Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: dudes with red rings inside a building outside the thieves guild?
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Vlad's Compilation > Tortured Souls
Bereth Darkides
I open this door an inside are 4-5 characters all ready to kill me, it's just north of the Thieves guild. Is this part of TS or Baldurdash?
Hoppy
QUOTE(Bereth Darkides @ Apr 21 2009, 05:27 PM) *
I open this door an inside are 4-5 characters all ready to kill me, it's just north of the Thieves guild. Is this part of TS or Baldurdash?

You mean Renal's guild or Aran Linvail's area? Can you press "x" on your keyboard with cheats enabled to give the area number? If they are the Renal thieves guild dudes that are hostile than I may know what happened.

Most shadow thieves have this block to change red

CODE
IF
    Global("AttackedThieves","GLOBAL",1)
    Allegiance(Myself,NEUTRAL)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        Enemy()
END

Try setting in the console CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("AttackedThieves","GLOBAL",0) and reenter the area to see if they stay green. Obviously you didn't work for Bodhi but Sime has the script to turn hostile as well but that may only be for out of party conditions. Unfortunately, you may have to cheat or kickstart her romance to continue finish it if the above global turned true (1). sad.gif
Bereth Darkides
no by the main theives guild. The door just north. like a shack!

Nothing like that. The Sime romance is going well. The door is outside just before you go into the theives guild to the north of the thieves guild door. There are 4-5 dudes in there all with red circles ready to kill anyone. (Not vamps). no script come up they just attack and I have no idea if they are just considered a random encounter or quest related!

Hoppy
Ohhh, AR0318. I forget about that spot very often. TS and Bdash don't add anything to that area either overwriting the area or via script. I get 0 creatures in my installs. Actually I only remember the old mod Deeper Shadows of Amn by Kensai Ryu adding the "Lich in the Docks" encounter which is no big deal if you installed it. That is one of the most compatible friendly mods I can think of.

What kinds of creatures are these dudes in AR0318 in your game?
Bereth Darkides
Just people Hoppy, also I onlt have SoA, ToB, Baldurdash and TS installed, thats it!
Hoppy
If they are just commoners then they probably turned red from their SHOUT script which I have seen happen once in a while with Baldurdash. They could have fled into that warehouse during one of your battles which is normal in their scripts but something else in that script made them turn red. It could have been the Priest of Cyric encounter which is early in the game and so long ago playing-wise that you wouldn't notice it. All in all I think it is just a minor thing and also could have happened in a regular game occurrence with no mods but I can't be certain.

Good luck with the rest of your game and into ToB.
beer.gif
Bereth Darkides
Ya I was just worried it was a part of a Quest that i didn't want to break.

I discovered something new as well though. In the bridge district where one of gankaxx's peices are the is yet another door out side that has always said, "this is just a fake door etc.". Instead I had this Rune Stone I can't even remember where I got it, (though I think it's one of the ones I pickpocketed. (Nalia had a hey day stealing well over 70 +2 maces etc. from Maevar's guild).
Anyway, this gem opened up a secret spot and i was teleported in front of another lich and had a big fight that I kicked some arse in, but mostly because my dude is very strong now and in chapter 6. Either way it was quite cool. (totally by accident)..

Also discovered the Limited wish quest as well in the Bridge District because I was going to heal the party but instead picked "an adventure like I've never had before" under one time wishes.

Interesting finds!
Senka
Well, I enter to this house. It was empty but then Thugs appear and they were red. Thugs always hunting your party through Athkatla. May be, in yuor case there were Thugs too?

Anyway, this gem opened up a secret spot and i was teleported in front of another lich and had a big fight that I kicked some arse in, but mostly because my dude is very strong now and in chapter 6. Either way it was quite cool. (totally by accident)..
Twisted Rune. Didn't you know about it? Really, lad, you play BG2 first time I believe...
Also discovered the Limited wish quest as well in the Bridge District because I was going to heal the party but instead picked "an adventure like I've never had before" under one time wishes.

Again, didn't you know about this? Just interesting...
Sikret
LOL!

If you remember, in a few posts, I tried to help him understand that he is too unfamiliar with the original game and he needs to familiarize himself with BG2 before saying big words about the game's balance, real tactics and such things. Now, he has just proven my point.
Ardanis
Again, didn't you know about this? Just interesting...
What's interesting, I only realized it was a quest after checking DSimpson's work, otherwise I'd never know about it.

@Bereth
I remember you speaking of your distrust to walkthroughs, but I'd still consider that as an option. BG2 isn't Fallout2, you can only play a Bioware game 2 different ways, and the whole difference is rude and polite lines in dialog, party members you run around with, and the order of completeing the large quests. Shadow Thieves vs Bodhi is the only notable fork in BG2.
Therefore you hardly lose anything by checking up the walkthrough.
Bereth Darkides
QUOTE(Sikret @ Apr 22 2009, 07:35 PM) *
LOL!

If you remember, in a few posts, I tried to help him understand that he is too unfamiliar with the original game and he needs to familiarize himself with BG2 before saying big words about the game's balance, real tactics and such things. Now, he has just proven my point.

Your brainless and ignorant, plain and simple and not worth fighting with! Oh ta hell with that, I warned you but you asked for it!
(laughing, can't get over the fact that you keep missing the point that I don't read walk-throughs and that I don't ever cheat. If I find something in the game for the first time, woe is me, I must be new, right?)

Anyone who knows my name has known just how long I have had this game and have been around on these boards and thus exudes the fact that they don't realize that I'm not a noob and have been around longer than most here, even you Sikret, and NOOOOO, the guys in the room IN THIS POST, were not their in the original game! (RETARD). I've been around since Teambg, I know enough about the original game than you realize!

(Hence why I saw the bugs with the Sahaugin's City and Wave Blade etc., which BTW you were somewhat wrong about where it was in your poor excuse of an attempt in answering a simple question as to where it was. You see Sikret, I let you give me an answer that was wrong, just to prove that you are full of s***. The Blade was on the Prince after I betrayed the king, something you said couldn't happen! Go check yourself and see what you wrote. Oh hell, I'll do it for you!

QUOTE: Sikret; This is not a bug. You find the Wave blade if you don't betray the king and fight with the prince. It's how it works in the vanilla game as well. As I've told you before, you should give a high priority to get familiar with the vanilla game before anything else; otherwise, you will keep sending false bug reports, inappropriate criticisms, invalid comments about the game balance, etc, etc... END QUOTE.

Here let me correct your correction! You were right in only one circumstance. The Wave Blade can be gotten By Either Pickpocketing the Prince, or By killing him in the end, BUT, he certainly doesn't stay red and the rest on the city are supposed to let me leave peacefully, but I guess you forgot about that eh? There is no bug to be found here in the original game. Any Bugs that mess up original components or change them like your game enhanced Basilisks, whom BTW Senka are not the same as they were in BG1 (and yes I have played it about 20 times myself and was the VERY FIRST PERSON to discover where the hidden Ring of Wizardry was on the Teambg Board (found by Accident or rather, I was being very anal about not missing anything). Also, where else do you think I managed to strip the ECM files from the original games BG, IWD, PS, SoA and ToB in order to create my Opera that is here on this board, that took me an entire summer of my free time to remaster?).

You see I got sick of your BS ego and knew exactly where that conversation was heading, so I set you up! But hey anytime you want to look stupid, you just give me a holler and I'll help you again, OK! wub.gif

I was simply looking for answers and asking nicely in that other post, and you started attacking me. Pardon me if I couldn't remember some specifics it's been a year or so since I played the game but CERTAINLY I didn't deserve your uncalled for manner.

Both of you, don't even talk to me anymore. I won't reply, at least the way you want me to anyway!

Sikret
QUOTE(Bereth Darkides @ Apr 23 2009, 03:43 AM) *
(Hence why I saw the bugs with the Sahaugin's City and Wave Blade etc., which BTW you were somewhat wrong about where it was in your poor excuse of an attempt in answering a simple question as to where it was. You see Sikret, I let you give me an answer that was wrong, just to prove that you are full of s***. The Blade was on the Prince after I betrayed the king, something you said couldn't happen!

I never said that it couldn't happen.

Go check yourself and see what you wrote. Oh hell, I'll do it for you!

QUOTE: Sikret; This is not a bug. You find the Wave blade if you don't betray the king and fight with the prince. It's how it works in the vanilla game as well. As I've told you before, you should give a high priority to get familiar with the vanilla game before anything else; otherwise, you will keep sending false bug reports, inappropriate criticisms, invalid comments about the game balance, etc, etc... END QUOTE.

Here let me correct your correction! You were right in only one circumstance. The Wave Blade can be gotten By Either Pickpocketing the Prince, or By killing him in the end,

You need to pass an elementary course in logic to understand the difference between "if" and "if and only if".

Once more you proved that you are unable to read and understand a simple text.

And no, you didn't need to read walkthroughs or cheat to know about Twisted Rune. You are a noob with a big mouth.
Bereth Darkides
Laughs at Sikret,, is that the best you can come up with.. What,, you didn't say that, maybe it was your sister?
Sikret
I wrote what you quoted from me as well as the following:

You find the wave blade with the prince if you don't betray the king and fight with the prince. The blade is not with the prince always and under every condition.

Both are 100% accurate. I didn't say that the only way to get the blade is to fight with him. It's not my fault that you are unable to understand conditional sentences. I did NOT say that you find the wave blade if and only if you don't betray the king and fight with the prince. There are conditions in which he doesn't have the blade.

I found Twisted Rune in the game the very first time I played BG2. There was no need to cheats or walkthroughs. Close your big mouth and try to get familiar with the game first.
Bereth Darkides
QUOTE(Sikret @ Apr 22 2009, 11:38 PM) *
I wrote what you quoted from me as well as the following:

You find the wave blade with the prince if you don't betray the king and fight with the prince. The blade is not with the prince always and under every condition.

Both are 100% accurate. I didn't say that the only way to get the blade is to fight with him. It's not my fault that you are unable to understand conditional sentences. I did NOT say that you find the wave blade if and only if you don't betray the king and fight with the prince. There are conditions in which he doesn't have the blade.

I found Twisted Rune in the game the very first time I played BG2. There was no need to cheats or walkthroughs. Close your big mouth and try to get familiar with the game first.

PICKPOCKETING, works anytime dude.... wake up! Your argument is totally moot. You Implied "IF" and guess what, there is no "if", so again you are half wrong. (to the side; this guy just doesn't get it does he)! There are no conditions, you can pickpocket him the moment you meat and speak to him, and guess what, it will be their!!!!!!!!!

Hint; It was a Rogue Stone, do you often look at every rogue stone description? This was the only way to get a hint, unless you found a letter, which I did not. It's not a big deal and is considered a "hidden quest" according to Bioware!
Ardanis
PICKPOCKETING, works anytime dude.... wake up!
Sikret doesn't like that particular skill, so it's only natural for him not to think of it. Personally, I never consider it as an option too.

Hint; It was a Rogue Stone, do you often look at every rogue stone description? This was the only way to get a hint, unless you found a letter, which I did not. It's not a big deal and is considered a "hidden quest" according to Bioware!
It's hidden indeed. But in vanilla game the door uses any rogue stone, so by the time most of people stumble upon that door they usually have a rogue stone in their possession. How exactly Baldurdash restores this particular I know not, though.

On a side note - SPOILER!
if you intend to bitch/troll/flame/respond to false accusations then at least do it in a more entertaining manner. It's kinda getting boring the way things are atm wink.gif
Sikret
QUOTE(Ardanis @ Apr 24 2009, 12:14 AM) *
PICKPOCKETING, works anytime dude.... wake up!
Sikret doesn't like that particular skill, so it's only natural for him not to think of it. Personally, I never consider it as an option too.

The prince has actually two cre files in one of which he doesn't have the blade with himself at all; and there is a certain condition in which he appears using that alternate file and doesn't have the blade with himself. Hence, what I had written about the prince in this past was 100% accurate.
Senka
What's interesting, I only realized it was a quest after checking DSimpson's work, otherwise I'd never know about it.

If you play carefully you can notice a lot of interesting things... wink.gif
Ardanis
If you play carefully you can notice a lot of interesting things...
Except that I never leave a crevice untouched...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.