Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Area downloads
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Modder's Workshop
Ardanis
I'm referring to Area Downloads in Community Assets section of the site - there are only BMP images available. TIS and MOS can be easily obtained from BMP, and ARE isn't that much needed too. But other files like S, H, L maps (can't remember about WED) are closely tied to the tileset and aren't fast to be produced.
Wouldn't it be better to offer an entire pack for DLing instead of BMP? Or there are certain reasons for not doing so that I'm missing?

The background of my question is that I need the BG1 location, mostly intact (yep, I think I'll release nonetheless what I already have).
Sir-Kill
well the # 1-2 reasons are interest and time it took quite some time (when I/we had it) to extract and upload all that.
then there is of course the noise from some about legalities.
if by a snap of my fingers, they could be up they would
lroumen
I am interested in downloading a couple of the files from games that I do not own. It's a chore to click them all at once, so I was wondering whether there was a rar encompassing all files or whether it would be possible to automate the download of these files.

wget does not seem to work for me.
Sir-Kill
there is no rar for all the files. there are no plans to automate.
it is put up for modders who want add an area or 2 could download them.
you still have to add search areas, walls, triggers, scripts, etc.
my suggestion it to D/L an area graphic make it into an area then D/L another one. there is no real point to D/L all of them.
lroumen
Okay, no problem.
I was curious to download them and check the various maps in order to join a few nice features into one, the follow up with the generation of overlays and triggers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.