Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eternal Imoen
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Small mods, tweaks and fixes
nullset
This is a rework of Lord Mirrabbo's Eternal Imoen. It is a standalone mod in Weidu format, not embedded in the Imoen Romance mod or any other for that matter. It has been tested in BG2EE only. The one caveat is that it WILL conflict with any mod that deals with Imoen in Chateau Irenicus, because IMOEN has been replaced by IMOEN2 in that environment. Otherwise, it should be compatible with any Weidu mod. V2 offers the option for Imoen to be either a multi-class or dual-class mage/thief.

The mod comes in a zip file of about 880KB, which contains a folder and the Wiedu exe. The latest version may be downloaded at Eternal Imoen download

The latest readme (v6.3) is attached here.
Bill Bisco
What exactly does Eternal Imoen do?
nullset
Imoen starts in Chateau Irenicus at the very beginning of the game. On exit from CI, she is snaffled up by the Cowled Wizards and sent to Spellhold. The first 3 chapters of the game are spent getting money/experience/etc in order to find and rescue Imoen, who is encountered again in Spellhold. The Imoen you meet in Spellhold is NOT the one who you lost on exit from CI: any spells, experience, or hacks (using EEKeeper, for instance) are lost. Some attempt is made to make up for this by giving her some experience, but she just is not the same. Eternal Imoen causes the Imoen you lose from CI to be the same one you pick up in Spellhold (with some experience added to make up for having missed your earlier adventuring). A bonus feature has been added so that, on the install of EI, you can choose for Imoen to be either the usual dual-class mage/thief, or a multi-class mage/thief.
Bill Bisco
This is an extremely important mod. I'm really surprised Bioware coded the game like that, losing xp and whatnot. I am most disappointed. Thank you for making this.

Would you please add the mod to this link so that it can be more routinely used: http://www.shsforums.net/topic/58006-big-w...quest-template/

Thanks,

Bill
nullset
Hi Bill,

Being a neophyte at distribution infrastructure, I had a lot help from Baronius in getting set up on Black Wyrm. I had a look at the link you suggested, and don't have a clue how to set it up. Even the Weidu stuff, which I understood for the most part, was a little on the thin side of describing requirements. I'm not at all sure that a link to the Black Wyrm download would work on Spellhold Studios. I find GitJub to be even more confusing. I am actually a mainframe (IBM mostly) programming dinosaur.

If you know how to do this, feel free to do so. If changes are required to the tp2, lemme know. THAT I can do.

Ron
Bill Bisco
QUOTE(nullset @ Jul 6 2015, 02:09 PM) *
Hi Bill,

Being a neophyte at distribution infrastructure, I had a lot help from Baronius in getting set up on Black Wyrm. I had a look at the link you suggested, and don't have a clue how to set it up. Even the Weidu stuff, which I understood for the most part, was a little on the thin side of describing requirements. I'm not at all sure that a link to the Black Wyrm download would work on Spellhold Studios. I find GitJub to be even more confusing. I am actually a mainframe (IBM mostly) programming dinosaur.

If you know how to do this, feel free to do so. If changes are required to the tp2, lemme know. THAT I can do.

Ron

You don't need to change anything you've set up. The link I gave is for you to fill out mod info to aid the Program Big World Setup install your mod.
nullset
v3 is on the way. It is the same as v2 with one added feature. If the Imoen Romance v2.5 has been installed, Eternal Imoen will adjust the Imoen Romance to the new reality. Therefore, it behooves one to install Eternal Imoen AFTER the Imoen Romance. Things might get a tad complicated when/if Imoen Romance 3.0 comes out, as they might be incorporating Eternal Imoen v1 into it. I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.
nullset
Eternal Imoen v3 may be down loaded here. (not anymore)
nullset
Eternal Imoen v4 will be available for download soon.
nullset
Here is the download for v4: (not any more)
nullset
V6.1 just removes bgt from the mod's listed compatabilities. What is left is bg2ee, tob, and soa.
agb1
I'm curious how this mod will interact with the unreleased Enhanced Edition Trilogy -- https://github.com/K4thos/EET/blob/master/E...umentation.html

Converting existing mods for EET topic mentions continuous characters (EET focus here is BG1 to BG2 transition) -- http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=27751

I suggest starting a thread on G3 forums in the EET section (http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showforum=195) to explore whether anything will need to be done for compatibility.
nullset
It almost looks like EET has implimented its own version of Eternal Imoen. One piece of the doc states that the DV (imoen2) must be consistent across all four segments. Eternal Imoen is needed only where the DV changes from imoen (in Chateau Irenicus) to imoen2 (the rest of bg2).
agb1
I'm in the process of adding Eternal Imoen 6.1 to BWS. In the tp2 file I noticed that you are using DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF and DECOMPILE_DLG_TO_D.

Those WeiDU actions are deprecated according to the latest WeiDU documentation: http://www.weidu.org/~thebigg/README-WeiDU.html

Have you considered using DECOMPILE_AND_PATCH instead?
nullset
Thanks for the heads-up on the WeiDU change. I just made those changes, and will be getting it uploaded to BWL ASAP. I gather you already got the proper BWL download link. Baronius filled me in on the change required for compatability with BWS.

I made the same changes to Rjali. Now, the only overlap I found between my fixes and those in the BiG Fixpack was to the Dace cloning problem. I have gated my patch to run only if the BiG patch is not there. I looked all over, but couldn't find any other overlaps. Let me know if I missed any, as preventing a conflict is quite easy. What else do I need to know and do about getting Rjali into BiG?

How do you handle the issue of sequencing the installs? Eternal Imoen must be installed after the Imoen Romance and, if any other mods involve dialog with Imoen in Chateau Irenicus, I need to adjust for them because I change the DV and dialog file for Imoen there. Rjali must be installed after a whole bunch of other NPC mods.
agb1
BWS has a Select.txt file that controls the installation order component-by-component. For example, here is an excerpt:

MUC;bg1npc;Init;05;1111;
MUC;bg1npc;31;05;1111;
MUC;bg1npc;32;05;0000;
STD;bg1npc;200;05;1111;
MUC;BG1NPCMusic;Init;05;1111;
MUC;BG1NPCMusic;0;05;1111;
MUC;BG1NPCMusic;1;05;0000;
MUC;BG1NPCMusic;2;05;0000;
MUC;BG1NPCMusic;3;05;0000;
MUC;BG1NPCMusic;4;05;0000;
MUC;BG1NPCMusic;5;05;0000;
ANN;Imoen Friendship and Romance before new NPCs
STD;imoenfriendship;0;14;1111;
STD;ImoenRomance;0;14;0111;
MUC;ImoenRomance;Init;14;0111;
MUC;ImoenRomance;1;14;0111;
MUC;ImoenRomance;2;14;0000;
STD;IndiNPC;0;04;0111;
STD;Mur'Neth;0;04;0111;
STD;MulgoreXaviaNPC;0;04;0111;
STD;XanBG1Friend;0;05;1111;
STD;coranbgfriend;0;05;1111;
STD;AjantisBG1;0;05;1111;

I am in the process of doing a new BGT install with as many mods as possible (for debugging). Once I finish the installation, I can check which other mods modify the same files that Eternal Imoen does.

For now I am placing Eternal Imoen after all other NPC mods and NPC-related mods, but before the tweak mods.
nullset
Unfortunately, so far Eternal Imoen adjusts only Imoen Romance in Chateau Irenicus. Other mods are out in the cold. Lemme know if you find any others that need adjusting. Thanx.
agb1
I've added this mod to BWS but marked it expert until we test its compatibility.
nullset
Sounds like a plan.
agb1
I am not sure what exactly to check for compatibility, so I have collected change logs and modified files from a test installation including Eternal Imoen.

1 - WeiDU change logs for files that Eternal Imoen modifies, with the "final" versions of each of the files that was modified by other mods also (the files were taken from the override folder, so they match the last entry on the respective change log)

2 - Other BCS files (not modified by Eternal Imoen) that contain the string Imoen in double quotes -- "Imoen"

Download here: http://www.filedropper.com/eternalimoencompatibility
nullset
I'll look into these. So far, some of the other mods have bugs where "Imoen" s/b "Imoen2"; some of the mods look like bg1 which has nothing to do with EI; some of the listed area stuff is OK because both Imoen and Imoen2 are tested; some of the stuff is for bgt with which EI is NOT compatible; other mods (and especially the tweak packs and such) will require a little more looking into. When I have a (reasonably) accurate list, I'll get back to you.
Blash
Hello!
Are there any news about this mod? I would very much like to integrate it in my BWS intallation when EET is ready smile.gif
ALIEN
@Blash You don't need Eternal Imoen mod for EET because EET is working exactly like this beer.gif
nullset
@ALIEN Good to know. I stay away from BGT and EET because I have neither the time nor the mental capacity to figure what they are on about. I leave that to the young punks who still have their arrogance; mine has subsided to subsistance levels which is adequate for my current capabilities.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.