Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TS 7.02 and BGT 101 incompatibility
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Vlad's Compilation > Tortured Souls
Hoppy
Hi Vlad et all,

Just wanted to bring this to your attention when starting a new game with Bdash 166 BGT101 and TS 702 the starting XP is as if starting a BG2 game. I don't even know where to look, as in what file gets changed.

Also, after installing NeJ691 +694 after TS as per your instructions, the starting XP is the same so it is definitely TS doing some kind of change. Sorry I could not be more help.

Cheers,
Hoppy
Hoppy
Extra note:

This does not happen with TS6.11 installed. The old installation instructions for that were to install that TS after the Nej 691 + patch 694. I don't know if installing TS7.02 after Nej 691 + 694 will remedy the situation.

EDIT: just changed bug to incompatibility in the topic title for a better term
Jarno Mikkola
Well, perhaps the TS 7.02 overwrites the bgmain.exe, and also the .exe patch done in BGT 1.01... there was an XPpatcher in the really old BGT(non WeiDU), I can send it to you, if either of you wants to.
Hoppy
QUOTE(Jarno Mikkola @ Jan 26 2009, 05:10 AM) *
there was an XPpatcher in the really old BGT(non WeiDU), I can send it to you, if either of you wants to.

The non_WeiDU v.1.1.2? I will PM you for the file as I do not have that in my vintage mod backup CD's or DVD's.
Vlad
Thanks, Hoppy.

Yes, I am aware of this issue. I brought "Continuous Yoshimo" back in v7.02. So, he won't leave your party anymore in Chapter 6 to meet you in Saradush, and he won't die in AR4500. This is of course for the price of patching EXE. There is no other way to preserve Yoshimo continuously between SoA and ToB. I'd love to see the WeiDU code, which would re-patch the initial XP after installing TS v7.02.
The Bigg
CODE
COPY_EXISTING bgmain.exe bgmain.exe
REPLACE_TEXTUALLY CASE_SENSITIVE ~YOSHIMO~ ~       ~
Hoppy
QUOTE(The Bigg @ Jan 26 2009, 06:40 PM) *
CODE
REPLACE_TEXTUALLY CASE_SENSITIVE ~YOSHIMO~ ~       ~

Thanks The Bigg! beer.gif
The Bigg
Er, now that I think of it this code is "BiggDU" specific, and IIRC Vlad insists on using "WesDU" only. I can write similar code using only W185 synthax, but it runs the risk of not being compatible with (poorly coded) game cracks. You can remove the CASE_SENSITIVE, but it'll require extensive testing, as there are two instances of (case-insensitive) `yoshimo' in bgmain.exe, and only one is required for this effect, so there's the risk that the second occurrence yields side effects (the uppercase one is in the soa-tob transition, and the code is used in [url=http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showforum=160], so side effects shouldn't occur).
Vlad
Thank you!

Actually, I do this:

REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~YOSHIMO~ ~YOSHINO~

That's all. Everything works.

P.S. I browsed that nice forum at G3, which discusses a "new" mod how to keep Yoshimo alive. It's interesting that none of the moderators at G3 pointed that boy or girl to the TS mod, which solved the above problem twice already in 2001 using the two techniques suggested in the forum. I cannot call this plagiat as I am pretty sure that he/she worked intensively on solving this problem himself/herself without even knowing that TS is one of the first BG2 quest-romance mods and it exists for almost 8 years. What I didn't like is the ignorance of moderators at G3. But it's normal there. I won't even bother to post anything in return. Have fun.
Hoppy
QUOTE(Vlad @ Jan 30 2009, 09:27 AM) *
Thank you!

Actually, I do this:

REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~YOSHIMO~ ~YOSHINO~

That's all. Everything works.

Vlad,
Do we replace the block quoted in the similar block of the TP2 or is it a separate addition altogether? I could not tell if the download was updated with a new TP2 or not.

Thanks for your hard work!

thumb.gif
Vlad
No, it shouldn't be a separate addition. Just please replace mere COPYing BGMAIN.EXE with this block. I have not updated the downloadable file yet. So, you can amend TP2 on your own.

Good luck!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.