Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yoshimo.bcs
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Vlad's Compilation > Baldurdash-WeiDU
Ardanis
Good to see you active once again smile.gif

Well, what can I say. I wasn't really sure what exactly was wrong back then (supposedly TS was mentioned just because the thread was dedicated to it), so it's my speculations mostly now.
I've checked G3Fixpack's documentation and found the following in there
Scripted Banters Could Prompt Wrong Banter
Five banter triggers were trying to check if they were outside (verified from dialogue trigger). Since the script and dialogue triggers were different, this could lead to either the wrong banter or none at all (best case) or a stutter (worst case).

Files altered: aerie.bcs, anomen.bcs, minsc.bcs, nalia.bcs, yoshimo.bcs
and in tp2 -
// alter missing areatype check to match banter trigger
COPY_EXISTING ~aerie.bcs~ ~override~
~anomen.bcs~ ~override~
~minsc.bcs~ ~override~
~nalia.bcs~ ~override~
~yoshimo.bcs~ ~override~
DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF
REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~AreaType(0)~ ~AreaType(OUTDOOR)~ // for Minsc Umar Hills reminder, Nalia-Edwina banter
COMPILE_BAF_TO_BCS
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES
Which does look to be the case, as the posted script had 'AreaType(0)' in it.
Vlad
Yes, this is a known problem of AreaType(0). If I am not mistaken, Baldurdash fixes said problem, as well. I am more interested in Renal-Yoshimo interaction. I have never encountered any problem with this. Always, when you enter Docks for the first time, Yoshimo says that he needs to visit Renal. Then, if you don't visit him for quite some time, Yoshimo reminds you about this matter. The block that you posted at Aerie forums has no connection to any other event in the game, so it cannot affect Yoshimo's course of action, or make him stuttering. I can remove this block from Yoshimo's script without any prejudice. But first, I'd like to know a reason for this.
Ardanis
It's no good asking me for a reason, as I don't know it myself smile.gif The problem was initially brought up in 'questions and anwsers' thread, where they've attached their yoshimo.bcs (from which I've posted that block) for inspection.
Yes, this is a known problem of AreaType(0). If I am not mistaken, Baldurdash fixes said problem, as well.
I can't seem to find it anywhere in v.166's tp2. Are you sure?

I have never encountered any problem with this.
Neither have I. OTOH I can't recall ever waiting for as long as two days before going to pay a visit to Renal.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.