Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NEJ Questions
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
Lanzcos
Hi, I was under the impression that NEJ mixed IWD into BG2. Is that correct?

I installed with BGT, and everything seems to be working fine so far. I got to the bandit camp, and there were orc slavers there who kicked my ass. Is this from BGT or NEJ? I don't remember that in BGT last time I played it.

Can I use a few components from the gibberling's tweak pack with BGT + Vlad compilation + NEJ? Specifically, removal of the exp cap, adding true grandmastery, and the romance tweaks?

As I understand it, there are 3 parts of NEJ. Where are the 3 entrances? I can't find a current guide. Are these all part of IWD or is it totally new stuff? I'm a little confused what this mod contains.

Thanks

Edit: Do I need to do the whole Vlad Compilation or can I just do the baldurdash stuff? It seems almost a crime to make Jaheira a priest.

These tougher Black Talons are really impossible... Is the whole mod this difficult? Why not make this increased difficulty optional?
Senka
Hi, I was under the impression that NEJ mixed IWD into BG2. Is that correct?
Hi! Yes/ But NEJ starts in BG2. Installing BGT you got the possibility to have your party members from BG1 to BG2

Can I use a few components from the gibberling's tweak pack with BGT + Vlad compilation + NEJ? Specifically, removal of the exp cap, adding true grandmastery, and the romance tweaks?

No I afraid. True grandmactery would be added by VC

Where are the 3 entrances?
In Underdark. Try air portal.

Do I need to do the whole Vlad Compilation or can I just do the baldurdash stuff? It seems almost a crime to make Jaheira a priest.

You hasn't install optional components smile.gif And Jaheira druid-kit is optional. And her kit is not from VC but from NEJ

These tougher Black Talons are really impossible

As I remember it optional too. But I didn't play BGT for a looooooong time smile.gif
Lanzcos
Thank you Senka! I see that I'll need to reinstall a little differently. Is the exp cap removed in Vlad's compilation or NEJ? I would think there would be a lot of extra exp, since there are so many new areas.
Senka
Is the exp cap removed in Vlad's compilation or NEJ?

I don't know, really. Once I received 8 mln in the end of TOB but my character isn't received Exp further. Having full party during all the game you needn't cap remover I believe. But this is up to Vlad.
Lanzcos
Hmmm, I usually do a party of 4, so this might be an issue for me.

Also, in the readme for VC, it says Black Talon Elites were added as an optional component in version 1.74. How can I remove this? Is it just a file in override that I can delete or would that cause problems? (They are really impossible...)

These two things may be dealbreakers for me. A shame really, because the rest of the mod sounds amazing. Maybe these two things can be changed?
Senka
Hmmm, I usually do a party of 4, so this might be an issue for me.

If you play NEJ+VC you will have 3 unremoveable NPC: Hrotgar for NEJ, Yoshimo+Kachiko for TS. Keldorn, of you would play romance...

Wait for Vlad about Black Talon. But as I remember, fireball always work smile.gif
Lanzcos
Ha, true, but the fireball would kill all of the slaves too.
Senka
Web + Stinky cloud wink.gif Then shoot.
Lanzcos
They save against everything I cast. Fireball does 9 damage to them. Their arrows just cut through me, and I have some fairly tanky characters around level 5 and 6. Is there a previous version available that does not have this change? 1.73, for example?
Senka
Is there a previous version available that does not have this change? 1.73, for example?

No way/ And it will not work with NEJ.
Wait for Vlad and ask him to do it optional wink.gif
Or play without BGT...
Lanzcos
OK, I will wait. The thing is, I would like to play without SCS. It seems there is a lot of SCS in Vlad's Compilation. Since Vlad's Compilation is required for NEJ, I'm stuck with SCS if I want to play NEJ. I'm usually ok with difficulty, but I can't do this. So, my only question left for Vlad is -- is there any way to remove SCS from BGT + VC + NEJ?

If it's not SCS, I mean these extra hard encounters. Is NEJ full of them? Because I can't even beat the bandit camp.
Senka
Well, as i said I play without BGT but as I know Vlad doesn't use any of not-own-mod. So SCS is not here. May be I mistaken... And you know, when party returns from past (from NEJ1) to Athkatla, it too mighty for standard BG2 monsters. I myself asked Vlad to improve them ))))) When he finished I will check new edition.
Vlad
First, the new and last release is on the way. Better to wait for it. Second, installation here is strict: VC (full) + NeJ (full) or BGT + VC (full) + NeJ (full), no changes. If you want to try other mods, look at SHS for mega mod help.

Regarding black talons in BGT, it's a matter of tactics. You may use different tactical approaches, they are not that tough like some other foes. There is a protection from missiles spell and scrolls, clerics have mirroring spells, in BG2 there is a shield reflecting arrows. Eventually, you can always bypass them under invisibility. This relates to many encounters in NeJ. No need to fight foes that you cannot handle. Why RPG players always think they are mighty and can slain any foe they encounter? It shouldn't be so. It's really an easy part, just need to think. Anyway, you can change difficulty temporary in general settings of the game.
Senka
Why RPG players always think they are mighty and can slain any foe they encounter?

EXPAAAAAAA!!! laugh.gif
Vlad, really, why you even ask? )))))
Vlad
Well, you'll try a new red dragon soon. laugh.gif
Senka
Ja Ja natürlich! laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.