Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tower Of Deception v3.3
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Tower of Deception
Valiant
As a request from many TOD players, I made a new version of TOD. It is a version independent from IA, mainly for those who plays or want to play TOD without IA installed but want a challenge with Ustrain. It is more like an addition to the original, previous TOD version, not a replacement. Players now may choose which version to download as the original version is still available.

Changes to the previous version:

- Encouter with Ustrain has been reworked.

Download link for v3.3 from Dragonshoard Download Centre (DHDC):

http://dragonshoard.blackwyrmlair.net/bwl_...load.php?mod=44

More info via PM if someone interested.
norwegianpidgeon
Hi.

I just finished playing your mod for the first time and I really enjoyed it. I really liked everything about it and thought the pseudo puzzle at the end was fun and refreshing. Just having an entirely new quest that was so fun and enganging really made the game more enjoyable for me. Thank you soo much for creating this. I really appreciate it!

smile.gif
Valiant
Thanks, norwegianpidgeon, for all who participed on it from the very beginning.... rolleyes.gif

...that´s why it was created - to make the game more enjoyable for players...
thick3
What is the recommended levels to visit the Tower, a 6 party with ToD+Improved Anvil.
matti
Imo, levels between 10-12, even 13 (but watch out for Spellhold cap) are ok if you want some challenge.
Sikret
Use ToD v3.2 (not v3.3) if you want to play it with Improved Anvil.
Valiant
to thick3: yes, Sikret is right, if you want some really big challenge, use v3.2. It is a version that works and is compatible with Improved Anvil (IA), and is designed mostly for hardcore players that played original BG2 many times, know every aspect of the vanilla game and are looking for some new tactics and powerful foes. Version 3.3 is good enough for most of players, difficulty is comparable with original game, and is fully independent from IA...

It´s your choice. If you aren´t skilled enough, v3.3 is better choice. Otherwise v3.2 can ruin your player´s ego biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif. Tons of reloads can be very frustrating... blink.gif
lroumen
But v3.3 is still compatible with IA right?
Sikret
QUOTE(lroumen @ Mar 18 2010, 12:02 PM) *
But v3.3 is still compatible with IA right?

It may (or may not) be compatible; I don't know because I'm not aware of the way v3.3 is made or coded. I support installations of ToD+IA upto ToD v3.2.
Valiant
It SHOULD BE compatible. Means it will probably for 95% work with no problems, because it uses its own files with own prefix (scripts, .cre files, etc...). However, some incompatibilites may arise. Because I haven´t tested it with IA installed, I can´t guarantee it for 100%...smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.