Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BDW + TS + Keldorn - please implement fixes from Big World Fixpack
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Vlad's Compilation > Tortured Souls
ALIEN
Thanks, this merge brings my attention and I needed to have any info, not necessary wall of text wink.gif BWS Team/Leonardo Watson will definitely take look at install order/compatibility but ...

... for the love of god, could you please implement at least some of the fixes from the Big World Fixpack? It will make maintainers of the compatibility for you mods much, much easier. You can download always upto date version from this link: https://github.com/BiGWorldProject/BiG-Worl...hive/master.zip
Vlad
I need to know which fixes should be introduced. Please send me the list of what should be done. Also, many things have been fixed since those versions that you install in BWP.
The Imp
Ouh, AlienQuake, erhm it's clearly not very effective to ask Vlad to download a file, while you could easily go into a bit more detail and thus gain a little more co-operation. ...

@Vlad: I would expect him to wish to show these edits to TS, as that's the TS section of the BWP fixpack without any downloads, but the files themselves that are applied during the run of the BWP Fixpacks install if the mods files are in the game folder and the line numbers etc match. Yeah, this is old topic... but let's still go through it. If you don't mind. And yeah, there's section for BDW there.

Such as the first one in the TS, Movie3ba.baf.patch ...

I expect the above should be somewhat self explaining.

And that sort of things, there's at first glance dozens, though you might have already fixed all of them. There might be a few you have missed.
The forum can't show the content of the files clearly, so I just added the first ones picture. The files are in the patch format, it should be easy to edit the changes from them. And yeah, the fixes refer to versions that the edits were added to, but as you might still have them in few in them, you probably will want to check each. And then when you patch the code, you might want to mention that they are no longer needed in the BWP Fixpack, though that's totally up to you of course.
Vlad
Thank you. I'll do that of course, probably next month.
Vlad
Add Movie3a.bcs and Movie3b.bcs - original scripts - the same problem.

[EDIT] By the way, it's a redundant fix. Nothing changes. Rest() makes the whole group resting.
Vlad
-GiveItemCreate("ValNeck2",Protagonist,0,0,0)
+GiveItemCreate("ValNeck2",Player1,0,0,0)

What's the problem with the Protagonist identifier? I'm using it through out my mods without any problem. It's equivalent to Player1.
Vlad
Anything else?
The Imp
QUOTE(Vlad @ Oct 23 2016, 11:39 PM) *
[EDIT] By the way, it's a redundant fix. Nothing changes. Rest() makes the whole group resting.
But does that make the character go to "sleep"... aka the sleep animation plays during the cutscene ?

I don't have any actual idea, but the Protagonist -> Player1 could be cause there's a mod that allows the protagonist to die ... so for compatibility's sake. But that's just a suspicion.
Vlad
Yes, the whole group goes to sleep. You see it.

No problem with the Protagonist identifier. Don't worry. I've been using it because one of my earlier ideas was to remove protagonist from the group for some time and convert one of the NPCs to Player1 temporarily. I've used such trap to do that and then Player2 became automatically Player1 but not Protagonist. However, after Protagonist returned to the group, he got the Player1 identifier back. I think it's hard coded. That's why if you use the Protgonist identifier, it will always relate to your protagonist.

[EDIT] I'd love to see the code for the mod which allows protagonist to die and credits.
ALIEN
Thanks Imp for giving more detailed explanation. I could swear that I have posted direct links to previews like this: https://github.com/BiGWorldProject/BiG-Worl...ounds.bat.patch. Neverless, I've also asked Leonardo to provide feedback but as I can see, he didn't made any reply.

I'd love to see the code for the mod which allows protagonist to die and credits.

Well, you have to stick with sometimes bugged "Game Over Only on Party Dead" or use EE-version - it has build in feature/opcode for this.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.