Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: where is the end of part1?
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
AasimAr
I have explored the Wyrm's Tooth except the Joril's Cave.But when I become to kill the Joril ,the game will crash. Should I not do this misson and go back to Kuldahar ?Is there the end of part1?Thanks for help.
Senka
Please post your WeiDU-log. I have played NeJ recently, and all were be ok. I still have installation on my comp.
AasimAr
Thank you a lot. This is it:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~SETUP-BDTOBV168.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldurdash Fix Pack for ToB, v1.68 WeiDU
~SETUP-BDTOBV168.TP2~ #0 #1 // MULTI-STRONGHOLDS
~SETUP-BDTOBV168.TP2~ #0 #2 // RESTORED TWISTED RUNE QUEST
~SETUP-BDTOBV168.TP2~ #0 #3 // RESTORED HINDO'S DOOM
~SETUP-BDTOBV168.TP2~ #0 #4 // GRAND MASTERY FIX (by James Schumacher)
~SETUP-BDTOBV168.TP2~ #0 #5 // IMPROVED COPPER CORONET
~SETUP-BDTOBV168.TP2~ #0 #6 // RESTORED DAK'KON'S BLADE
~SETUP-BDTOBV168.TP2~ #0 #7 // Improved Nymph (Woodland Being) Script by Goeran Rimen
~SETUP-BDTOBV168.TP2~ #0 #8 // Dual Wielding Fix for Rogues by aVENGER
~SETUP-BDTOBV168.TP2~ #0 #9 // Textupdatepack -> Baldurdash English Text Update Pack for ToB, v1.4 WeiDU
~SETUP-IMPROVEDANVIL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Improved Anvil for SOA & TOB
~SETUP-TS.TP2~ #0 #0 // TORTURED SOULS v7.04
~SETUP-TS.TP2~ #0 #3 // AREAS & SOUNDS. This component is required to play the mod.
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #0 // Never Ending Journey Second Edition v6.91
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #3 // Priest of Sylvanus (Druid) Kit and Improved Character Jaheira.
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #5 // Boo - Familiar of Minsc (This component is not available in BG1!)
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #6 // "Firewalker" Shar-Teel (custom kit and continuous character)
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #7 // Additional content for Part II (beta)
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #8 // Frostbite Animation (Turns a big wyvern into the frost wyvern. You may install and uninstall this component at any moment in the game.)
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #12 // Areas & Sounds (This component is required to play NeJ2!)
~SETUP-NEJ2V694.TP2~ #0 #0 // Never Ending Journey Second Edition v6.94 (Patch)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Change Experience Point Cap -> Remove Experience Cap: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2151 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> No Restrictions: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2240 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3031 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells and No Maximum Cap: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Unlimited Ammo Stacking: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Unlimited Potion Stacking: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3120 // Happy Patch (Party NPCs do not fight or complain about reputation) -> NPCs are never angry about reputation: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3170 // No Drow Avatars On Party In Underdark: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3183 // Romance Cheats: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // ToB-Style NPCs: v8
~CONTAIN/SETUP-CONTAIN.TP2~ #0 #10 // Unique Containers -> Unique icons and names: v3
~GENERALIZED_BIFFING/GENERALIZED_BIFFING.TP2~ #0 #0 // generalized biffing: v1
AasimAr
It is OK now.I have cleared the Joril's Cave but still can't go to the Lower Dorn's Deep.Should I go back to Kuldahar and then finish part 1?
Senka
Cave but still can't go to the Lower Dorn's Deep
It's still imposible
Should I go back to Kuldahar and then finish part 1?

Yes

To the future: don't install options Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table: v8 and Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: v8. Can be problems.

~CONTAIN/SETUP-CONTAIN.TP2~ #0 #10 // Unique Containers -> Unique icons and names: v3

What's this? I just don't know
Ardanis
To the future: don't install options Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table: v8 and Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: v8. Can be problems.
WTF? Non-pausing dialogs are more evil than Microsoft and Electronic Arts together.

http://www.shsforums.net/topic/40775-unique-containers-v3/

http://www.shsforums.net/index.php?showtopic=39238
It's exactly what I was telling you about yesterday, it packs override's contains into BIF archives. I recall, however, Vlad vigorously objecting against biffing.
AasimAr
Thank you.But I think that "generalized biffing: v1" must be installed here otherwise the game will too slowly to play.
Senka
Non-pausing dialogs are more evil than Microsoft and Electronic Arts together.
Never notice any problem

game will too slowly to play.

Never notice that

Really, you try to find black cat in a dark room wink.gif
Ardanis
Never notice any problem
Lucky you were then tongue.gif
Aside from buffs wearing off, there was a fine example in vanilla game, when lady De'Arnise would deliberately walk up PC and interrupt the dialog already started by her guard.
Sikret
QUOTE(Ardanis @ Jan 11 2010, 04:13 PM) *
lady De'Arnise would deliberately walk up PC and interrupt the dialog already started by her guard.

This is fixed by Baldurdash fixpack (both WeiDu and non-WeiDu versions). Since NEJ2 requires BD-WeiDu, Nej2-players won't normally encounter the problem.
The Bigg
The non-weidu baldurdash doesn't fix that. I'm surprised you haven't pointed out that Improved Anvil is installed along with non-compatible mods, BTW smile.gif
Sikret
QUOTE(The Bigg @ Jan 11 2010, 05:35 PM) *
The non-weidu baldurdash doesn't fix that.

It does.

Quote from its documentation:

Lady Delicia Caan Dialog Interruption Fix

File DELCIA.CRE; an edited version of the creature definition file for the character Lady Delcia Caan, aunt of the NPC Nalia D'Arnise. It resolves a problem whereby she would interrupt the dialog of the D'Arnise guard in the same room as her, which would cause the game to call the dialog with him unfinished; this would often cause the game to refuse to save or allow resting afterwards as it would think that dialog was still underway. She now waits at the back of the room.

I'm surprised you haven't pointed out that Improved Anvil is installed along with non-compatible mods, BTW smile.gif

Oops! Hadn't noticed Improved Anvil in the list of his mods. It's certainly an invalid installation.
Jarno Mikkola
QUOTE(Senka @ Jan 11 2010, 11:40 AM) *
game will too slowly to play.
Never notice that
Ouh, you didn't notice that it takes more than a few seconds in windows to start the game after you have modified it? Ever? Not even after you have installed an NPC mod that has lot of voice acting...unless you use Generalized Biffing or any biffing by WeiDU.exe!
Senka
you use Generalized Biffing or any biffing by WeiDU.exe!
No. This is my weidu-log
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~SETUP-BDTOBV168.TP2~ #0 #9 // Textupdatepack -> Baldurdash English Text Update Pack for ToB, v1.4 WeiDU
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #1 // Continuous and Custom Kit Imoen
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #2 // New Imoen Portrait
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #12 // Areas & Sounds (This component is required to play NeJ2!)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2151 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> No Restrictions: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2200 // Multi-Class Grandmastery (Weimer): v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3020 // Identify All Items: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer): v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking: v8

you didn't notice that it takes more than a few seconds in windows to start the game after you have modified it?

I don't see it a problem
Hoppy
QUOTE(Senka @ Jan 11 2010, 01:15 PM) *
you use Generalized Biffing or any biffing by WeiDU.exe!
No. This is my weidu-log
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #1 // Continuous and Custom Kit Imoen
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #2 // New Imoen Portrait
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2200 // Multi-Class Grandmastery (Weimer): v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3020 // Identify All Items: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer): v8

you didn't notice that it takes more than a few seconds in windows to start the game after you have modified it?
I don't see it a problem

What happened to TS7.04? laugh.gif tongue.gif . Anyway you wouldn't notice lag in this setup but AasimAr installed TS 7.04 ( which = a bigger override folder) and then Improved Anvil which adds even more files so there could be a lag due to the size of the override, that is why he biffed it. Nothing wrong with biffing if it modifies the chitin.key to point the location of the resources which all the BIFF programs do, so far.

Other lags , crashes or bugs can be produced by script, areas, creatures or effects especially with mods that are not fully tested e.g IA and Bdash-Weidu or IA and NeJ2 (if AasimAr is using IA 5.0).
Senka
What happened to TS7.04?

Don't like to play TS and NEJ together smile.gif
Ardanis
Insufficient party size?

As for
Never notice
, well, just because you've never seen it doesn't mean it's not there. People wouldn't be complaining were there no problems existing.
Senka
well, just because you've never seen it doesn't mean it's not there. People wouldn't be complaining were there no problems existing.

It strange for me because a played BGT-TS-NEJ-BG2Tweak and hasn't any problem wink.gif What I do wrong?
The Bigg
I think nobody has ever figured out when biffing is needed and when it is not - among other factors, it depends on the size of the override, the nature of the override, the size of your RAM, your operating system, and your file system.
Jarno Mikkola
QUOTE(Senka @ Jan 12 2010, 01:45 PM) *
well, just because you've never seen it doesn't mean it's not there. People wouldn't be complaining were there no problems existing.
It strange for me because a played BGT-TS-NEJ-BG2Tweak and hasn't any problem wink.gif What I do wrong?
Well, if you use that install order and the NEJ1 biffing utility, it biffs the files before it for you. tongue.gif Of course it will also make you unable to stack-uninstall the BGT ot the TS files with WeiDU, unlike with Generalized biffing, but that's what you get.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.