Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Animations issue
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Vlad's Compilation > Tortured Souls
Fuzrum
Well. I tried it again. I posted about 2 posts down about not being able to leave the fighter pit area. I assumed it was because I had other mods installed. Well I really liked the story of this mod, so I decided to take the plunge and start all over with a clean install. SOA-->TOB--->TOB patch--->Baldurdash Weidu 1.66--->Tortured Souls Mod. Lo and behold, I get back to the same room (after HOURS upon HOURS upon HOURS) getting back to this point...and the game locks up everytime I try to leave the room again. This is incredibly annoying. This was my last chance with this broken mod. Incredible potential and build-up. And incredible letdown in the end. If there's some miracle cure to this, please let me know. This is the first mod I've tried that has effectively halted my current game and made me start over. Incredibly dissapointed.
Vlad
This is not the way to report problems. For your reference:

http://forums.blackwyrmlair.net/index.php?showtopic=2955

Unless your detail everything (installation, WeiDU.log, sequence of your actions in the game, which area you leave etc.), you won't get any response here. The mod is very stable and works well, and we know this. It does not work for you only, so relax.

P.S. By the way, I read in one of your previous posts that you had a mess of mods, bugfixes etc. It's bad.
Hoppy
TS 7.02 is super stable and I am testing it with Improved Anvil 6 and the same Bdash 1.66 (TSIA patch is in the works). I had no crashes (regular or one-time surprise) in any of the Kara-Tur part out of the 6 times I ran through it.

Did all components of TS install properly? (ie Successfully Installed Tortured Souls...). Someone in the other post reinstalled the TS animations again so that may be the last resort...if it works.

Can you CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("TTxxxx")? All TS areas are in your override folder with a prefix TT0100 (ex.) rather than normal ARxxxx.

Does it freeze after you enter the new area or in the load screen?
Moongaze
I'd recommend only installing compatible mods together with TS, and I'd limit the number of additional mods for your TS install. The less mods are installed together with a "bigger" mod like TS, the less likely a conflict or error will occur. Just because you can't directly see an error doesn't mean it's automatically safe (think of behind-the-screens conflicts and errors).
Fuzrum
Hey, first of all, I think your mod is great. I wouldn't have tried it twice (running basically through all of Shadow of Amn) if I didn't think so. I'm still trying to go through without Yoshimo and Kachiro, hopiing that Sime will still be okay. I apologize if my post wasn't informative enough. But I don't know what else to include. As I said, I uninstalled <deleted everything>, reinstalled, installed TOB, installed the TOB patch, installed Baldurdash Weidu 1.66, then installed your mod. No other mods are installed. I don't know what else to do. Could this possibly be a Vista problem? (Can't -stand- Vista by the way) Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
Fuzrum
To Hoppy: I'm afraid I'm not too savvy in the CLUA or mod files. However, I can tell you that it does lock up upon loading the new area(s). Thanks.
Baronius
Add the following line to baldur.ini:

Debug Mode=1

Then, when the game freezes, check if a file called baldur.err is found in your game folder, and whether it contains any information or not.

If it's empty, then you might have the same problem as Galactygon. I suspect that he experiences some operating system (or possibly some DirectX) incompatibility with the game, though he hasn't replied in that topic yet. (Do you have also have those appcompat.txt files in your Temp folder?)

So my question/suggestion to you is exactly the same as written in my last post in that thread, but I'll copy it here:
What operating system do you have exactly?

First of all, let's try something simple:

Righ-click on the shortcut you use when running BG, click the Properties option of the popup menu, and select the Compatibility tab. Then select a different compatibility mode than your OS, and try running the game with that. (Don't forget to apply the settings, i.e. make sure not to accidently leave the settings with a Cancel or something similar.) Of course, you might have to keep trying with other settings as well.
Vlad
Fuzrum, first of all thanks for your feedback anyway. Now, let's help you out.

1. So, you have a fresh installation, as follows:

SoA + ToB + ToB patch + BD-WeiDU v1.66 + TS v7.02 - right?

Could you attach your WeiDU.log to your next post?

2. Where does this crash occur? In which area? Could you press X on you keyboard to see the number of the area you leave? If it is the area TT0301, where Kachiko's mother is located, then I presume that you try to unlock the invisible door nearby her. It is wrong. You should go to the opposite exit from the area.

3. Playing TS without Yoshimo and Kachiko does not really make sense as the mod is mainly about these two characters. You don't need to install it in fact if you are not planning to proceed with their quest, which is the major quest of the mod.
Fuzrum
I appreciate your help,; however, I tried all your suggestions and nothing worked. There is a .err file that pops up in my folder, but it is empty. I tried running with Win 98, 2000, and xp w/ service pack 2. Nothing works. I tried downshifting my resolution to 800 x 600. That did nothing either. One of my earlier posts mentions a problem with Sime talking to Dynaheir and then a "Boo" shows up on the ground. You can't talk to it, Sime can't talk to it, and Sime has no interactions with it at all. This happened quite a few times, with the ending result of having a "Boo" permanently in the Slums, Trademeet and I think the Nine Hells Plane to which the Planar Sphere travels. Is this another problem? Thanks in advance.
Fuzrum
Thanks Vlad. I am leaving area TT0302. And yes that was my install order. Here is the Weidu log file:

Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // Component Name
~SETUP-BDTOBV166.TP2~ #0 #0 // MULTI-STRONGHOLD. All the warrior classes (fighters, rangers and paladins) and monks may get the De’Arnise Keep as their stronghold in addition to another stronghold which is accessible according to their class. Also all dual- and multi-classes have no restrictions to the number of strongholds they may obtain.
~SETUP-BDTOBV166.TP2~ #0 #1 // GRAND MASTERY FIX. This fix originally created by James Schumacher you may get from various sources including Baldurdash tweaks and cheats. It fixes the weapon proficiency table for fighters according to the original D&D rules implemented in BG1 and IWD. If you have not installed it yet I would strongly recommend to do so.
~SETUP-BDTOBV166.TP2~ #0 #2 // BONUS MERCHANTS. These are the two bonus merchants from the original BioWare Collector’s Edition CD.
~SETUP-BDTOBV166.TP2~ #0 #3 // IMPROVED COPPER CORONET
~SETUP-BDTOBV166.TP2~ #0 #4 // RESTORED DAK'KON'S BLADE
~SETUP-BDTOBV166.TP2~ #0 #5 // Improved Nymph (Woodland Being) Script by Goeran Rimen
~SETUP-BDTOBV166.TP2~ #0 #6 // Dual Wielding Fix for Rogues by aVENGER
~SETUP-BDTOBV166.TP2~ #0 #7 // Baldurdash Fix Pack for ToB, v1.66 WeiDU
~SETUP-TS.TP2~ #0 #0 // TORTURED SOULS v7.02
~SETUP-TS.TP2~ #0 #3 // AREAS & SOUNDS. This component is required to play the mod.

Thanks.
Hoppy
@Fuzrum

My installation WeiDU looks like this for TS components:

~SETUP-TS.TP2~ #0 #0 // TORTURED SOULS v7.02
~SETUP-TS.TP2~ #0 #1 // ANIMATIONS. Please don't install this component if you have already installed OR are going to install the NEVER ENDING JOURNEY 2.
~SETUP-TS.TP2~ #0 #2 // GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE (GUI). This component adds new GUI to your original BG2. Please don't install this component if you have already installed OR are going to install the NEVER ENDING JOURNEY 2.
~SETUP-TS.TP2~ #0 #3 // AREAS & SOUNDS. This component is required to play the mod.

The animations should only be left out if you are also adding NeJ2 version 691 which you don't have installed. It could be an animation conflict due to the lack of some specific TS animations. You may try running the TS setup again and skip components already installed. DO NOT SELECT RE-INSTALL as that could lead to more problems due to uninstalling and reinstalling TS components that are already installed. See if that will help.

The Graphic User Interface (GUI) is optional but is very nice.
Vlad
Exactly, what's Hoppy said. These are the missing animations, which caused the crash. In TT0303, there are basilisks and new lizards animations, which do not exist in the original BG2. Now, the question is why did you pass installation of the animations?
Hoppy
Glad it was simple wink.gif

Fuzrum, now you know how to cut/paste the log and and that makes it a lot easier for people to help and a lot faster. The WeiDU log is like a VISA card, "don't leave home without it" or 'paste it into your posts'. happy.gif

Hope everything is salvageable! ohmy.gif
Good Luck with the rest!
Fuzrum
Basilisks. It was the damn basilisks. tongue.gif Yep that did it. It was all about the animations. Thanks for all the help. One small problem though, and it is very small: the sounds now seem to be messed up with Sime and Kachiko. If I select Kachiko, she might tell me she's tired and we need to stop. Or I'll hear her groan out her dying breath sound. I click on Sime, and she keeps telling me that she's the leader and I should wait on her. It seems all the scripted sounds are mixed up for some reason. ALSO: just to make sure, Kachiko's, Yoshimo's and Sime's banter continue with TOB, right? As does Sime's romance? Thanks again, guys.

P.S. I changed the name of this thread, since I didn't want "Mod doesn't work" at the top of the forums threads. Shouldn't have labeled it that in the first place. I apologize.
Hoppy
The only way to check for sure that the NPC command sounds are messed is with Near Infinity. If their normal command sounds are listed in the different categories in their creature file, than they are OK and maybe starting a new game clears that up. Usually that only happens when the DIALOG.TLK changes from installing mods that change that file and current saves are no longer good. Mostly the effect is the NPC says different things than they should or improper strings.

Yours seems to be saying correct things just not at the appropriate times. Maybe give all of the NPC's a CTRL+R cheat with the cursor over them. Sometimes that gets rid of minor strangeness.
Vlad
It seems to me that Fuzrum just reinstalled the mod, now including the missed components. Reinstalling the mod with new components would surely change the existing dialog.tlk (at least introducing several new strings would move all further strings forward). However, the save game is based on the former dialog.tlk, thus all the custom strings are changed. I suspect that it will affect further dialogues. That is why before reinstalling the mod, I alsways suggest to backup up the existing dialog.tlk.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.