Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TS BDWeiDU required components list
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Vlad's Compilation > Tortured Souls
ALIEN
Hi,

which components exactly are required for TS? The current component list is:

~SETUP-BDTOBV174.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldurdash Fix Pack for SoA-ToB, v1.74 WeiDU
~SETUP-BDTOBV174.TP2~ #0 #1 // Improved Monk Class (by Vlad)
~SETUP-BDTOBV174.TP2~ #0 #2 // Core Baldurdash Fixes (by Kevin Dorner)
~SETUP-BDTOBV174.TP2~ #0 #3 // MULTI-STRONGHOLDS (by Vlad)
~SETUP-BDTOBV174.TP2~ #0 #4 // RESTORED TWISTED RUNE QUEST (by Vlad)
~SETUP-BDTOBV174.TP2~ #0 #5 // RESTORED HINDO'S DOOM (by Vlad)
~SETUP-BDTOBV174.TP2~ #0 #6 // GRAND MASTERY FIX (by James Schumacher)
~SETUP-BDTOBV174.TP2~ #0 #7 // IMPROVED COPPER CORONET (by Vlad)
~SETUP-BDTOBV174.TP2~ #0 #8 // RESTORED DAK'KON'S BLADE (by Vlad)
~SETUP-BDTOBV174.TP2~ #0 #9 // Improved Nymph (Woodland Being) Script (by Goeran Rimen)
~SETUP-BDTOBV174.TP2~ #0 #10 // Dual Wielding Fix for Rogues (by aVENGER)
~SETUP-BDTOBV174.TP2~ #0 #11 // Additional fixes for v1.73 (by Vlad)
~SETUP-BDTOBV174.TP2~ #0 #12 // Restored Anti-Dragon Items (by Vlad)
~SETUP-BDTOBV174.TP2~ #0 #13 // Improved Character Nalia - Stats and Items (by Vlad)
~SETUP-BDTOBV174.TP2~ #0 #14 // Improved Character Aerie - Priest of Lathander (by Vlad)
~SETUP-BDTOBV174.TP2~ #0 #15 // Third Path (by Vlad)
~SETUP-BDTOBV174.TP2~ #0 #16 // Dressed Avatar Fix (by Galactygon)
~SETUP-BDTOBV174.TP2~ #0 #17 // Cromwell in Brynnlaw (by Vlad)
~SETUP-BDTOBV174.TP2~ #0 #18 // Improved Character Minsc for BG1 (BGT required!) (by Vlad)
~SETUP-BDTOBV174.TP2~ #0 #19 // Boo - Familiar of Minsc (by Vlad) (If you're going to install TS next, please install this component.)
~SETUP-BDTOBV174.TP2~ #0 #20 // Continuous and Custom Kit Imoen (by Vlad)
~SETUP-BDTOBV174.TP2~ #0 #21 // Merchant League Bank (BGT required!) (by Vlad)
~SETUP-BDTOBV174.TP2~ #0 #22 // BGT Compatibility, Fixes and Improvements (BGT required!) (by Vlad)
~SETUP-BDTOBV174.TP2~ #0 #23 // Tougher Black Talone Elites (BGT required!) (by Vlad)
~SETUP-BDTOBV174.TP2~ #0 #24 // Stats and Portraits of Viconia and Jaheira. BG1 Viconia and Jaheira can get their BG2 portraits and stats (by Vlad).
~SETUP-BDTOBV174.TP2~ #0 #25 // Improved Character Xan (BGT required!) (by Vlad)
~SETUP-BDTOBV174.TP2~ #0 #26 // Textupdatepack -> Baldurdash English Text Update Pack for ToB, v1.4 WeiDU (by Kevin Dorner)
~SETUP-BDTOBV174.TP2~ #0 #27 // Textupdatepack -> Deutsche Korrektur von Textfehlern v2.1

Could you please makr only necessary components?
Vlad
Well, if you don't want fixes and optional components from BD, you may skip everything except #0 and #2 (just to let the installer proceed). But then why do you need BD at all? You have your G3 fix and a tone of other things fixing and improving.
ALIEN
The information is for updating BWS BD+TS+NeJ rules: "TS needs BDToBv168 (component 0) or BDToBv174 (component 0)" to "TS needs BDToBv168 (component 0) or BDToBv174 (component 0 and 2)"

So you telling me that because of the similar fixes present in G3 BG2 Fixpack, TS can be installed with it instead of BD 174?
Vlad
I don't know to which information you relate and what do you want to do. If you want to make it compatible with Mega Mod, then there is a different forum at SHS. Here we discuss only recommended installations.
ALIEN
QUOTE(Curois @ Mar 19 2016, 03:55 PM) *
I found the problem! I only installed some parts of Baldurdash, because I didn't want everything. Apparently you cannot leave out the "Third path" component, because it will break the TS installation.

QUOTE(Vlad @ Mar 19 2016, 04:25 PM) *
Thanks for finding this. Yes, Third Path obviously uses Kachiko's dialogue, and that's why I've included it in Baldurdash. But it's strange that APPEND turns to APPEND_EARLY by WeiDU v185.

Anyway, if Third Path solves the problem, so be it.

[EDIT] I'll separate Third Path from TS in future by creating an additional DLG directory in TS installation, but for now please install it as a necessary component.

I'ts exactly what I've asked. You are author of the TS/,BD,NeJ code so you are the first person to ask. I'm glad that you want to remove requirements of BD component because it allows to skip it and have less code-dependency.
Curois
You also need the "Boo - Familiar of Minsc" component for TS to work. It even says so in the BD installer wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.