Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kachiko without Yoshimo
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Vlad's Compilation > Tortured Souls
Cat
To be honest, im one of the people, and there are alot of people judging from the few Baldurs Gate players that i know, that truly hates Yoshimo. Of course, that has never been a problem since I at least, never let him join me or at most, leave him to rot the moment im done with Irenicus' dungeon. Now however, i have fallen in love with Kachiko, a wonderful NPC that i think (as you probably realize) is cooler than alot of the original NPC's but im getting more and more frustrated with Yoshimos uselessness. So is there ANY way possible to get rid of him without losing Kachiko?

The closest thing ive come to anything is from Rattledagger's Walkthrough for Tortured Souls stickied here

NOTE: If joining Bodhi in Chapter 3, you must have Yoshimo in your party all the time from before choosing Bodhi till going for Spellhold, since otherwise he disappears and you can't do the main quest... But you can this way manage to have only Kachiko in your party - just remember to kill her before leaving for Spellhold, since otherwise you'll get stuck at the dock.

But
1: That means i have to drag Yoshimo along for as long as to spellhold. Nothing to do earlier?

2: I dont really understand what exactly it is i must do.
Kill Kachiko, then go to spellhold? Then what? Finish spellhold? Go to the 'main quest' ? finish it, come back and get Kachiko? Does yoshimo have to die in spellhold? Or be left in the 'main quest' or what?

Hopefully, thanks beforehand. So far im really enjoying TS thumb.gif
Ardanis
Main quest triggers right after departing to SH. And IIRC you need to have them both (and alive) in order to play the quest, so if you're interested in it then there's no other choice but to suffer Yoshimo's presence.

im getting more and more frustrated with Yoshimos uselessness.
Just ShadowKeeper him to another class, that suits your playing style better? Unless you meant his personality rather than combat abilities.
Senka
You may dual him to fighter from the very beginning.
Cat
Well, it says before going to spellhold, so im assuming before going from the. . island/main plot area to Spellhold?

He is pretty annoying to look at, and he sucks too. xD I've only liked, no LOVED him once. When he bantered with Edwin :3

I need him for his thief abilities though, altough i'd prefer a much sweeter thief such as. . Jan Jansen, any day. Turnips anyone? biggrin.gif
Cat
Seems i cant edit message so sorry about the double post.

Thus, since hes a rather horrible thief i cant dual class him to fighter. That would simply make him a useless thief and a crappy fighter.
Azazello
Although it's too late now, when starting a new game in future, give Yoshimo whatever kit/class you like using mod G3 Level 1 NPCs.
Senka
I am not sure absolutely it would work
Ardanis
And what would possibly prevent it from working? I know that TS doesn't officially support installations with ANY other mods and it's not my place to blame it for that, but try to think with your brain - Level1NPC does nothing but plays with creaures' stats.
Senka
Yoshimo would be replaced
Ardanis
Patched, not fully overwritten. The only possible issue I can foresee are certain TS's events tied to Yoshimo's stats which would get changed by L1. I believe there're none, unless I'm totally missing something.
Bereth Darkides
I let Yoshimo get to 11 lvl then I dueled him to fighter. Now he is my highest lvl character!
Vlad
The whole idea behind Yoshimo's original stats is to dual him to the fighter at level 12. This is my guess, and I think that Bioware also considered this pathway. It seems I have already discussed this a while ago. Initially, being a thief, his progress in levels is very fast compared to other classes. At level 12, all characters get nice bonuses, which he would enjoy. Now, at level 12 dualing him to a fighter creates a pretty tough character in your group considering his very high stats. He easily reaches level 13 even before Chapter 5 where he becomes the most formidable ally in your group. In my opinion, one of the reasons why Bioware decided to eliminate him from the group without any other option to save him or to make some other smart pass. He is the only character who is not accessible in ToB. Even Sarevok gets the second chance, so why is not poor Yoshimo? All this unfairness resulted in TS release. So, I heartly recommend to to take this path, dual him to a fighter at level 12, and enjoy the game, probably with the strongest character created ever in the whole series.

Good luck!

P.S. If Sime has not been abducted by Bodhi, her romance won't progress.
Toxeus
QUOTE(Ardanis @ Apr 26 2009, 05:35 PM) *
And what would possibly prevent it from working? I know that TS doesn't officially support installations with ANY other mods and it's not my place to blame it for that, but try to think with your brain - Level1NPC does nothing but plays with creaures' stats.

Stats remain the same, only class changes. So there shouldn't be any problem at all biggrin.gif
Ardanis
stats

Parameters then, which includes conventional stats like str/dex, classes, kits, races, etc.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.