Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can't go upstairs at Arundel's
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
kiwidoc
I've struck a problem, after I finished the Dragon's Eye section of the game. This happens after I speak to Arundel after returning to Kuldahar and killing all the Orogs. After having found out this Arundel is an imposter I try to go upstairs to talk to the real one. This is when the bug kicks in. Either the upstairs area simply won’t load at all, or the load is incredibly delayed and then freezes when the gold is halfway round the circle.

The first time this happened I had loaded Ease of Use, sticking to components that other people have used and mentioned in various posts. I tried uninstalling all the components – no joy. I really like this mod so I did a complete uninstall, and reloaded the game and NEJ mod following the instructions in the sticky post. I then played all the way through to the same point – but the problem still happens!
I found out the area code by default - TT2116 - and I tried using the CLUAConsole to move to the area, but the same thing happened.

I really, really want to finish the game so any help that can be offered would be welcome.

Here’s my Weidu log.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // Component Name
~SETUP-BDTOBV168.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldurdash Fix Pack for ToB, v1.68 WeiDU
~SETUP-BDTOBV168.TP2~ #0 #1 // MULTI-STRONGHOLDS
~SETUP-BDTOBV168.TP2~ #0 #2 // RESTORED TWISTED RUNE QUEST
~SETUP-BDTOBV168.TP2~ #0 #3 // RESTORED HINDO'S DOOM
~SETUP-BDTOBV168.TP2~ #0 #4 // GRAND MASTERY FIX (by James Schumacher)
~SETUP-BDTOBV168.TP2~ #0 #5 // IMPROVED COPPER CORONET
~SETUP-BDTOBV168.TP2~ #0 #6 // RESTORED DAK'KON'S BLADE
~SETUP-BDTOBV168.TP2~ #0 #7 // Improved Nymph (Woodland Being) Script by Goeran Rimen
~SETUP-BDTOBV168.TP2~ #0 #8 // Dual Wielding Fix for Rogues by aVENGER
~SETUP-BDTOBV168.TP2~ #0 #9 // Baldurdash English Text Update Pack for ToB, v1.4 WeiDU
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #0 // Never Ending Journey Second Edition v6.91
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #1 // Continuous and Custom Kit Imoen
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #2 // New Imoen Portrait
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #3 // Priest of Sylvanus (Druid) Kit and Improved Character Jaheira.
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #4 // New Jaheira Portrait
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #5 // Boo - Familiar of Minsc (This component is not available in BG1!)
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #6 // "Firewalker" Shar-Teel (custom kit and continuous character)
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #7 // Additional content for Part II (beta)
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #8 // Frostbite Animation (Turns a big wyvern into the frost wyvern. You may install and uninstall this component at any moment in the game.)
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #12 // Areas & Sounds (This component is required to play NeJ2!)
Senka
I have ended NEJ with this installation without any problem:
// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~SETUP-BDTOBV168.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldurdash Fix Pack for ToB, v1.68 WeiDU
~SETUP-BDTOBV168.TP2~ #0 #2 // RESTORED TWISTED RUNE QUEST
~SETUP-BDTOBV168.TP2~ #0 #3 // RESTORED HINDO'S DOOM
~SETUP-BDTOBV168.TP2~ #0 #4 // GRAND MASTERY FIX (by James Schumacher)
~SETUP-BDTOBV168.TP2~ #0 #5 // IMPROVED COPPER CORONET
~SETUP-BDTOBV168.TP2~ #0 #6 // RESTORED DAK'KON'S BLADE
~SETUP-BDTOBV168.TP2~ #0 #8 // Dual Wielding Fix for Rogues by aVENGER
~SETUP-BDTOBV168.TP2~ #0 #9 // Textupdatepack -> Baldurdash English Text Update Pack for ToB, v1.4 WeiDU
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #0 // Never Ending Journey Second Edition v6.91
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #1 // Continuous and Custom Kit Imoen
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #2 // New Imoen Portrait
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #7 // Additional content for Part II (beta)
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #12 // Areas & Sounds (This component is required to play NeJ2!)
~SETUP-NEJ2V694.TP2~ #0 #0 // Never Ending Journey Second Edition v6.94 (Patch)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2151 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> No Restrictions: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2200 // Multi-Class Grandmastery (Weimer): v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3020 // Identify All Items: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer): v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Unlimited Ammo Stacking: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Unlimited Potion Stacking: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking: v8

~SETUP-BDTOBV168.TP2~ #0 #1 // MULTI-STRONGHOLDS
This option does not work correctly but I'm sure this is not cause your problem.
The problem, in my opinion, is that:
The first time this happened I had loaded Ease of Use, sticking to components that other people have used and mentioned in various posts. I tried uninstalling all the components – no joy. I really like this mod so I did a complete uninstall, and reloaded the game and NEJ mod following the instructions in the sticky post. I then played all the way through to the same point – but the problem still happens!

Did you start new game or you load your save? If you use save than the problem will remain I believe... because the information about EoU remains in your data.

kiwidoc
QUOTE(Senka @ Jan 12 2011, 04:28 PM) *
Did you start new game or you load your save? If you use save than the problem will remain I believe... because the information about EoU remains in your data.

I started a completely new game, but with the same PC character.

Senka
Did you import him from previous game?
Maybe you need to check you hard for damage?
Senka
Did you see this? http://forums.blackwyrmlair.net/index.php?showtopic=4612 The same problem...
kiwidoc
I saw the post with the same problem first time I struck it. That's why I decided I better go back and do an install exactly as Vlad recommends wink.gif

My character came from a final save BGTutu game. I imported this as a "from game" option. To make absolutely sure he was ok I exported him into a character file from the very beginning of BG2, and then started a completely new game, importing that character file.
Senka
Oh, you don't have a patch 6.94!
kiwidoc
Oh damn! Now I see what I did. I've got Version 6.01 and Version 6,94 and being an idiot I've installed the wrong version. I'll try to find a copy of the 6.94 patch, and install it.

I've done so and IT WORKED thumb.gif biggrin.gif thumb.gif

Many, many thanks Senka, and I'm sorry I was so dumb blush.gif
Senka
QUOTE(kiwidoc @ Jan 13 2011, 03:16 PM) *
I've got Version 6.01

6.9.1, I believe... rolleyes.gif
kiwidoc
QUOTE(Senka @ Jan 13 2011, 03:47 PM) *
QUOTE(kiwidoc @ Jan 13 2011, 03:16 PM) *
I've got Version 6.01

6.9.1, I believe... rolleyes.gif

The dreaded typo strikes again blush.gif

Many, many thanks Senka for the encouragement and the help thumb.gif
Vlad
In v6.94 you'll be able to visit the Wyrm's Tooth after Dargon's Hand.

Please proceed with clean installation as instructed herein.

Good luck!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.