Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Taffic's quest
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
dime
Hi Vlad,
After Taffic joined my group I went to High Hedge to visvit this "powerful mage that lives outskirts of Bereghost", but when I tried to talk to Talantyr he did not have any dialog options related to Taffic's quest.
did I miss somenthing? Some trigger before visviting High Hedge?
Thank you.
Senka
You need to talk some times wink.gif Three I believe... If the letter is in inventory Thalantyr would react
Vlad
Yes, he is very annoyed. You need to make him talking.

But first of all you need to talk to Deidre in Ribald's shop, do some quest for her, get a letter and only then go to High Hedge.

Watch my walkthrough.
gigi_duru
Where do you get the rithtellium for Deidre? There's one in IWD, somewhere, that I've used to upgrade Sime's mace. Deidre sends you to the Shadow Thieves to get some, but I can't find any with them.
Senka
Severed Hand, Solonar Tower, Fourth Floor
gigi_duru
That's the one from IWD that I've used to upgrade Sime's mace. Any others? From Deidre's dialogue there's supposed to be one with the Shadow Thieves, but I couldn't find it.
Senka
Smth wrong. Cromwell has to use the nuggets of rithtellium ore that you obtain during Dar guest in Trademeet
Senka
Well... this is bug. I confirm it. Just use SK and put rithtellium ore in your inventory
Vlad
Natasha, why is it bug? There are two sources of rithtellium. One is in Severed Hand and other one is in Druid's Grove (in Dar's quest).
Senka
Deidre always took the ore, not nuggets. But Cromwell can use both of them. This is not right: quest item cannot be used as material for upgrade
Vlad
She takes the first available as well as Cromwell.

This is from her dialogue:

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 20
SAY ~Very few not of the guild are ever invited into their quarters... you however they are interested in and I believe safe entry will be afforded you if it has not yet already been given. As the wards are attuned to prevent entry from any not authorised, you would be safe. You can see my dilemma, so in exchange for my information you will retrieve the rithtellium for me.~
IF ~PartyHasItem("rithtel")
!PartyHasItem("rithore")~ THEN REPLY ~I happen to have some ore that I found and I have not been able to identify it. Could this perhaps be rithtellium?~ DO ~TakePartyItemAll("rithtel")~ GOTO 22
IF ~!PartyHasItem("rithtel")
PartyHasItem("rithore")~ THEN REPLY ~I happen to have some ore that I found and I have not been able to identify it. Could this perhaps be rithtellium?~ DO ~TakePartyItemAll("rithore")~ GOTO 22
PartyHasItem("rithore")~ THEN REPLY ~I happen to have some ore that I found and I have not been able to identify it. Could this perhaps be rithtellium?~ DO ~TakePartyItemAll("rithore")~ GOTO 22
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~That seems easy enough, I’ll be back with your ore shortly.~ GOTO 24
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~A small price to pay if it stops the gnome’s whining... I still say it will take a miracle not magic to turn him into something he is not.~ GOTO 24
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~From what I hear the Shadow Thieves are a very powerful organisation and the last thing I need is to have them assaulting me every time I turn a corner... (*Turning to Taffic*) I am sorry Taffic, but I am not going to do this.~ EXTERN ~TAFFICJ~ 19
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~I am not about to incur the wrath of the Shadow Thieves for a piece of useless ore. I think you will give Taffic here the information he seeks in exchange for your life... now that is more than a fair price wouldn’t you agree?~ GOTO 25
END

IF ~Global("VP_Find_Rithelium","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN BEGIN 26
SAY ~You return, does this mean you have the rithtellium?~
!PartyHasItem("rithore")~ THEN REPLY ~I believe I do Deidre. Here is this rithtellium?~ DO ~TakePartyItemAll("rithtel")~ GOTO 27
IF ~!PartyHasItem("rithtel")
PartyHasItem("rithore")~ THEN REPLY ~I believe I do Deidre. Here is this rithtellium?~ DO ~TakePartyItemAll("rithore")~ GOTO 27
PartyHasItem("rithore")~ THEN REPLY ~I believe I do Deidre. Here is this rithtellium?~ DO ~TakePartyItemAll("rithore")~ GOTO 27
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~No I have not been able to find it. Is it possible that the Shadow Thieves have found themselves a buyer after all?~ GOTO 29
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~No I have not Deidre and I am not prepared to spend the time necessary to look further. I suggest instead that you give Taffic the information that he seeks in exchange for your life... now that is more than a fair price wouldn’t you agree?~ GOTO 25
END

As you see, she'll always take only the available item. If you have two of them, she'll take the ore nuggets. smile.gif
dime
Vlad,Senka,
Thank you! Finaly I managed to push Thalantyr to speak. But now I stuck with Balor's blood, I couldn't find it anywhere yet. Could you give me a hint,please?
Senka
Balor's blood:
1. Melora quest
2. Planar sphere
3. NEJ end smile.gif
dime
QUOTE(Senka @ Nov 12 2018, 04:32 PM) *
Balor's blood:
1. Melora quest
2. Planar sphere
3. NEJ end smile.gif

Thanks a lot:) Planar Sphere is my only way then, since I dismissed Melora long ago mellow.gif
Senka
since I dismissed Melora long ago

Oh. You've lost a lot of experience and cool stuff.
dime
QUOTE(Senka @ Nov 12 2018, 05:11 PM) *
since I dismissed Melora long ago

Oh. You've lost a lot of experience and cool stuff.

Oh... sad.gif Is it possible to join her using console or Shadow keeper?
Vlad
Unfortunately, that won't help. The only way is to come back to your early saves and do the quest of Melora. There are new areas, very cool items etc. See my walkthrough in YouTube for the reference.
dime
QUOTE(Vlad @ Nov 13 2018, 01:08 PM) *
Unfortunately, that won't help. The only way is to come back to your early saves and do the quest of Melora. There are new areas, very cool items etc. See my walkthrough in YouTube for the reference.

Will do! Special thanks for the Taffic's quest ending biggrin.gif Pity that Taffic will never learn his lesson.
dime
QUOTE(Vlad @ Nov 13 2018, 01:08 PM) *

Hello Vlad, after dismissal I found Melora standing in the corner in Crooked Krane at City Gates, but when I try to talk to her - "Melora has nothing to say to you". Is it really no way to talk to her and join her in?
Vlad
Hello Vlad, after dismissal I found Melora standing in the corner in Crooked Krane at City Gates, but when I try to talk to her - "Melora has nothing to say to you". Is it really no way to talk to her and join her in?

What do you mean "after dismissal"??? She's supposed to leave on her own once her quest is completed.

You really need to start from the save before joining Melora. If you made a a save after you asked her to leave and she left the group, but didn't have the chance to leave the area, she'll be stuck in that area forever. This is the engine limitation. You always need to wait for the NPC leaving your area (being your party NPC, a messenger or any other active NPC). Otherwise, such glitches are guaranteed. We had such a glitch with Saemon leaving the tavern in Brynnlaw. The exit was stuck by other NPCs, and he couldn't move out of the area. The save was made, and then when reloaded, he was always there instead of appearing new Desharik's ship. Please keep this in mind.
dime
Thank you,Vlad. Noticed.
I have another question. When I watched your walkthrough I saw that Cromwell did some upgrades of the items available in NEJ (Staff of Super Power etc.). But he does not want to to the same for me:( Only once he recognized a piece of Rhitellium ore that I found in Ice Wind Dale, but I did not have other ingridients needed. He never offers again to upgrade any other NEJ items. I have "Item Upgrade Mod" installed, maybe this is the problem? Thank you.
Vlad
I have "Item Upgrade Mod" installed, maybe this is the problem?

Exactly! Enjoy your Item Upgrade.
dime
QUOTE(Vlad @ Nov 20 2018, 12:25 PM) *
I have "Item Upgrade Mod" installed, maybe this is the problem?

Exactly! Enjoy your Item Upgrade.

Uninstallation of Item Upgrade won't help me,right? blush.gif
Vlad
I think won't.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.