Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Two Imoens in Irenicus Dungeon
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
trebonus
Hey,
I'm a veteran of the mega-mods/big world project, but am trying out NeJ for the first time. I would first like to say thanks for all of the effort in putting together such an incredible/easily installed mod. That said, I've followed the instructions, but in Irenicus' dungeon, I get the regular Imoen interaction with her level 10 custom class, only to find a second imoen in the room with the arms/golem. This second imoen is a mage (13)/thief (7) dual class. I found other people mention this problem in the forums, but they all tried to include other mods- I've stuck strictly to the instructions. I installed a fresh SoA, ToB, tob patch 26498, BDash 166, TS 702, NEJ2 691 and then patch 694 all exactly in that order. I installed every option except for the TS stuff that isn't compatible with NEJ. Am I doing something wrong? It's the same directory I've used for a mega install in the past, but I uninstalled everything and then deleted everything in the Black Isle directory, so I don't think that's a factor. If there's any other information I can provide to help shed light on the issue, I'm happy to do so.

Thanks for all your help and your dedication in enriching such an incredible game for posterity
Vlad
It's the same directory I've used for a mega install in the past, but I uninstalled everything and then deleted everything in the Black Isle directory, so I don't think that's a factor.

I think this is your problem. You should really read the installation instructions. The installation should be FRESH, means the previous install (even after uninstallation) can ruin it. What you should do is UNINSTALL the whole game including ToB and SoA. Then WIPE OFF the installation directory or just delete it for good. Then to reinstall everything form the beginning and start a new game. Good luck!

P.S. Send me IM, and I'll provide you with the new versions of BDash and TS.
trebonus
First off, thanks for the help.
After trying to implement it though, I'm making not making any progress. I uninstalled and deleted every folder and then reinstalled only to find the second Imoen making yet another appearance. I re-uninstallled, and deleted all of the folders, and then installed to a different directory (outside program files) only to find that my Imoen stalker will have none of my attempts to get rid of her. The only two things I can conceive that might be a cause of the problem are 1) I still have baldur's gate installed in the program files/black isle/baldur's gate folder. I rolled it back to the pre-mega mod installation a while ago, and it runs fine on its own- do you think it might be affecting a bg2 install in a whole different directory? my 2) guess is that maybe when I last did a mega-install a little while ago I downloaded a version of Weidu that's incompatible? (tho that strikes me as exceedingly tenuous).

On a separate note, how can I send an im? I'd love to get the newest BD + TS.
A couple other quick questions about NeJ- I've read in the forum about possible IA compatibility- is there any part of IA that works with the newest NeJ? Also, does anyone know if just the kits from TDD could be installed with an NeJ installation? Or the kits from any other source?

Thanks for all of your help!

T
Vlad
Please attach your WeiDU.log.

On a separate note, how can I send an im? I'd love to get the newest BD + TS.
Ask Baronius to enable this feature for you.

A couple other quick questions about NeJ- I've read in the forum about possible IA compatibility- is there any part of IA that works with the newest NeJ? Also, does anyone know if just the kits from TDD could be installed with an NeJ installation? Or the kits from any other source?

You shouldn't risk your installation by installing other mods over TS + NeJ2. Frankly speaking, you won't need them.

Baronius
The account of trebonus has been reviewed, and he has been added to the Forum Members group (so now he can use the Private Messenger).
trebonus
Here's the Weidu (it said I didn't have permission to upload the file):

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // Component Name
~SETUP-BDTOBV166.TP2~ #0 #0 // MULTI-STRONGHOLD. All the warrior classes (fighters, rangers and paladins) and monks may get the De’Arnise Keep as their stronghold in addition to another stronghold which is accessible according to their class. Also all dual- and multi-classes have no restrictions to the number of strongholds they may obtain.
~SETUP-BDTOBV166.TP2~ #0 #1 // GRAND MASTERY FIX. This fix originally created by James Schumacher you may get from various sources including Baldurdash tweaks and cheats. It fixes the weapon proficiency table for fighters according to the original D&D rules implemented in BG1 and IWD. If you have not installed it yet I would strongly recommend to do so.
~SETUP-BDTOBV166.TP2~ #0 #2 // BONUS MERCHANTS. These are the two bonus merchants from the original BioWare Collector’s Edition CD.
~SETUP-BDTOBV166.TP2~ #0 #3 // IMPROVED COPPER CORONET
~SETUP-BDTOBV166.TP2~ #0 #4 // RESTORED DAK'KON'S BLADE
~SETUP-BDTOBV166.TP2~ #0 #5 // Improved Nymph (Woodland Being) Script by Goeran Rimen
~SETUP-BDTOBV166.TP2~ #0 #6 // Dual Wielding Fix for Rogues by aVENGER
~SETUP-BDTOBV166.TP2~ #0 #7 // Baldurdash Fix Pack for ToB, v1.66 WeiDU
~SETUP-BDTOBV166.TP2~ #0 #8 // Baldurdash English Text Update Pack for ToB, v1.4 WeiDU
~SETUP-TS.TP2~ #0 #0 // TORTURED SOULS v7.02
~SETUP-TS.TP2~ #0 #3 // AREAS & SOUNDS. This component is required to play the mod.
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #0 // Never Ending Journey Second Edition v6.91
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #1 // Continuous and Custom Kit Imoen
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #2 // New Imoen Portrait
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #3 // Priest of Sylvanus (Druid) Kit and Improved Character Jaheira.
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #4 // New Jaheira Portrait
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #5 // Boo - Familiar of Minsc (This component is not available in BG1!)
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #6 // "Firewalker" Shar-Teel (custom kit and continuous character)
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #7 // Additional content for Part II (beta)
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #8 // Frostbite Animation (Turns a big wyvern into the frost wyvern. You may install and uninstall this component at any moment in the game.)
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #12 // Areas & Sounds (This component is required to play NeJ2!)
~SETUP-NEJ2V694.TP2~ #0 #0 // Never Ending Journey Second Edition v6.94 (Patch)

Did I screw something up?

Also,
You shouldn't risk your installation by installing other mods over TS + NeJ2. Frankly speaking, you won't need them.

Yeah, in Irenicus' dungeon the absence of things I was used to from the other mods had me fiending for more mods, but after I hopped through the portal to Easthaven, I've been thoroughly drawn into it all. Alas, if only I didn't have work tomorrow...

** Just saw the message- I'll give it a try- Thanks!
ClefairyTorii
I also experienced this bug. From my experiences though, it doesn't actually affect anything, just looks weird when it happens. I'm not sure if my bug was due to my CDs, but I actually solved a good amount of my bugs (this being one of them) by getting new CDs (BG1+ToTSC+BG2+TOB). It wasn't easy finding new CDs mind you, but my old CDs were pretty beat up.

Im not a modder, and I'm also awful at understanding what most of the modders/knowledgeable people are saying when it comes to fixes. However, I'm a pretty big fan of NEJ/TS and new CDs worked for me! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.