Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: KR v1.01
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Vlad's Compilation > Keldorn NPC
Vlad
This is really a great day or night! After 10 years of work with Senka on this fantastic project, I'm happy to release it to public.

There is no "Read Me" in the installation package, so I'll just put a few words here.

////////////////////////////////////

THANKS TO:

Gingerrr for translation of SoA
Larrienne for proof-reading
CreateR for translation of TOB
SirChet for proof-reading
ADD-players Turalion and Romuald for discussion and understanding of paladin oddities and rules

MUSIC:

Mortuary theme by Paul Romero
Slayer theme by Joseph LoDuca
"Love's not for me" by Graham Gouldman
War theme from Lord of the Dance
Keldorn theme by Secret Garden

RHYMES:

Bard songs by David Moursund
Elf song - Kania Gratchianskaya. Translated by Shadenuat.

INSTALLATION:

SoA + ToB (including the official ToB patch) + Baldurdash-WeiDU v1.74 + Tortured Souls v7.05 + Keldorn Romance v1.01

TS is highly recommended but optional, BD is the must.

ESSENTIAL TIPS:

1. Your protagonist must be a human, elf or half-elf of any good or lawful neutral alignment and any class except a thief. Keldorn won't romance thieves and opposite alignments. True and chaotic neutral characters are possible but risky.
2. Minimum intelligence and charisma of your protagonist should be 13.
3. Playing this mod please remember that Torm is a god of duty, loyalty, and righteousness. So please be very considerate when communicating with Keldorn, be nice, be wise, be patient, don’t be rude and selfish. Keldorn as a true follower of Torm appreciates wisdom and willingness to sacrifice yourself for your friends.
4. There are a lot of possibilities to ruin the romance at any moment during the game by acting against Keldorn's principles or saying something that he wouldn't accept. So please choose your answers wisely and save a lot.
5. There is a concurrent romance with Anomen, and everything may turn badly and end up in tears if you find yourself inside this triangle. Therefore, if you want to continue with both of them, we strongly recommend to cool Anomen off as soon as possible, after a couple of his love talks. Otherwise, you may loose Keldorn or even both of them.
6. Keldorn won't associate himself with thieves or Bodhi. Therefore, there is a third path (installed via Baldurdash) to reach the Spellhold. However, if you first buy the assistance of Aran in this matter and then join Keldorn, he may live with that. But again, please remember that this is a risky business since Keldorn is very sensitive to anything relating to thieves.
7. Keldorn has a new kit "Redeemer" based on his original Inquisitor kit.
8. Do not put Lady Maria in jail, and I'm repeating that - don't put her in jail! And of course, let Keldorn rest one day with his family.
9. Speaking with Kelemvor in Mortuary, do not hesitate to sacrifice yourself - you will be awarded as well as Keldorn.
10. Rest often, particularly after Spellhold. Don't rush with your game, do major and minor quests - Keldorn has a lot of things to say. Moreover, there are many cool items including weapons spread in the game, for example Vampire Revenge. If you do the quests, you'll find them.
11. Don't romance Valygar even if you're tempted to do so. If you want to play Valygar Romance, do it in a separate game without Keldorn.
12. We strongly recommend you to join Sarevok in ToB.
13. After the battle for Keldorn's castle, don't run out of the area. You have some time to loot the bodies, identify items etc.
14. Don't use the portal in Spellhold to Underdark, but please come back to Brynnlaw. This is a temporary requirement, and I'll fix it in the future releases.
15. You may want to visit the group of mercenaries led by Captain Dennis in the Delosar's Inn when you have collected enough evidences that Riatavin is planning the war against Amn. The best time to do that when you have completed most of the quests in Amn but before going to Spellhold. Dispatching Captain Dennis and his group will trigger the new chapter when you go outside the inn.
16. After leaving Underdark and going back to Athkatla, you are strongly recommended to visit all three areas on the way including the Small Teeth Pass.

Baldurdash enhances Nalia and Aerie. Both are highly recommended in the party, particularly Nalia. She's probably my favourite character for now. My dream team for TS + KR in SoA:

Protagonist - fighter dualled to cleric at level 10 (wearing Flail of Ages +6 - available in DeArnise Castle)
Yoshimo - thief dualled to fighter at level 10 (Vampire Revenge and Black Night available on his island)
Kachiko - kensai/mage (enhanced)
Nalia - mage/thief (enhanced)
Keldorn
Imoen (Charming Rogue)

Nalia will be replaced by Sarevok in ToB.

There are many new features and small changes/improvements added by Baldurdash, so if you encounter something unusual for the core game, please ask questions. We're here and will be happy to answer.

Good luck,
Vlad and Senka.

Download
lambada
CONGRATS!!!
Vlad
Thank you!
lambada
Looks fantastic. Is it compatible with NEJ, or should I play it as a seperate game with TS?
Vlad
Nobody tested KR in one game with NeJ3. I'd recommend to play it with TS for now. KR takes care of compatibility with TS, while NeJ3 takes care of compatibility with BGT. I'm starting my own walkthrough of all these mods installed together to see if there is any compatibility issue with NeJ3.
Graoumf
Congratulations Vlad! It's always a pleasure to see a hard work out.
Senka and you must be proud. smile.gif
Senka
We are more relieved than proud

Exactly ))))
mystymoo
Yusss! I am so excited!!! *happy dance*
Senka
You may have Viconia and Edwin in your party if you want smile.gif
mystymoo
Do I need "Core baldurdash fixes"

When I install that part I get

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
Resource [SPMDSLAY.SPL] not found in KEY file:
[./chitin.key]
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Core Baldurdash Fixes (by Kevin Dorner)], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 1376 files for [SETUP-BDTOBV174.TP2] component 2.
Uninstalled 1376 files for [SETUP-BDTOBV174.TP2] component 2.
ERROR: Failure("resource [SPMDSLAY.SPL] not found for 'COPY'")
PLEASE email the file SETUP-BDTOBV174.DEBUG to Kevin Dorner -- the original creator of Baldurdash, King Diamond -- WeiDU conversion, Vladislav Papper (vladp6@gmail.com) -- compilation, maintenance, additional fixes and optional components
Vlad
Is it a clean install? Please note that you really need a clean install:

SoA + ToB (including patch) + BD-WeiDU v1.74 + Keldorn v1.01

You may install TS between BD and KR.

Trust me if you install the game a new, you won't have any problem.

Please attach WeiDU.log here anyway.

Vlad
I've googled this file. It's a component of the ToB patch. It seems you don't have the official ToB patch installed.
mystymoo
QUOTE(Vlad @ Mar 15 2016, 11:31 PM) *
I've googled this file. It's a component of the ToB patch. It seems you don't have the official ToB patch installed.

That helped me figure out the problem

Apparently installing Baldur's Gate in program files on windows 10 causes ALL sorts of problems - The BG patch just wouldn't install, I couldn't alter the .INI - just snowballs of problems

reinstalled the game outside of program files - THEN the patch managed to install correctly, and everything else fell into place

Long story short - Windows10 is evil sad.gif
Senka
Do not install BG2 in program files! Make other directories. For example I always use another disk for Windows 7 too. C: is only for system files.
Vlad
Long story short - Windows10 is evil

Well, that's why it's free. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.