Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Herb Mod typos
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Small mods, tweaks and fixes
Arkenor
Emanuel is a strange chap. First person I met in Waukeen's Promenade, and he exploded sad.gif There's quite a bit of odd grammar in his dialogue, but the bit that could do with being fixed most is:

Do you want to comit a suicide?
(StrRef:114439)

Should probably be something like "Do you wish to commit suidice?"
Baronius
Thanks for the feedback, if you see other mistakes, please don't hesitate to tell it. wink.gif They all will be fixed, including your current correction, in the next release of the mod.

I don't understand the end of your correction though, you say "suidice" there. I thought it was "suicide"... am I wrong?

Emanuel is a strange chap. First person I met in Waukeen's Promenade, and he exploded
Wasn't the reason of his death unambigious, by the way?
Sir-Kill
haha bar. another typo smile.gif it is..........."Do you wish to commit suicide"
Arkenor
It's the law. When on the internet, any time you correct someone elses spelling or grammar you have to make a mistake of your own.

I'll go hang my head in shame somewhere now.

And yes, "Do you wish to commit suicide?".

His death was somewhat ambiguous, as I'm not entirely sure what he did to himself. Did he have a barrel of smokepowder tied to himself? As normal dying isn't enough to stop yourself coming back as a vampire. And then the vampire essence apeared, and it was daytime, and I was still pretty confused.

As someone has said elsewhere, it would be great if you got the herbs one at a time from different places. Couldn't you just Weidu them in to currently existing NPC's inventories, if you don't want to make new encounters?
jastey
Hi Arkenor,
blink.gif You mean I would have to kill all NPCs to see whether they have some herbs?...
Well, at least it would be different than to add them to stores. I already had a discussion with Baronius about that. grinteeth.gif

I'll go hang my head in shame somewhere now.
Well, I'll come with you. I didn't spot your spelling mistake when I first read your post. tongue.gif
Baronius
Arkenor, yes it's Vampire Essence in daylight, in fact Weak Vampire Essence but these creatures can resist daylight for some hours, as their body isn't entirely material. wink.gif

Yes originally I wanted to distribute the herbs in the game, but for various reasons I finished the mod in this way.
By the way, the Herbs mod will probably be changed by jastey and integrated to BG1 Quest Pack. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.