Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Question about Leina's romance *spoilers*
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Vlad's Compilation
Abdelan
So...I was curious if I was on the right track for the romance as LT stopped appearing. I wanted to know if perhaps I messed up something or the romance gets further development on later chapters.

Namely I "think" I've got to Leina's 3rd set of flirts. I say "think" because first I received typical flirt options, then 3-4 Player Initiated questions sans flirting and then later I got new flirts again.

My last love talk with Leina was when she may give the PC a massage. I've also danced with her before and met with her ex-husband after visiting the Five Flagoons Tavern.

Are there any important quests one needs to advance the romance further and when does it/do they happen? I played it "safe" and waited in chapter 3 before planning to move the main plot along. It seems Leina wishes to know the truth of what happened to her mother by visiting an elven city so I think it may be definitely a necessity in her romance. Does one need to complete a specific quest/s to start Leina's own potential quest or it happens automatically in a specific chapter with a high enough romance meter with Leina or something alike?

Thanks in advance for any help!!! smile.gif
Vlad
Is it VC v2.1?

The last love talk starts with: (*Turning her pendant over in her hand she looks up as she senses your approach*) Hello <CHARNAME>, a moment to fix this and then I’ll be ready to move...

Yes, you're supposed to have 3 or 4 different set of flirts.

There will be final banters in the end of ToB.
Abdelan
QUOTE(Vlad @ Dec 25 2018, 10:54 AM) *
Is it VC v2.1?

The last love talk starts with: (*Turning her pendant over in her hand she looks up as she senses your approach*) Hello <CHARNAME>, a moment to fix this and then I’ll be ready to move...

Yes, you're supposed to have 3 or 4 different set of flirts.

There will be final banters in the end of ToB.

Wow, I did not notice there was a new version. I played with the "old" 2.0 blush.gif Does it contain some major fixes and if so then can I use the old saves(from ver 2.0) or is it recommended to start all over?

Yes, I checked right before the LT and it was the one where Leina turns her pendant over. So the next LTs come in ToB, right? And regarding her potential quest/s do I have to do something specific(or go somewhere) or it will just happen as I progress the main plotline?

Thanks in advance for all answers. smile.gif
Vlad
Does it contain some major fixes and if so then can I use the old saves(from ver 2.0) or is it recommended to start all over?
It depends where you are in your walkthrough. There are some changes. Nothing major, but some fixes, some additional items, more balanced items etc. Anyway, I'd suggest you complete the present game and then try another one with new versions, different NPCs and different path.

Yes, I checked right before the LT and it was the one where Leina turns her pendant over. So the next LTs come in ToB, right? And regarding her potential quest/s do I have to do something specific(or go somewhere) or it will just happen as I progress the main plotline?

There will be some banters and interjections with Leina, but the romance is basically over. It's not the long one. The longest is the quest to release her from the maze. Also, if you're playing the third path, and Leina saw her father dead or learnt that you murdered him, then there will be an encounter with Duke Duvaine, and then you'll be under the constant attack by his mercenaries. Moreover, you'll have flirts also in ToB. Since there are a lot of flirts with Leina, we decided not to expand her romance. So, in brief, there is nothing much to expect further in the game. In the finale, she will react dependent on what you're going to do with the throne. This will be also reflected in the ending of the game.
Abdelan
QUOTE(Vlad @ Dec 25 2018, 04:28 PM) *
There will be some banters and interjections with Leina, but the romance is basically over. It's not the long one. The longest is the quest to release her from the maze. Also, if you're playing the third path, and Leina saw her father dead or learnt that you murdered him, then there will be an encounter with Duke Duvaine, and then you'll be under the constant attack by his mercenaries. Moreover, you'll have flirts also in ToB. Since there are a lot of flirts with Leina, we decided not to expand her romance. So, in brief, there is nothing much to expect further in the game. In the finale, she will react dependent on what you're going to do with the throne. This will be also reflected in the ending of the game.

Ah, so the romance only gets "official"(potentially) by the end of ToB? A shame it does not get more a bit earlier.

I did not kill her dad as I joined Bodhi to make things go as smoothly as possible. smile.gif

And the maze quest happens automatically eventually or there is some trigger? Same with the possible quest to find the truth behind her mom's death?

Ummm... and one last question. Does Leina get a Bodhi capture moment like the vanilla romances do?

Thanks for the answers!!

Vlad
Does Leina get a Bodhi capture moment like the vanilla romances do?

Sure. All traditional plots and interjections are there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.