Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Editing an existing kit
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Modder's Workshop
Whynn
I want to know if it's possible to edit an existing kit, (namely, Fighter/Mage/Cleric). I want a Thief/Mage/Cleric, not a Fighter. So, I was just wondering what file stored all the kits' information, and is it possible to edit them? Thanks.
Hoppy
There are many files. First you have to look at DUALCLAS.2da where you will have the Fighter/Mage/Cleric combination which it may be possible to change.

Also in ABCLASRQ.2DA, ABCLASMOD.2DA, ALIGNMENT.2da are the same references.

Then there is CLASS.IDS also. All of these files may be edited at your own risk so make backups for sure. It may be as simple as editing by changin the existing triple class to what you want or appending to the files. I definitely do not know if what you are trying to do will work after all of that editing. Some restrictions are hardcoded in the engine.
Jarno Mikkola
QUOTE(Whynn @ Apr 22 2009, 01:11 AM) *
I want to know if it's possible to edit an existing kit, (namely, Fighter/Mage/Cleric). I want a Thief/Mage/Cleric, not a Fighter. So, I was just wondering what file stored all the kits' information, and is it possible to edit them? Thanks.
I don't think that's possible, cause the Fighter/Mage/Cleric is the characters class, not it's kit...

It would be far easier to make a fighter Kit that's a sorcerer(that uses the innate spells to cast), and then make the character a tri-class with the Kitted-Fighter/Thief/Cleric with ShadowKeeper for example, and this way you won't run out of the interface icons. But that's a huge work...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.