Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Version NeJ3 7.02 is available for download
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
Vlad
NeJ3 v7.02 is now available for download.

Installation order is very strict:

SoA-ToB + ToB official patch (v26498) + Vlad's Compilation + NeJ3 v7.02

It can be installed on top of BGT as well, and it is fully compatible with BGT including the smooth transfer of your NPCs from BG1 to BG2 and story-line continuation.

Possible installations:

Alternative 1:

SoA-ToB GOG + Vlad's Compilation + NeJ3 v7.02

Alternative 2:

SoA-ToB + ToB official patch (v26498) + BGT + Vlad's Compilation + NeJ3 v7.02

Alternative 3:

SoA-ToB + ToB official patch (v26498) + BGT + Vlad's Compilation + NeJ3 v7.02 + BG1-songs

BG1-songs restores the original BG1 area songs and can be uninstalled when you start the BG2 part of the game.

There are a lot of things to add as hints and the original walkthrough should be rewritten. The third part starts in Underdark via fire elemental portal. All the NPCs quests are optional but have timers. It is highly recommended to do the major quests in Athkatla to find all new NPCs and complete their quests. The BG1 locations are available through a new map with modified locations. This map will become the map of BGT if it is installed.

There is a large number of powerful items which sometimes can be further upgraded by Cromwell or Cespenar, so don't throw the important components from your inventory and visit Cromwell sometimes if you feel you can enhance an item. Cromwell will arrive to Brynnlaw, so you'll have an option to forge some of your items there.

The third path is available by opposing Gaelan and rejecting Bodhi's offer as well. It is advisable to complete all the thieves related quests including the thief guild quests before you confront Gaelan for his key. After that you'll be constantly attacked by thieves looking for you in Athkatla. Prepare for tough fights. The same problem will be after destruction of the slaver's base in Slums. Slavers won't leave it unpunished.

Anyway, if you have questions or require hints, please don't hesitate to ask me here.

Credits for new area graphics are to Yura Popov (aka Gorion).

Good luck!
Vlad
Download of the new version is available here:

Download
Abdelan
Is that the new version that was meant to come out or the reupload of the current version?
Vlad
This is a new version compatible with the second version of my compilation. You should install it after the compilation as detailed above. Enjoy it. smile.gif
Abdelan
QUOTE(Vlad @ Sep 29 2018, 10:47 AM) *
This is a new version compatible with the second version of my compilation. You should install it after the compilation as detailed above. Enjoy it. smile.gif

Nice, but shouldn't it be named 7.03 to avoid confusion with the version that came a year ago?
Vlad
Don't mind the numbers. Only quality matters. laugh.gif
Abdelan
QUOTE(Vlad @ Sep 29 2018, 05:42 PM) *
Don't mind the numbers. Only quality matters. laugh.gif

Eh, its just that if I drag it to my BG2 mod folder it will overwrite the old version. blush.gif

And I'm the type of weirdo/alien who happens to collect older versions of mods...just in case. tongue.gif

Anyway, congrats on the release!!! Both this and the Vlad compilation. smile.gif
Vlad
Thanks!

No, you cannot drag it and overwrite the old version. I've moved some components between the mods. You should just make a clean installation of ToB with VC 2.0 + current NeJ3 7.02. Otherwise it won't work well.

Anyway, it's worthwhile to do a clean installation and start a new game. You cannot use saves from the previous game. There are too many changes.
Abdelan
QUOTE(Vlad @ Sep 30 2018, 01:33 PM) *
Thanks!

No, you cannot drag it and overwrite the old version. I've moved some components between the mods. You should just make a clean installation of ToB with VC 2.0 + current NeJ3 7.02. Otherwise it won't work well.

Anyway, it's worthwhile to do a clean installation and start a new game. You cannot use saves from the previous game. There are too many changes.

Cool, is there some extra stuff for Leina maybe? Does she get an epilogue dependant on whether romanced or not?

Or some new weapons to find?
Vlad
Yes, of course. Leina has the complete SoA-ToB romance with abduction by Bodhi, Master Wrath scene and epilogues.

New weapons - too many.
christophe
With Vlad at the controls - and Senka as copilot - a marvellous masterpiece of narration and technical is now available for the BG2 players. Bravo les artistes !
*wonder why Vlad and Senka doesn’t work in the video games industry instead…*
Vlad
Thank you, christophe! Wow. biggrin.gif

I'd like... but I have always been in a place and time distant from the gamin industry. sad.gif
yzqc
BWPV18.1 needs Never Ending Journey 3 v7.02 (09.12.2017),where is it?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.