Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Portal Issue in Chateau Irenicus
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
discordia
From Larrel I went to Dorns Deep, there I ran around for as long as I could -my advances were definitely hindered by those immortal snow trolls- and from there I took the land route to Kuldahar to take the portal. There was a mysterious sequence involving 4 elves, at least I think they're elves and I find myself back at Candlekeep, where I went straight downstairs, talked to Gorion and Hrothgar. Then it's back to CI, where I still can't use the portal.
I assume it's some sort of Global Variable not having been set...still, would be glad for any assistance as I'd love to keep adventuring and I fear MoveToArea would break the quest chain.

Oh yeah, I should mention that I'm running a rather big install of BWP, none of the BG2 megamods though. I can of course post the Weidu log. There might have been some complication because the zone I was transported back to, I hadn't explored yet, so when I left that place after the portal wouldn't work and went back there I was greeted by couple of Duergar.

And yes, I posted a similar thread on SHS, in their megamod section, but from the lack of response I can only surmise they never encountered such a problem.

Okay...spoiler tags don't seem to work for me, so I'll link to my Weidu log.
http://www.shsforums.net/topic/56985-no-br...enicus-dungeon/
Senka
Do you have a key?

And Akalia will stay, she will not go with you. As I remember she said about it. And NEJ 6.91 is a standalone version. It not compatible with other mods. There is another version for BWP as I remember.
discordia
QUOTE(Senka @ Dec 21 2013, 02:56 PM) *
Do you have a key?

And Akalia will stay, she will not go with you. As I remember she said about it. And NEJ 6.91 is a standalone version. It not compatible with other mods. There is another version for BWP as I remember.

I have several keys, most of them from IWD...but I did previously clear out CI, except for that part where the portal is.
One of the mods I have does affect keys if they have been used it marks them as used. Any chance that is running interference?

Also, my group only consists of the three Bioware characters + Hrotghar

So in the end, it was the wrong NEJ I installed on my system. Any way to salvage at least the non NEJ part of the game? Maybe a Variable or Cluaing in a key?
Senka
I don't know any mod you installed. Key you need is in the chest in Ellisime'room. This is original game plot not NEJ.

Maybe a Variable or Cluaing in a key?

misc4G I believe
discordia
QUOTE(Senka @ Dec 21 2013, 07:05 PM) *
I don't know any mod you installed. Key you need is in the chest in Ellisime'room. This is original game plot not NEJ.

Maybe a Variable or Cluaing in a key?

misc4G I believe

Ha, that actually did the trick. I plundered everything the first time around, and it wasn't in that room either, but cheating it in enabled me to pass on.

Thanks a lot.
Fury945
Um hi Just reinstalled this mod (worked fine last time I had it installed) and the portal that takes you to (Icewind Dale?) doesn't work, it comes up with some mystical blah blah blah is preventing you from reaching the portal, I have all the keys on the level just in case (along with a few extras) and I am using the one behind jaheira's cell so what's going on?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.