Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: EDIT, Sime romance Update May 9th
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Vlad's Compilation > Tortured Souls
Bereth Darkides
Vlad has asked me to stay I hope some people don't mind. Anyway, I thought I would ask this question as I cannot find a definite answer to this quandary!

When does the Chromatic Dragon teleport Sime (or something like that from what I have read) back to the TS island making you rescue her?

Not clear about what/when or if this happens!

(UPDATE; APRIL 24)

Ok I'm at the end! Killed the black dragon, all the minions in Sulden... and still no cut scene. I am just about to summon the avatar and the go kill Irenicus. But still no Chromatic Dragon cut scene. Will this happen in ToB.

I figure I'm around dlg 41-43, and I have tried everything from leaving to wander the country side, visiting all the maps quickly, constantly talking to Sime (about 50 times now) and still nothing!

What can I do to fix this or like I said will it run into ToB? Thanks for your help so far Hoppy :-)

Update; May 9th, go to last post!
Ardanis
Somewhere near the end of romance, don't know the exact lovetalk value though. IIRC you need to rest for it as well.
Bereth Darkides
During Shadows or throne?
Ardanis
SoA
Bereth Darkides
OK, because I just killed Bohdi and on my back to Suld. (spelling).

Was worried I might have missed it or something!
Bereth Darkides
BTW Thanks Very much biggrin.gif
Hoppy
QUOTE(Bereth Darkides @ Apr 19 2009, 10:25 PM) *
BTW Thanks Very much biggrin.gif

I think it is around LoveTalk 43 or 44 because in BSIME.DLG the Global sets to 45 for the Lovetalk and the cutscene to go to the Kara Tur again.
Bereth Darkides
I'm in Suld.... and still nothing. I have talked to her about 50 times, a few scripts have come up. I gave her Aran's ring and now I'm near the end of the game, Killed the Black Dragon, killed all the other dudes, have the materials needed to summon the avatar.. Only Irenicus is left and still no Sime/Chromatic Recue etc.

Please help Hoppy, is there any way I can CLUA this in, or will it continue into ToB?
Hoppy
I think what may have happened is related to that global about the thieves I quoted in your other post about the random encounter in AR0318. It may be just a simple cheat(s) but first we need to make sure that:

1) The Global ---- Global("AttackedThieves","GLOBAL",1) is not at the said value. It needs to be 0 or removed altogether. If you have Shadowkeeper you can use that to edit a save game or you can use CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("AttackedThieves","GLOBAL",0).

2) We will definitely need Shadowkeeper to edit a save (not really cheating but bugfixing) to look at Sime's globals and counters. When you load the save game of choice, navigate to Sime's character and look at the effects tab. You will see LoveTalk and a number, that will be the next love talk she will start with PC.

3)Now navigate to the globals tab and we have to find SIMEROMANCEACTIVE and it needs to be set at 2 at least this late in the game(3 means the romance went bad and 1 means it is still progressing to serious 2)

4) Now let's force the next Lovetalk by finding VP_SIMEROMANCE in the globals tab again and set that large number to 1. That is the delay counter in between banters. Save your edited save game and rename the new one so you have a backup. Load the new save and if she has love tlaks agin than we saved the romance.

Also take note of the lovetalk number. Sometimes it will be an even number as things count down. You will want the next odd number to commence the dialog. All LT's trigger at odd numbers.

Hope this helps and good luck.

P.S. I think that Aran's Ring of _____ that summons the shadow thief ally may be the cause of the bug if you summoned the creature and it was killed even by your enemies. It has a generic shadow thief script that sets the AttackedThieves global to 1. It is also possible that going to Spellhold too early with Sime may cause her romance to stall but that may be outdated if Vlad corrected it.

Bereth Darkides
QUOTE(Hoppy @ Apr 24 2009, 11:36 PM) *
I think what may have happened is related to that global about the thieves I quoted in your other post about the random encounter in AR0318. It may be just a simple cheat(s) but first we need to make sure that:

1) The Global ---- Global("AttackedThieves","GLOBAL",1) is not at the said value. It needs to be 0 or removed altogether. If you have Shadowkeeper you can use that to edit a save game or you can use CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("AttackedThieves","GLOBAL",0).

2) We will definitely need Shadowkeeper to edit a save (not really cheating but bugfixing) to look at Sime's globals and counters. When you load the save game of choice, navigate to Sime's character and look at the effects tab. You will see LoveTalk and a number, that will be the next love talk she will start with PC.

3)Now navigate to the globals tab and we have to find SIMEROMANCEACTIVE and it needs to be set at 2 at least this late in the game(3 means the romance went bad and 1 means it is still progressing to serious 2)

4) Now let's force the next Lovetalk by finding VP_SIMEROMANCE in the globals tab again and set that large number to 1. That is the delay counter in between banters. Save your edited save game and rename the new one so you have a backup. Load the new save and if she has love tlaks agin than we saved the romance.

Also take note of the lovetalk number. Sometimes it will be an even number as things count down. You will want the next odd number to commence the dialog. All LT's trigger at odd numbers.

Hope this helps and good luck.

P.S. I think that Aran's Ring of _____ that summons the shadow thief ally may be the cause of the bug if you summoned the creature and it was killed even by your enemies. It has a generic shadow thief script that sets the AttackedThieves global to 1. It is also possible that going to Spellhold too early with Sime may cause her romance to stall but that may be outdated if Vlad corrected it.

Got it all.. thanks a bunch. I'll let you know how it goes!
P.S. Hoppy, you have just earned an NPC in your name in my new adventure I am writing for Vlad. (whatever you prefer, name it you got it)!

thumb.gif
Bereth Darkides
OK,, this is everything i did;

Love talk 31 never happened, I set the parameter to 1 but nothing. So I set the lovetlk to 33, then saved,, played it out,, then saved, then again did the same edit for lovetlk 35.

Now this is what happened; Sime casts a spell and we both appear in a flowery place and we say we love each other then are transported back to the party. Now, it says I can't save or sleep, almost like it's waiting for something to happen.

What am I to do?

Hoppy
I just thought of your current place in the game. You had said before in your other bug thread (that thing with AR0318) that the Sime romance was OK but now I realize you are in Chapter 7 and in Suldanesselar.

Were you trying to fire the Lovetalks in Suldanesselar? If so try moving to an area that is more local to early in the game. D'arnisse, windpear, or Umar Hills as examples because then you have outside and inside areas for resting. That is another thing is that LoveTalks will fire when the counter runs to 1 but may need to triggeron rest (sometimes outside sometimes inside) or after resting.

Some of the talks may be and probably are going to be scripted to be earlier than Chapter 7 to allow the romance enough time to fulfill its requirements.. If you are in Suldanesselar that is late in the game and may be one of the reasons. If lovetalks are not meant to happen very late they will be scripted to fire with GlobalLT(Chapter","GLOBAL",7) meaning anything less than Chapter 7 and most often or likely not the area of Suldanesselar (AR2800 I think).

If you want to try something cool you can also CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("Chapter","GLOBAL",6) to set the game to think it is in Chapter 6 for the chapter global checks in case that is the reason and then you can set it back to CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("Chapter","GLOBAL",7) when you think you can finish chapter 7. All of your globals and quests and journals will still be current when switching chapters but they will only relate to the chapter that you are in after changing with the hack. They will revert back to CH.7 when you set the global to 7 again.

This isn't normal for Sime's romance to get stuck but I don't know the exact scripting of it either. It may progress a little slow and if you play fast then you may potentially make the romance hang midway. That is true for all of the romances even the four original ones.

EDIT: Also, Sime should have been turned to vampire by Bodhi so your whole romance progress is probably beyond hacking I would bag it and finish your game and save her for another runthrough.
Bereth Darkides
ok,, I work it through to a certain degree, but I kept going until lovetlk 41-43 so it took a few attempts!

I was a little surprised that I didn't get anything out of the battle though other than Yoshimo went up in level. My only question is, is this the last of the lovetalk with her?

(BTW, I had an earlier save from chapter 6 from where I started this)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.