Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BWS-Setup
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Rjali NPC
Seewead
Dear Nullset, since summer I didn't find the opportunity to spend time with your version 7.0 and another run of the game, had hoped for a month of spare-time, though in vain... Nevertheless I would like to give it another go now, so I could at least play some hours a week.

Did try to install via BWS Big World-Setup ( https://bitbucket.org/BigWorldSetup/bigworl.../get/master.zip ). Love it! There is no better way installing the game; with this tool the installation-process becomes fun even.

Unfortunately it doesn't work anymore with your mod. bigcry.gif

Here is at least one reason: The Rjali Romance definitions for BWS are outdated, they were created for version 5.1 of your mod, if I am not mistaken. The good thing: The BWS is capable to find the updated version 7.0 by itself alright. But you also changed the structure of the installation-choices your mod is asking for. blush.gif

A1.
As far as I can see in your readme, since version 6.0 you dumped the option to make rjali a sorceress. In spite of this the old BWS-definitions are still expecting a choice for her class.

A2.
From your readme (since version 7.0): "Remove option to NOT install multiple romance. This mod is all about multiple romance, and so much doesn't make sense if it is shut off."

You are right, Sir! But the BW-Setup still explicitly asks for this option. Nevertheless this doesn't stop the installation-process, so maybe it isn't worth mentioning.

A3.
But these shouldn't be the only problems, I am afraid... I found out what it is, do not know why though:

Asked for the timing adjustments the mod installs correctly with BWS if you choose the option "a lot faster". If you don't and choose otherwise, the installation will stop. ??? unsure.gif

A4.
And last not least: When I manage to install via BWS the debug-file (of BWS) gives me the following:

"WARNING: cannot verify trigger ~InParty(RJAnnah)~: Not_found
WARNING: cannot verify trigger ~!InParty(RJAnnah)~: Not_found
WARNING: cannot verify trigger ~InParty(RJAnnah)~: Not_found
WARNING: cannot verify trigger ~!InParty(RJAnnah)~: Not_found"

But I get these with a manual installation as well. Can you confirm? Any ideas?

A5.
Well, I would be VERY grateful, if you could find the time to find some remedy. thumb.gif

B1.
By-the-way a small remark regarding the installation-process of your mod: After the option for the timing adjustments you ask the people, if they want to install the rjali-core-mod. Hey man, of cource they want to! They love it! smile.gif Skip the question, if you feel like it. This is totally different with the "equiping the troops", of cource, because that lowers the difficulty of the game (a LOT).

B2.
Concerning installation-order of BWS:

a.
From your readme:
"Fade Romance v7.3b (I miss Annah from PST.) Install this mod after all the above romance mods; it has a bug that I can fix only if it is last."

BWS is installing Fade somewhere in the middle of the various girl-mods. blink.gif

b.
From your readme:
"BG2 Tweakpack Multiple Romances: Does not handle the post Gorion Wraith sequence properly, except for the NPC who was subjected to the wraith's scrutiny. Fixed.
BG2 Tweakpack Multiple Strongholds: Cleric not spawning. Fixed."

BWS uses Tweaks Anthology ( http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?a...mp;showfile=973 ) as the succesor of bg2 tweakpack. The nessary components should be the same though, should it not?

But BWS is installing Tweaks Anthology AFTER the rjali-mod (which seems only natural for me). Question is, can your mod fix the tweaks-components in spite of this? huh.gif

On the other hand - maybe your fixes are already incorporated in the global BW-Fixes? It seems to me that this could be the case, because some parts of your mod are skipped during the installation, because they already exist? No clue...

Enough from me for tonight, thanks a lot for your support and your great mod, Seewead thumb.gif

nullset
Looking into it.
nullset
OK. I am contacting SHS to fix the install options thingie. The not verified error was a bug on my part; I will fix this by releasing v7.1 which I was delaying because it contains new content reflecting events in my Jini mod for BGEE (still in development). I will mention the Fade installation and Tweaks order of install, but I'm not sure they can/will change these. We'll see. There were changes to the speed option, but it looks OK to me.
Seewead
Awesome! Thank you very much for your swift reply. biggrin.gif

I am sure it will be possible somehow for the guys over on SHS. Would be so important to me (and all the other fans as well, I am sure). Since the first time I installed via BWS I just can't go back to a manual install, quite similar like your mod BWS makes quite a leap. wink.gif

See ya, Seewead
nullset
Rjali v7.1 is up at BWL with the bug fix and its small content additions. I have added the basement to the Brothal from Torment with a carryover character from the BGEE Jini mod. Also, there is a surprise explanation of the "illusion" in the circus rescue sequence. The update to the BWS download should be up very soon. Have fun!
Seewead
Thank you very much, Nullset, that was very quick! thumb.gif

Unfortunately it is not working as one could wish...

There is a new problem now: Big World Setup is unable to download your mod now. Don't know if you changed something. I am pretty sure that the reason lies with the download-link: As could be expected, BW Setup is unable to download from a webside where interaction is needed to trigger the download (says so in the description). This is the case with Black-Wyrm-Lair and its annoying advertising, where you always have to click on "Continue to BlackwyrmLair". bitter.gif With your previous version 5.1 this problem didn't exist. How did you do that?

Well, of course with BWSetup you are able to download manually. Though you have to confirm manually again, because your mod-version 7.1 doesn't come in the expected size (this size in the BWS-definitions was not changed since your mod-version 5.1). In spite of this you can always force BWS to install anyway. But this is what happens then [extract from the BWS-debug-file]:

[Rjali/Dialogue/SOA/RJPST/RJDOOFUS.d] PARSE ERROR at line 92 column 1-15
Near Text: THEN
syntax error

[Rjali/Dialogue/SOA/RJPST/RJDOOFUS.d] ERROR at line 92 column 1-15
Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [Rjali/Dialogue/SOA/RJPST/RJDOOFUS.d]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: compiling [Rjali/Dialogue/SOA/RJPST/RJDOOFUS.d]!
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Rjali Romance Mod (BG2EE:SoA & TOB NPC) created by nullset], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 497 files for [RJALI/SETUP-RJALI.TP2] component 3.
Uninstalled 497 files for [RJALI/SETUP-RJALI.TP2] component 3.
ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error
PLEASE email the file SETUP-RJALI.DEBUG to nullset@sympatico.ca
Automatically Skipping [Rjali Romance Mod (BG2EE:SoA & TOB NPC) created by nullset] because of error.
Using Language [English]
[.\lang\de_de\dialog.tlk] created, 104515 string entries
[.\lang\de_de\dialogf.tlk] created, 104515 string entries

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Bantergoose and Parking Expedite -> No Other Mod Timing Adjustments

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Rjali Romance Mod (BG2EE:SoA & TOB NPC) created by nullset

C:\Program Files (x86)\BeamDog\Games0783>Bantergoose and Parking Expedite -> No Other Mod Timing Adjustments (Rjali Romance) wurde erfolgreich installiert.

And here is the corresponding part from my "SETUP-RJALI.DEBUG"-file

[Rjali/Dialogue/SOA/RJPST/RJDOOFUS.d] PARSE ERROR at line 92 column 1-15
syntax error

[Rjali/Dialogue/SOA/RJPST/RJDOOFUS.d] ERROR at line 92 column 1-15
Parsing.Parse_error

ERROR Installing [Rjali Romance Mod (BG2EE:SoA & TOB NPC) created by nullset], rolling back to previous state
Unable to Unlink [Rjali/Backup/3/OTHER.3]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "Rjali/Backup/3/OTHER.3")
[Rjali/Backup/3/UNSETSTR.3] SET_STRING uninstall info not found

[... long wall of text ...]

Unable to Unlink [Rjali/Backup/3/READLN.3]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "Rjali/Backup/3/READLN.3")
Unable to Unlink [Rjali/Backup/3/READLN.3.TEXT]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "Rjali/Backup/3/READLN.3.TEXT")
SETUP-WEIDU.TP2 0 0 Installed
SETUP-BWS.TP2 0 0 Installed
RJALI/SETUP-RJALI.TP2 0 2 Installed ~Mod Timing A Lot Faster~
PLEASE email the file SETUP-RJALI.DEBUG to nullset@sympatico.ca

Can you confirm? Do you need more of my debug-file? Very friendly of you to help me out. beer.gif

Personally I would like more people to try out your mod, it is a revelation! Another reason why BWSetup would be important for me. See ya, Seewead

nullset
Hi Seeweed. There was, indeed, a bug in RJDOOFUS.d which I am fixing in v7.2. As to the download problem, I will check with Baronius at BWL and agb1 at SHS. I apologize profusely. I have been stymied recently because the Windows 10 Anniversary Edition update rendered WeiDU unusable. I have just restored my opsys to before that update, and have just now been able to test stuff. Blame Microsoft.
nullset
OK. BWS says that the download problem occurs sometimes, and the resolution is the manual download that they provide. Any further problems with this issue you should direct to them. That would be agb1 at SHS. Rjali v7.2 is up now with the RJDOOFUS fix. Happy Humbug!
Seewead
Hello Nullset, thanks for your help, you did it even bevor chrismas eve, though I only find the time to check out your mod just now.

Unfortunately something seems to be wrong with my install (wether I go via BWS or start an oldfashioned manual install). Right from the start - when Rjali spawns for the first time - she comes with seven or eight copies of herself. And when I choose one of them to speak to, this one avatar changes her appearance and becomes identical to CHARNAME. blink.gif What the heck? No other mods installed (edit: wrong, there is also the Imoen-Mod installed). Can you confirm?

Thanks for your help, Seewead.

P.S.: Happy new year to Canada! thumb.gif
nullset
I just started a new game and did not encounter your problem.
Seewead
Hm... Oh... oops... seems like my install was corrupted somehow. I did a fresh install again and now the problem is gone! thumb.gif Whatever happend ph34r.gif - problem solved.

Sorry to have bothered you, Seewead.

nullset
S'alright. These little things happen.
Seewead
I was trying to install the game via the BWS today. Seems like you didn't update the BWS-definitions to version 8.0. (new version number and new size, I guess). Nevertheless BWS was able to locate the version 8.0 on its own.

Sorry, if I am rushing things more than a bit. I know, it has been just a couple of hours since you gave us your version 8.0. But I couldn't wait and had to try it out right away. smile.gif

Thank you, Seewead

nullset
V8.1 on the way up. Checking with BWS on the procedure for updating a version number; it would be nice if they had a friendly UI for handling this.
Seewead
Thanks. Tons. thumb.gif

Seewead
Another question about the BWS-Installation:

In your Readme (Rjali-Version 8.2) it says:
"- Fade Romance v7.3b [...] Install this mod after all the above romance mods; it has a bug that I can fix only if it is last."

Despite of this, using the BWS-Installation, Fade is among the first romance-mods to install (in fact second only to amber).

So here comes my question: What is it with that bug? Is it still there or was your patch already incorporated by the Fade-Mod? Or by the BW-Fixpack ( https://kerzenburg.baldurs-gate.eu/downloads.php?id=49 ) ? Downloading the latter (latest version 16.7 from 2016-11-17), I can see that the BW-Fixpack provides a total of 5 different patches for the Fade-Mod.

If it would not have been adressed by either of them, is it gamebreaking in any way?

Because if it is, that would prevent me from installing with BWS, wouldn't it?

And because BWS is currently (hopefully only temporarily for a short period of time) without support, a change in BWS-install-order will not come quickly.

Thanks for your help, Seewead

Seewead
And in addition to the post above here is second question about the needed install-order of the romance-mods:

In your readme it says:
"- Imoen Romance v3 [...] install this before all other romance mods as the latest release tends to overlay (read: wipe out) the work of those other mods."

Here is my thought: This couldn't be outdated by any chance? Because the change-log in your readme for version 5.2 reads:
"- Remove fixes for Imoen Romance (no longer needed)."

This would be very important for my installation, because the BigWorldSetupt (BWS) installs the imoen-romance rather late, AFTER a lot of other romance-mods.

I would appreciate your help, Seewead smile.gif

nullset
The Imoen Romance no longer has any internal bugs that need fixing. It does still interfere with other mods, and should be installed before them. It gets especially tricky at the Gorion Wraith sequence, where IR does some very non-standard things. I have taken to installing IR first of the romance mods, so that I do not have to fix the world. Atlas I ain't!
ALIEN
Fade Romance bug can be fixed via BWFixpack in order for Rjali to not be depend to install order.
Seewead
Dear Nullset, I hope I am allowed to recall my question of the post #16 (see above). I was under the impression that you didn't answer it, because you concentrated on the following post #17.

QUOTE(ALIEN @ Jul 27 2017, 09:01 PM) *
Fade Romance bug can be fixed via BWFixpack in order for Rjali to not be depend to install order.

Hm... Maybe ALIEN has a point here. Should the aforementioned problem still exist, then there would be two possible solutions for an installation via BWS. 1) It would be possible to make BWS and BWP change the installation order of the romance mods the way your mod needs it. 2) The second possibility would be to include your patches/fixes in the BigWorldFixpack (which BWS installs prior to any other mods). What do you think? Could that be a viable way? Or is it already included?

Thanks for your help, Seewead

nullset
@Seewead @ALIEN Guys, the only thing I can fix is my own mod and its installation. BWS is controlling its own install order and fix set, so these sort of suggestions should be made to BWS, not to me. Sorry about that...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.