Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gem Bag + Scroll Case in BG1
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Modder's Workshop
AeonsLegend
Hi,

I exported the files for Gem Bag and Scroll Case from BGII and insterted them into my BGI override folder. Now when I add them through CLUAConsole and look in my inventory I get assertion failed and the game crashes.

These are the files I put in my override folder:

BAG02.ITM
BAG02.BAM
IBAG02.BAM
CBAG02.BAM

Same for BAG03

I edited the description through IEEP.
Sir-Kill
bg1 handles stores or something differently than bg2 so bg2 containers wont work in bg1.

there is a mod that adds a bag of holding. bg1 ease of use iirc
Baronius
You didn't copy the BAG02.STO file.

Furthermore, BG1 (or do you have Tutu?) cannot use zlib-compressed BAMs, this might also cause a crash. For example, you can use the Export option of Near Infinity to convert them to uncompressed BAMs.
AeonsLegend
Alright, thanks for the responses. I'll see if I can get it to work. It's actually for my wife. She's just now getting into BG and finished Icewind Dale before playing BG so she's complaining about the stacking of items and such. Can't blame her really.
plainab
There has been a tweak pack for BG released on G3. Basically, it's a modified BG2 Tweaks with components that wouldn't work in any way removed. A few new components have been added. I do know that the 'unlimited' stacks components are included. (If you can call 9999 unlimited.) Perhaps there are some other things in there that will help with inventory management...
Tervadh
Containers won't work in the BG1 engine without a whole lot of hackery. As Sir-Kill said, Ease-of-Use for BG1 does it, but seems to be not online anymore. The last known link is here but not the mods, unless they're also in BWL's archive or somewhere else.
Baronius
We have it in our archives, and I'm sure it can also found on Sorcerer's Place ( www.sorcerers.net ).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.