Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hopelessly lost and infinitely embarressed
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
worksfortheman
I downloaded and got nej going. I've got my party through the severed hand and cleared out the entire place. I handed over all of the pieces of machine I found, but I think that I'm one short. I read the walkthrough, and have literally spent over 4 hours walking and rewalking through every room in the tower, holding the tab button and searching every single container, and I can't find the missing machine part(s). I've cleared all the tasks- from rebuilding the garden to freeing the souls of the soldiers. I've also tried retracing the steps of the walkthrough. At this point I'm desperate to move on. Is there any chance anyone knows the item codes for the machine parts? or the area codes/locations of them?
(setting aside those possibilities, given the chance that I had picked up all of the machine parts and then foolishly dropped one to make room for a two handed sword +1 and its somewhere I stand no chance of finding it, will I screw up my game if I movetoarea back to kuldahar and go through Arundel's portal without officially finishing the hand?)
Thanks for any help, and yes I feel like quite a fool...
Golden Thief
Did you get all 4 pieces? Here are the locations of the four pieces. If when you say tower and you mean the upper area then you are missing the first piece.

Spoiler
SPOILER!
The first piece is on the right side of the bottom level of the Severed Hand. You need to use the lift on the third floor to get to it.
A second piece is on the 3rd floor of Solonor Tower.
The next piece is on the 2nd floor of Corellon Tower.
Defeat all the elf warrior shades in Sheverash tower at Kaylessa's behest. Return to her and defeat her as she requests to get the final piece of machinery.

Is you conversation telling you that you still need another piece?
worksfortheman
I handed over each of the pieces as I got them- if I remember correctly I only got three. The one you referred to was the first one I got- I'll do another sweep, but after killing everything in the tower and the lower levels, I've been to every room 3+ times going through every container. I'm not exaggerating at all when I say that I've spent 4 hours going through each room searching for the last piece (at first it was therapeutic because the total lack of threat was a nice contrast to work stress, but at this point I'm at my wit's end and wondering if it'd screw up my game to say forget it and warp back to arundel's portal and move on)... (on a related note, the toughest part is that after playing dragon age origins the past couple weeks, I find myself highly nostalgic for the deeper spell-casting of BG2).
worksfortheman
I found it!!! Oh I'm such an idiot! I didn't see the staircase going down by the elevator! Thank you for your help!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.