Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Melora and Dar quest triggers
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
ucsb
Hi All,

I have completed every quest in chapter 2, including the slavers quest in the CC. I have spent time outdoor and indoor. Not certain at this point what I need to do to trigger their quests (bounty hunter and slaver quests.) I have also tried going forward to chapter 5 all the way through finishing Hrothgar quest, but still nothing on those two. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Senka
Dar quest start just after returning from Halruaa (Dar should be in your party). And Melora quest is starting during Dar quest (entering Canddlekeep location)
ucsb
That might be the problem then. Dar and Melora were with me for Halruaa. But every time I left Halruaa I had to use CLUAConsole:movetoarea to get back to Ulcaster as the spot on the ground outside the academy would always crash the game for me.

Any other ideas on how to trigger the quests?
ucsb
Maybe there is a global variable I can change?
Senka
I don't know about global variable, but you can return to Ulcaster with Dar in your party, and 3 half-ork bandits will approach you and ask about Dar. Let him speak with them.
to get back to Ulcaster

Didn't you see them? Did you talk with Tilorn?
ucsb
I have actually never seen them. I installed everything the way Vlad said to, including BGT, with no other mods.

When I finish with Halruaa I return to Ulcaster. Tilorn is there and speaks with Hrothgar. But the 3 half orc bandits never appear. I have tried exploring the entire map, sleeping, waiting for time to pass. Nothing. I have also tried leaving the location and returning. Nothing.

Not sure of what else I can do at this point.
Senka
Well, soon will be new version. You can wait for it. And with current problem wait for Vlad: I never had any problem with Dar quest. But still you can do Melora quest.
ucsb
Actually I have never had her quest trigger either. Based on what you said earlier i'm not sure I can do her quest if Dar quest doesn't trigger first.
Vlad
Yes, please wait. I have already sent you a message. Hopefully, I'll complete my beta-testing of the new version in 2-3 weeks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.