Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vlad's Compilation Download
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Vlad's Compilation
Vlad
You may download my compilation from the following link:

Download

The compilation contains essentially the latest versions of the three main mods: Baldurdash-WeiDU, Tortured Souls and Keldorn's Romance. Plus, there are smaller mods in the compilation, such as Third Path, Slavers in Action + Improved Copper Coronet, Semi-Multiple Strongholds, Restored Twisted Rune and much more (improved monk class, NPCs new kits, new NPCs and enhanced core NPCs and their items, many new items which can be upgraded etc.) Please see the relevant sections of the sub-forums. There are hint and walkthrough sections which may be useful.

Keldorn's Romance is written and tested (many many times) by Senka. Hopefully she will write ReadMe with all credits. New area graphics by Gorion.
christophe
Dear Vlad, I’ve downloaded recently your marvellous compilation - VCv10.exe - and noticed here an override folder among the install files; what is exactly its usefulness ? Have I to put it in the override folder of my BG2 game before the install, or is it a save of older files? Note: I’ve the intention to play with TS and a handful of components, without BGT or NeJ installed.
Vlad
Hi Christophe,

It's a way better just to click on the downloaded EXE file and install it without looking inside. wink.gif

The override contains big files which cannot be handled by DOS due to their size. These are mainly music files and some other files, which I prefer to put directly into your override.

Do you have the latest version of the compilation?
christophe
Dear Vlad, thank you for your quick response. So I have to specify that I’ve downloaded the most recent version of your compilation - VCv10.exe - and I’ve encountered an incomprehensible bug with my BG2 installation: when I click on the .exe file, I have a small icon which turns during a few seconds and nothing happened after, as if Windows - 10 in my case - doesn’t recognize your mod at all…It explains why I’ve been forced to open the compilation with WinRAR and tried to install my files from it, but I don’t know if the Setup-VCv10.exe activate too the unpack - tisunpack.exe - and the installation of your override folder. And I need to have more precisions about this VC\override file: does it contain necessary files - music included - for the whole compilation ? Or could I put it aside in my installation without problems at all ? Giving the fact I’m interested only by TS and a few components (Anomen, Nalia, Minsc, the powerful items and Dak’kon blades, and that’s all).
So Vlad the ball is in your court now…
Vlad
Ok, I see. So, you indeed may to unpack the mod manually. Please open the EXE file with WinRAR or WinZip, and manually move all its content to your BG2 directory:

WinRAR archive

Upon moving, you'll add all the files from the override folder of the archive to your override folder in the BG2 directory.

Then click on Setup-VCv10.exe and you'll get the DOS installation window. You may choose all the options (or to install everything at once) to be on the safe side.

Good luck!
christophe
Dear Vlad, it’s exactly what I’ve done. Well I can make my install without troubles now…
NB: about the Keldorn Romance, will his quests - the Firecam castle and the friend quest - are available even if <CHARNAME> isn’t available for the romance (for example if he’s a man) ?
Senka
NB: about the Keldorn Romance, will his quests - the Firecam castle and the friend quest - are available even if <CHARNAME> isn’t available for the romance (for example if he’s a man) ?
Unfortunately no. The romance is needed, you see... smile.gif
the friend quest

What do you mean?
christophe
Euh…I wanted to say the spy quest…of course !
Senka
I see. Unfortunately... you can collect all letters, but you cannot finish this quest. RomanceActive needed smile.gif
christophe
so the new things of Keldorn Romance are actived once the romance activated ?
Senka
Do you mean rings etc.? Not all of them, there are not a lot of them. Really without RomanceActive you cannot receive one ring and one chain (they are good, hehe). But third path and other things - BD. Improved NPCs - BD. Alternative method to resolve fallen paladins problem will work without RomanceActive
christophe
Dear Senka, it’s exactly what I wanted to know. Now I can install the VCv10 without problems…ah the marvellous items created by Vlad ! These fantastic armors assembled with dragon scales ! Whow !
Vlad
Yes, basically all components from VC work with no need to install Keldorn's romance. You can follow the Third Path and cheat both vampires and thieves. You can have the new Slaver's quest with the improved Copper Coronet. Keldorn's related areas and quests (the Baator and the War) are not available without his romance. Also many other quests from NeJ3, including Angelo's Legacy for Shar-Teel, Expanded Slaver's Quest for Dar, Bounty Hunter's Quest for Melora, Gnome's Transformation for Taffic, and Leina's Romance are not available because you don't install NeJ3. wink.gif

Thanks you for your praise. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.