Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mod requests
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Rjali NPC
Seewead
To all users and fans of the RJali-Mod - just so you know: After the mod had reached its version 8.x, the mod-author (Nullset) has expressed and confirmed his current intentions, of "not doing any major work" in the forseeable future, but rather to concentrate on repair/bugs/"clean up" (provided he should find the time and muse for that). Therefore it is NOT likely that he will be able to adress your / my / our mod-requests in any way. Nonetheless it is not forbidden to express our fan-wishes and proposals, of course. This thread serves as a location to bring them all together. I created it, because the various requests confusingly pile up in a lot of different threads by now. blink.gif

Seewead

Seewead
Dear Nullset, please let me start here in drawing your attention to some new romance mods, that are not incorporated by your mod yet. Maybe they simply escaped your sight. Probably because they are rather new, I would guess.

A.
So there is Sirene ( https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/62163...r-bg2-ee-v1-5-1 ). She is a tiefling paladin. The mod seems to be really completed and well honed; version-number is 1.5.1 by now. SOA and TOB-content. She is voiced and has a lot of banters with other group members, even crossmod-content (with Fade for example). I have seen around 16 full regular lovetalks, but there are some more, that depend on various situations.

B.
And there is Sheena ( https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/60784...alf-dragon-tale ). This mod I haven't played so far, but I am really interested. She seems to be a half dragon (multiclass fighter/wizard). Though her (half-)dragon form is inaccessible most of the time. Now kissing a dragon would be a new experience for me, I give you that. Mind you, her romance-track is still rather small (only 6 lovetalks) and SOA-only. From what I gather, this mod could rather be regarded as work in progress, though it already reached version 2.5. So probably not very sensible to incorporate it in your mod just right now; better to give it some more time to complete. But from what I can read in the above mentioned forum it is already bug-free.

Thought you could find these interesting. Even if not for incorporating them in your RJali-mod, but as a connaisseur of romance mods.

See ya, Seewead

edit: Minor spelling error

edit2: changed the numbering to A, B, C ...
nullset
@Seewead

I have decided to try to include Sirene. Sheena, as you noted, is still too raw to mess with and, from what I saw, the translations weren't very good. I am also considering doing something about orphange dialogue for minor characters in the keep. All this is not coming out anytime soon, especially as I have to work the BGEE Sirene into the Jini mod so as to have a good feel for the character. I am also working at a snails pace. Just to let you know what is in the works.
Seewead
@Nullset: Thanks for the update - sounds awesome. I would love that.

But don't you hurry, I expect nothing befor christmas.

smile.gif, Seewead

Seewead
Concerning Rjali-mod version 8.4:

So the following request was cut out from the other thread "Getting started" and brought over here. Because I feel that the other thread should not be the place for wishes and requests, but should aim to inform the player, who had never used the Rjali-mod before, about the current mod content.

And the following part did not do that. Rather it consists of my wishes to change the mod (that is: the installation options) in the future. So for that reason it belongs here in this thread. Here goes:

C.
Dear Nullset, I hope you allow me a little critizism at this point. Please don't get me wrong: I love the mod; it gave me uncountable hours of fun already. thumb.gif But I dislike "cheating", at least if it goes over the top. So I really would wish to get the option of NOT installing the "cheats". At the moment, just installing the core of your Rjali-mod gives the player so many "cheat" options, whether he wants it or not. Here are my main concerns:

Horace, the Djinn in the lamp, willingly gives everybody who asks for this a 100.000 gold pieces, each time. As often and as long as you want it. Meaning the entire storyline of the first part of game (about you finding money for the thieves to make them bring you to Imoen) would become obsolete.

Horace gives everybody experience points. 1 Million at a time. So if you would want to invest 20 minutes of your time and would do a lot of clicking with the mouse, every member of your group would have reached level 50 (or whatever level cap you have in your modded game). After these 20 minutes there would be really nothing interesting left in the world anymore. You would be god and the game would be practically over.

And Horace gives you equipment, that makes your ears pop. Just to bring one remarkable example here:

"Rjali's Book

STATISTICS:

Strength: Set to 25 permanently
Dexterity: Set to 25 permanently
Constitution: Set to 25 permanently
Intelligence: Set to 25 permanently
Wisdom: Set to 25 permanently
Charisma: Set to 25 permanently
Current/Max HP: 100
Base THAC0: Set to 10
Magic resistance: Set to 125
Proficiency Longsword: 5
Proficiency Axe: 5
Proficiency Sword and Shield: 2
High Level Ability: Can use any item"

And you can get as many copies of it as you want, which means for every member of your group. So basically not only you are the descendant of a god, but everybody in your group is as well.

@Nullset: Sure, you give us the README-entry:
"- If you enjoy struggle (especially in combat) in your game [...]. And avoid asking Horace for items and services."

But that is not as the average player would like it, I am quite sure of that. To be honest, that way always feels a little silly to me: I know I only have to ask for it (gold, XP and so on). But I don't ask. blink.gif It would feel much better for me, if these "cheats" were truly disabled. Maybe I can persuade you to make these "cheats" optional? I know that would mean a lot of extra work for you. And I know that you hate changing the installation options, because that would bring up the (very exhausting) need to change the entry for BWS as well. But it would mean much for me. wub.gif

Alternatively, maybe it would at least be possible for you to invent some sort of very serious caps to this "services" that Horace is offering? Like giving gold and XP only once or something?

Any change here would be really appreciated, Seewead

edit: some small spelling errors

edit2: changed the numbering to A, B, C, ...
nullset
Keep the suggestions coming, Seewead. I am doing a cleanup release that MIGHT be out by Xmas. EG: Buff Rjali will only occur if equip option selected; dialog option to switch Horace's buffing off (not an install option, so you still have to use some willpower - but only once at the beginning.) I'll be too busy to keep you up with all the changes I am making, but rest assured that your suggestions are (mostly) not being ignored.
Seewead
QUOTE(nullset @ Aug 6 2017, 03:51 PM) *
Keep the suggestions coming, Seewead.

No, don't ask me for that. happy.gif But be at ease - I know, you don't mean it. wink.gif

For starters let me come back to the already mentioned:

C. (see post further above)
QUOTE(nullset @ Aug 6 2017, 03:51 PM) *
Buff Rjali will only occur if equip option selected; dialog option to switch Horace's buffing off (not an install option, so you still have to use some willpower - but only once at the beginning.)

I am truly grateful for these changes to come.

But since my request to switch off the "cheat"-options, I have played on with the game. And by now I have reached a point, where I see things a little differently. Here are some small thoughts:

Your bags of holding are great. And they are not "cheats" in my eyes. It would be a pity to withhold them from the users of your mod.

For many of Horace's services, there could be an other option than preventing them completely: If you could make these accessible only after the return from Underdark, that would already ease up things a lot. And at the same time it would not be necessary to cut off these nicely done parts of your mod in their entirety. Which would be a shame, I have to admit. I reason, that, after Underdark, many of Horace's services are not longer game-changers anymore. Wouldn't you agree? First accessibility to Horace's services in TOB would be even better.
a.
After a big chunk of the game is played, gold is really not that important anymore. Let Horace give it away then. No one will complain about it, I am sure.
b.
When some point in the game is reached, the equipment would not feel that much out of place anymore. Yes, the items would be still mighty powerful, but in relation to many other items of the game, that would be tolerable. With the exception of "Rjali's book", of course. Make that go away, please. biggrin.gif

As far as Horace can give you experience points, hit points and stat points (Strength, Dexterity and so on), there could also be an other option than cutting them off completely. These possibilities could simply be caponized in some way:
a.
For example in the way, that you can choose every option only once.
b.
Another idea has come to my mind, that I would like to suggest to you: For every woman, that is truly in love with you (RomanceActive=2), Horace gains the ability to raise one of your stats by 1 point. That way we would - at the same time - also get a little bit of an explanation for Horace's super powers. To hear more about him, even a tiny bit, would be very enjoyable and entertaining.

See ya, Seewead
nullset
There are just too many variants here. Any one of which would displease somebody. I'll stick with the two options: choose to live with the game supplied equipment and buffs; or retain Horace's services and exercise your own discretion on what services you are willing to use. That covers the ball park and allows the player to make his own decisions.
Seewead
D.
This one I have already wished for on more than one occasion. Thought I should put it here for the completeness of this thread.

I would love it, if you could give the deArnise Keep more life, more love, and a much more homely, cozy feeling. wub.gif That would be truly awesome. This is one of the things that are really missing, if you ask me.

But I already wrote enough about that and made so many suggestions, so I should become silent and not repeat everything here.

E.
Another aspect, that I have wished for before:

I would love it, if you could make more women "parkable". For me this option feels like one of the best parts of your mod. Simply Wow thumb.gif Only not enough. bigcry.gif

F.
Here is some other important facet, that would greatly benefit the feeling that your mod conveys to its user. It would be awesome, if you could strengthen the emotional aspect of the bond with the girls.

What is missing is some sort of a wedding ceremony. Yes, you give us the - very informal - "on the fly"-wedding with Rjali, Fay, Grace, Annah, Ravel and Imoen (if I remember all of them here). It was nice and I enjoyed it.

But I would like to get something much more formalized. Make it a big celebration in the main audience hall in the deArnise keep. Let's invite every NPC that we traveled with during SOA (provided, they are still alive). Just put them in the hall as an audience of friends on the sidelines - no need for banters or such. Add the people, who live in the deArnise Keep. Don't forget Jini and Doofus, Adahn and Morte. And all the girls from the Brothal. For the ceremony we already have that priest, who has settled in the Keep. But of course you could also skip him altogether and leave it with wedding vows by Charname and the women.

And if you would be so kind: Charname has given Rjali, Fay, Grace, Annah, Ravel and Imoen Engagement rings. And our other loved ones? Now this can't be right. huh.gif

And please don't forget the wedding night. Looking forward to it.

G.
Please give us much more group-banters. Yes, I already read the files of your mod - there is still more to come for me, that I haven't experienced yet. But it is simply not enough. biggrin.gif No, honest. The invention of these group-banters with all the girls involved is something, that is truly unique to your mod. And I do not use the word "unique" lightly here. And these banters carry emotions and give inspiration. Love them. Possible ideas:
- What happend in the keep during Charname's absence and his rescue of Imoen? Any scandals?
- The decoration of the keep, an endless theme.
- Preparation for getting pregnant; and what will the ladys do during their pregnancy? Change their diet? Find a suitable place for the cradle? More sleep, more vitamins, more ...
- Makeup and style; some of the girls really need some teaching here; finally one time, when Skie is needed and accepted with her ideas. laugh.gif
- It can be freezing cold in the keep: Where is it the most cozy? How can you get warmth? What about some magic?
- Morning jogging group - who is in?
- Any mutual hobbies? Who is painting? Yoga-class with Tashia? Can Jaheira teach the girls to ride on horses?
- Does Charname snore? Uh, what to do about it?
- Does Charname have a big new char? Where? How did that happen? Is the wound dangerous? A reason for sorrow?
- Compare bra-size - can magic do wonders? Or does one girl have rather to much?
- What about the female cook? Did the girls teach her to cook differently? Does Tyris needs meat all the time? Who is vegetarian? And where do the women have dinner? The great hall should be fine, only it can be a little chilly there. Where else then?
- Don't they want to have some pet around? Well, Fade wants to have a beautiful little cat. Who votes in favour?
- Did Charname mix up the girls? Ouch, how to make him never do it again.
- Did Charname spend to much time with Grace and forgot Ravel instead? Reason for some serious group-banters. How to make sure everybody gets their fair share.

H.
Please make a dream come true and realize some erotic cuddling with three girls at a time. Look, this is not about sex (not so much, he adds sheepishly). In my eyes, some hint of it would be absolutely appropriate. And an allusion would be all that it takes. Besides, I think it would only be natural. I suggest some sort of script, that would be activated occasionally, always with the same text and including Rjali, but one other randomly chosen girl.

So much from me for this time. No, rather for a somewhat longer period. I have some heavy chunk of work ahead in autumn. Thank you for listening to all my wishes. blush.gif So long, Seewead

nullset
D - I take the urgency of the game quest seriously and, until that is resolved, the keep is not yet a settled HOME. It retains its character as a fortification. It is in the process of change, but cannot be the occasion for major interruptions of the game plot.

E - I will not interfere with the more complex NPC romance developments. Some NPCs cannot be parked without major modifications to the original authors' intent. In my estimation, that would be undue interference in the work of these mod makers. I respect their work, and have monkeyed with them as much as I am going to.

F/G - See D above. There is one point where such an expansion would make sense: at the end of the game between the movie depicting the destruction of the Throne of Bhaal and the epilogues. I have actually looked into this. It is a serious technical problem which might not be capable of resolution. I think it would be nice to have a post quest segment with everything (well, almost everything) your heart could desire. I'm just not sure it is possible. I will be looking into it again in the future. Please hold suggestions for this until I can determine that it can be done. If it cannot, we can both just dream!

H - ToB has a group banter orgy. That will have to do.
nullset
@seewead

I have just released Rjali v8.5 (and Jini v1.7, if you're interested). This will be IT for a very, very, very lo-o-o-o-o-ong time (unless a major bug is found, of course). I have just proved concept on my EOG idea, and will start designing (that's "designing" - not "coding") a wrap-up expansion sub-mod, allowing the player to wander around enjoying the fruits of his final victory at his leisure, not at the game's dictate - to be designated v9.0. It will occur after the movie showing the destruction of the Throne of Bhaal and before the End-of-Game movie. It will terminate the game at the whim of the player, as opposed to the abrupt way games jump into their usual EOG segments. At which point will follow the EOG movie, epilogues, and credits. Many of your ideas for making the keep more homelike and having more relaxed interactions with other characters will be suitable here. Note that this will NOT be a game as such with XP, GP, etc... It will be more like an extended victory dance, which is something I have always wanted in a game but never seen. Oh yeah. This will only happen if you decide NOT to ascend but to remain mortal. I'm not messin' with no gods.
Seewead
Ia.
I didn't know where to put it, so I put it here. I thought it could be prudent to point out to you this web-page from Roxanne, that was created very recently after she - at least partly - left the most common forums. It can be found here on: https://baldursextendedworld.com/

There you could find some fresh updates for the NPC mods your mod incorporates (for mods that are no longer cared for by there creators and have been left abandoned). Most of them are EET only. But for BG2EE there is:

- DaceEET-master (upgrade to "version 3.0 and later")
- NaliaEE-master (upgrade to "version 6 and later")
- Saerileth-master (upgrade to version 20 and later")

As far as I can see from your README, you were not aware of some recent updates of the NPC mods. Couldn't hurt to have a look. Though of course I don't know for sure how widely these branched off updates from Roxanne will spread in the community. But I am sure they will be very well written like everything she does.

Ib.
Isra is version 2.3 now ( http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/1042-isra/ )

J.
I think the new patch 2.5 just came online. Am I right? Will that change anything with your mod? Will the incorporated NPC mods still be usable?

K.
Only a small hint, that could maybe bring a smile to you: http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/1198-m...or-bg1bg2eeeet/

L.
Completely new NPC romance mod: http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/1203-ashar-npc/
Maybe you want to check it out. She is a half-orc girl, so there is some new perspective. Though it is maybe way to fresh to incorporate it in your mod just yet.

So much for my input, see ya in some weeks, Seewead

edit: small spelling error
nullset
QUOTE(Seewead @ Jun 30 2018, 05:40 AM) *
Ib.
Isra is version 2.3 now ( http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/1042-isra/ )

Actually, Isra is at v3. and I am already accomodating it.

I am looking into all the others.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.