Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 7.05 and former versions
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Vlad's Compilation > Tortured Souls
Minsc_and_Bouh
Hello,

I'm new to this forum and this kind of thing. I played baldur's gate a long time ago, and wishing to play it again, I found out about all these mods that greatly increase the gaming experience.
I set my sights on the Big world project, and I will tackle its installation in the next few days. But when I looked on its associated forum, it seems that the setup for BWP hasn't been updated for the latest release of Tortured souls v7.05, and after looking at the user manual for BWP, it seems the setup fully supports the 7.04 version of TS.

Do you know where I could get this v7.04? All I can find are the 7.05 and 6.12 versions on the internet.

Thanks in advance for your help
Cheers and keep up the good work, I'm really looking forward to this thumb.gif
Vlad
Hi and welcome,

I'd like to provide you with v7.04, but I don't have it. It is strongly outdated, something like 7-8 years old, and I don't keep my old discs, I don't even have a CD drive anymore in my computers, all the CDs are trashed. So the only thing I can suggest is to ask some players for the old version.

I've released a new version which has a new content, old bug fixes and improvements, and I highly recommend it for installation. Why not to try the combination of TS and NeJ3 in one game instead of BWP?

Anyway, thank you and good luck.
Minsc_and_Bouh
That's quite surprising ohmy.gif
Maybe I'll get the 6.11 version then. I'd better try and hope for no bug instead of no TS at all.

I checked out NEJ and it seems quite incompatible with other big mods. For my first run in 15 years, and considering the amount of time needed for one run, I'd really like to play Baldur's gate with quite a number of mods.

2 questions though:

1) To you knowledge, what mods are compatible with NEJ and TS?
2) Can your mods work with Siege of Dragonspear? If not, do you intend to make them work with it? Because at the present moment, I won't be playing this new official release, but in the future, if I get to make a 2nd run, I'll try all your mods + SoD for a different experience of the game.
Vlad
Well, maybe I'm mistaken, but the amount of content added by TS + NeJ3 is huge, comparable to combination of many many mods, not mentioning the quality. I even think that EE version with its new add-on adds significantly less to the game. But anyway, it's your choice.

1) I have no idea about compatibility. Smaller mods, such as romances or area quests, which don't heavily modify the original game files maybe compatible, but may be not. However, TS + NeJ3 are fully compatible with BGT (trilogy) including continuity of the game and NPCs.
2) My mods are not compatible with EE version. Regarding the new EE add-on, as I see from reviews all around it's a big failure.
Minsc_and_Bouh
Well then, maybe I should keep NEJ and TS in store for a 2nd run later.

Thanks for your fast answers, it's much appreciated.
Cheers
salomonkane
Mods Archive Repository :

@ Vlad & Minsc_and_Bouh,

Hi Guys,

Do you know where I could get this v7.04?
(...)
to ask some players for the old version

Just in case :

http://america.iegmc.net/ts/

Mirror :

http://iegmc.shphockey.com/ts/

(Enjoy your BWP ... ^^.)
Minsc_and_Bouh
Thx!
Vlad
America. iegmc.net gives me the red warning in Google: The site ahead contains malware. Not sure, it's Google specific.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.