Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Little feedback about the v1.72 release.
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Vlad's Compilation > Baldurdash-WeiDU
The Imp
The file structure is not pretty, I would ask that you would only have the BDash -folder and the Setup-BDToBv172.exe -file in the exterior, and move all the rest to the BDash -folder. Also it might be useful to name the mod "DBash", so the starting executable is setup-BDash.exe and the .tp2 would be: DBash/DBash.tp2 . Yeah, there's no need for the "setup-" to be there like a sore thumb on the newer weidu's.
I don't know if I would even care but anyways, your folder structure is inconsistent to what comes to the folder names cases/CASES, and that will stop the mod from being installed on file systems that care about that fact.

Also you should use a little newer weidu.exe's, so you can use the readme and version flags, so:
CODE
BACKUP ~DBash\Install\Backup~
AUTHOR ~Kevin Dorner -- the original creator of Baldurdash, King Diamond (waxhall@yahoo.com) -- WeiDU conversion, Vladislav Papper (vladp6@gmail.com) -- compilation, maintenance, additional fixes and optional components~

AUTO_TRA ~BDash\language\%s~

LANGUAGE ~English~
         ~english~
         ~BDash\language\english\setup.tra~

LANGUAGE ~Deutsch~
         ~deutsch~
         ~BDash\language\deutsch\korrektur.tra~
[b]VERSION ~v1.72~
README ~BDash/BD-WeiDU 1.72 Readme.txt~
[/b]BEGIN @0
Well, of course you should update the version flag when you make a new releases.

The author flag names the current person that maintains the mod, not the original authors, as it's used to indicate to whom to send the setup-BDToBv172.debug when the mod fails to install something, so they can easily debug the error. I would say that yours is a bit too long to know exactly the person to contact... I know, but the lesser the possibility of error here, the more likely...

Is there a reason why the Improved Monk Class is before the Bdash core ?
Vlad
Thanks for your nice feedback, which I really appreciate.

However, unfortunately, I didn't understand most of your comments. You know I'm building mods without new automatic features of WeiDU, by hands, writing all dialogue states, all structures in TP2 and so on. I still enjoy WeiDU 185 and don't see why should I move to the newer versions broken by Bigg. Since my modding style is old, I get errors from the Bigg versions of BiggDU, and I don't want to troubleshoot them. Not my fun. For example, regexps were seriously damaged by Bigg, don't know why. They never come back working as they do in WeiDU 185. It means, part of my dialogues are just screwed by BiggDU.

What I can ensure everyone, and you know that, if BDash-WeiDU is installed after the core installation of BG2-ToB or BGT (like it should be installed), no problems whatsoever occur.

Now, if you want to update it as you see proper, you're welcome to do that. Just please wait for the v1.73, which is on the run now with TS and Keldorn's Romance.

As to monk, I had some problems with its installation, so I've decided to move it up, and it solves those problems.
The Imp
QUOTE(Vlad @ Dec 26 2015, 04:15 PM) *
They never come back working as they do in WeiDU 185.
I have no idea about the past, but with the WeiDU v238(00) as the Setup-BDToBv172.exe at least, it produces no errors or warnings in a clean install. You can download the file from here(as a direct download).
The BiggDU is a totally different tool as far as I know of it. It was supposed to be some kind of auto install helper... but it's not maintained anymore cause the bigg retired and now the weidu.exe is upkept mainly by the Wisp with friends.

I'll be waiting for the v1.73 update, and then begin to send further update suggestions. After I have done a few tests so everyone of the suggestions work for sure. We'll see, I could actually take over too.
I also have plans to do the same for the TS when you bring out the v7.05, and NEJ3. biggrin.gif laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.