Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Halrua troubles
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
discordia
Hi, I've run into some troubles in Halrua which I mostly circumvented by using CreateCreature, including Garron who I couldn't find (didn't have internet back when I tried) and Sebastian, Brial and Vrielle not appearing so I summoned them in the sewers, then followed on regularly to get the leveler. However this makeshift fix didn't work out very well since now VonRay won't attack me (or doesn't even appear) so hopefully there is some sort of GlobalVariables I could alter which would trigger either VonRay attacking me when I return from the sewers, or the Wizard Guard attacking me so I can leave through the portal he supposedly leaves upon death or just MoveToArea to Ulcaster so Rilorn sends me back and the deed is done.

Fixing my actual problems (for a new playthrough or something) isn't really the issue, I would just like to continue on my journey and if there's no suitable workaround I'd be willing enough to just MoveToAmn and be done with it.

That aside, damn this has been a really great mod and I'd like to commend the programmers and voice actors for the work they put in and the scope of the scripting they packed in, even though Hrothgar in his secretiveness is kind of a dick and so is Tilorn.
Anyway, any sort of help would be highly welcome, and I'm running 6.8 btw.
Vlad
Thanks for your kind words. Since the new version including a huge amount of new material is on the way, I won't comment on any issues with previous versions. However, as it has been mentioned many times on these and other boards, cheating in my mods is an extremely bad practice completely ruining the scripts and games in general. It's obvious from your post that you have used cheats such as CreateCreature. Even if you are stuck at some point and cannot find solution to some quests and even don't know what to do next, you shouldn't bypass the scripts which run and determine the variables. It's better to make a save and turn to walkthrough or ask questions here about the walkthrough, but not about changing variables. When I release the next version, such questions will be completely ignored. If you're cheating, then you surely know what you do, and then you can debug the problems yourself. For one thing I can ensure you and everyone playing my mods - they are almost free of bugs if installed correctly. I know there is a lot of rumours in the related sites about how buggy are my mods. But these are rumours spread mainly by those who have never played my mods or failed to install them in a proper way as instructed. Otherwise, and particularly Halruaa is essentially free of bugs. It was tested many many times, and those who install it correctly and play without cheating complete the story without problems.

Anyway, hope you'll enjoy the upcoming NeJ3, which I recommend playing on the BGT platform starting from the very beginning.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.