Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Xan test impossible to complete
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
Enforcer
Hi All!

I dont know how you guys manage to complete Xan quest, but I couldn't. It seems to me that there's a bug in a script that prevents xan to discover mission success

I'm attaching xan.dlg - the only dlg that has something to do with xan tutoring
There are 2 transitions to the second part of the task:
1. "Well I never expected, fate is indeed on your side, <CHARNAME>. Now take these scrolls of Eye Bite and I will summon four creatures for the would be mage to attempt each effect of the spell on. Are you set? (StrRef:124327)"
trigger:
Global("VP_My_Test","LOCALS",1)
!GlobalTimerExpired("VP_Xan_Waiting","GLOBAL")
!RealGlobalTimerExpired("VP_Xan_Tests","GLOBAL")
Alignment("TuEnch",NEUTRAL)
NumInParty(1)

2. "Well I never expected, fate is indeed on your side, <CHARNAME>. (StrRef:124347)"
trigger:
Global("VP_My_Test","LOCALS",1)
!GlobalTimerExpired("VP_Xan_Waiting","GLOBAL")
!RealGlobalTimerExpired("VP_Xan_Tests","GLOBAL")
Alignment("TuEnch",NEUTRAL)
NumInPartyGT(1)

They both not working
NumInParty(1) vs NumInPartyGT(1) supposedly brings some variation in response in case I managed this myself or I had a team to help me
But Alignment("TuEnch",NEUTRAL) is definitely out of place. Should be Allegiance("TuEnch",CONTROLLED)

Even if you made above changes there is still high chance of failure due to her high save vs spell=6. As far as I know enemy's save throw is not affected by player level. Considering Domination penalty at -4 she must have a save roll 10+, which is 50%.
So you basically have a quest with a chance of failure 50% no matter how well you prepared and how high your character level is. Which is only countered by super mega powerful spell reload.
This is all very discouraging and immersion breaking.

Also charm/dire charm wont work at all because Sharia turns hostile even on her save vs spell failed because of loads of her scripts saying her to turn hostile on attack (charm/dire charm considered an attack)

my weidu.log chunk for NEJ:
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #0 // Never Ending Journey Second Edition v6.91
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #5 // Boo - Familiar of Minsc (This component is not available in BG1!)
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #7 // Additional content for Part II (beta)
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #8 // Frostbite Animation (Turns a big wyvern into the frost wyvern. You may install and uninstall this component at any moment in the game.)
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #9 // Merchant League Bank (BGT required!)
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #10 // More Items from BG1 (a component from BGT tweaks - BGT required!)
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #12 // Areas & Sounds (This component is required to play NeJ2!)
~SETUP-NEJ2V694.TP2~ #0 #0 // Never Ending Journey Second Edition v6.94 (Patch)
Vlad
Well, nobody promised it would be easy and can be completed. There is an element of luck too. But the script is still correct, means he should be NEUTRAL vs the case when you fight your way through.

Good luck!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.