Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NeJ3 v7.02 - Download
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
Vlad
NeJ3 v7.02 is now available for public download:

Download

Installation order is very strict:

SoA-ToB + ToB official patch (v26498) + BD-WeiDU v1.75 + TS v7.06 + NeJ3 v7.02

Alternative 1:

SoA-ToB GOG + BD-WeiDU v1.75 + TS v7.06 + NeJ3 v7.02

Alternative 2:

SoA-ToB + ToB official patch (v26498) + BGT + BD-WeiDU v1.75 + TS v7.06 + NeJ3 v7.02

Alternative 3:

SoA-ToB + ToB official patch (v26498) + BGT + BD-WeiDU v1.75 + TS v7.06 + NeJ3 v7.02 + BG1-songs

You're required to install all components of BD-WeiDU v1.75. Don't ask me which component may not be installed. The answer - all of them are needed.

Please don't skip the installation of TS for technical reasons. If you don't want to do the quest of Yoshimo & Kachiko, just don't do it or let them go. If you install TS v7.06, please don't install animations (component #2) and GUI (component #3). You'll be notified during the installation of TS that these components should be skipped if you're going to install NeJ next.

There are a lot of things to add as hints and the original walkthrough should be rewritten. The third part starts in Underdark via fire elemental portal. All the NPCs quests are optional but have timers. It is highly recommended to do the major quests in Athkatla to find all new NPCs and complete their quests. The BG1 locations are available through a new map with modified locations. This map will become the map of BGT if it is installed.

There is a huge number of powerful items which sometimes can be further upgraded by Cromwell, so don't throw the important components from your inventory and visit Cromwell sometimes if you feel you can enhance an item. Cromwell will arrive to Brynnlaw, so you'll have an option to make some of your items.

The third path is available by not accepting Gaelan's offer and rejecting Bodhi's offer as well. It is advisable to complete all the thieves related quests including the thief guild quests before you confront Gaelan for his key. After that you'll be contantly attacked by thieves looking for you in Athkatla. Prepare for tough fights. The same problem will be after destruction of the slaver's base in Slums. Slavers won't leave it unpunished.

Anyway, if you have questions or require hints, please don't hesitate to ask me here. And I also expect that someone of you will write a walkthrough based on the existing Richard's walkthrough.

Good luck!
Senka
Well, I will check SoA-ToB GOG + BD-WeiDU v1.75 + TS v7.06 + NeJ3 v7.02 + Keldorn1.01 for compatibility wink.gif
Hehe
Vlad
Sorry, TS is the must at the moment. It took me some time to make both mods fully compatible. I don't want to untie them now for technical reasons. Maybe in the next releases.
dime
Hello Vlad,
First of all thank you very much for the great mod. I enjoeyd playing NEJ2 and now I am glad to know how the story end in the part 3.
Need some help with the NEJ3 installation. I did the installation strictly according to the instruction above (SoA-ToB + ToB official patch (v26498) + BD-WeiDU v1.75 + TS v7.06 + NeJ3 v7.02
and SoA-ToB GOG + BD-WeiDU v1.75 + TS v7.06 + NeJ3 v7.02) , but for both I faced the following problem.
The installation process ends with ".....override/intro8.ogg", readme automatically opens and no message if the mode was installed successfully or not.
The game starts normally, but Shar-Tell when I click or commend her. How can I fix it?
Thank you.
Vlad
Hi dime,

You need to grab a key and unlock her cell. Then she will talk to you or wait a bit and click on her.

Just a question, did she ask Imoen to unlock the cell in the very beginning?

You are welcome.
dime
QUOTE(Vlad @ Nov 28 2016, 10:32 PM) *
Hi dime,

You need to grab a key and unlock her cell. Then she will talk to you or wait a bit and click on her.

Just a question, did she ask Imoen to unlock the cell in the very beginning?

You are welcome.

Thanks for the reply. I released her from the cage, she joined the party, but she has no "voice". When I click at her, command her to move etc there is no chacracter voice sound. But her speech is written in the log. Is it ok?
Please confirm if it is ok/not ok when NEJ3 installation process ends with "can not find.....override/intro8.ogg", readme automatically opens and no message if the mode was installed successfully or not. Thank you.
Vlad
If Read Me opens, it means the mod was installed successfully. You just close the Read Me and/or press ENTER in the DOS window to close it.

Please attach here your SETUP-NEJ3V702.DEBUG file. It is located in your main game directory.

Sound intro8.ogg is indeed non-exsitant, but there should be no error. I'm attaching the zipped NeJAreasSounds.bat file. Please unzip and put it in the installation RAR file and replace the existing one there.

Regarding voice sounds of Shar-Teel, it happens when you install mods but start with an existing save or import characters.

After I check the DEBUG file, you may need to reinstall everything, or maybe not. We'll see.

[EDIT] Please check that you have files SHART02.WAV ... SHART41.WAV in your override directory.
dime
Hi Vlad,
It worked!Thank you very for help.
I replaced NeJAreasSounds.bat in the NEJ3v7.02 archive with the one that you attached and the installation finished succesfully,
and Shar-Teel's sweet voice is echoing the dark halls of the prison:)
I attached SETUP-NEJ3V702.DEBUG just in case.
Vlad
Great!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.