Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I think I've done something wrong! Help!?
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Vlad's Compilation > Tortured Souls
Henryk
Hello,

First of all may I say that I am really enjoying this mod, this is the first game I have ever installed a mod on/for (?), and it really has brought the old game back to life! First time around, I think I was over excited and installed too many (incompatible) mods, so I had to start again. This time, I tried to follow your instructions to the letter, although as you might have guessed, I am very far from a computer expert. Since I felt yours was by far the best mod I had installed the first time, this time (I think) I have only installed Tortured Souls, apart from the required "ToB official patch + Baldurdash-WeiDU v1.66".

However, whereas on my first time round, the preSpellhold quest worked (hence I know what should happen next), now I seem to be stuck just after Kachiko is kidnapped - the three guards do not appear. I have tried reloading etc.

I would be very grateful if you, or somebody, could help, doubtless I have messed up in the installation somewhere.

After some time, I finally found the WeiDU notepad thing (below) which I think you need.... but have no idea where to find the saved game itself... sorry for the computer illiteracy.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // Component Name
~SETUP-BDTOBV166.TP2~ #0 #0 // MULTI-STRONGHOLD. All the warrior classes (fighters, rangers and paladins) and monks may get the De’Arnise Keep as their stronghold in addition to another stronghold which is accessible according to their class. Also all dual- and multi-classes have no restrictions to the number of strongholds they may obtain.
~SETUP-BDTOBV166.TP2~ #0 #1 // GRAND MASTERY FIX. This fix originally created by James Schumacher you may get from various sources including Baldurdash tweaks and cheats. It fixes the weapon proficiency table for fighters according to the original D&D rules implemented in BG1 and IWD. If you have not installed it yet I would strongly recommend to do so.
~SETUP-BDTOBV166.TP2~ #0 #2 // BONUS MERCHANTS. These are the two bonus merchants from the original BioWare Collector’s Edition CD.
~SETUP-BDTOBV166.TP2~ #0 #3 // IMPROVED COPPER CORONET
~SETUP-BDTOBV166.TP2~ #0 #4 // RESTORED DAK'KON'S BLADE
~SETUP-BDTOBV166.TP2~ #0 #5 // Improved Nymph (Woodland Being) Script by Goeran Rimen
~SETUP-BDTOBV166.TP2~ #0 #6 // Dual Wielding Fix for Rogues by aVENGER
~SETUP-BDTOBV166.TP2~ #0 #7 // Baldurdash Fix Pack for ToB, v1.66 WeiDU
~SETUP-BDTOBV166.TP2~ #0 #8 // Baldurdash English Text Update Pack for ToB, v1.4 WeiDU
~SETUP-TS.TP2~ #0 #0 // TORTURED SOULS v7.02
~SETUP-TS.TP2~ #0 #1 // ANIMATIONS. Please don't install this component if you have already installed OR are going to install the NEVER ENDING JOURNEY 2.
~SETUP-TS.TP2~ #0 #2 // GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE (GUI). This component adds new GUI to your original BG2. Please don't install this component if you have already installed OR are going to install the NEVER ENDING JOURNEY 2.
~SETUP-TS.TP2~ #0 #3 // AREAS & SOUNDS. This component is required to play the mod.

Thanks for any help!
Senka
SETUP-BDTOBV166.TP2~ #0 #8 // Baldurdash English Text Update Pack for ToB, v1.4 WeiDU

This component is not needs. But your problem has other reason I believe. May be I should try to arrive in Island again, from the save in Athkatla?
Do you have occasionally new version of WeiDU in your BG2 directory?
Henryk
SETUP-BDTOBV166.TP2~ #0 #8 // Baldurdash English Text Update Pack for ToB, v1.4 WeiDU

This component is not needs. But your problem has other reason I believe. May be I should try to arrive in Island again, from the save in Athkatla?
Aha, I thought it was. Damn, I shall try again without. Now I have at least learnt to save before starting a mod area, just in case!

Do you have occasionally new version of WeiDU in your BG2 directory?

Er, no idea! AFAIK I downloaded the latest, but how can I tell?

(Sorry, don't know how to do the quotation thing you did)

Thanks for the reply though, I'll try deleting that mod and see what happens, cheers.
Moongaze
The latest WeiDU version is 208 and can be found here: http://weidu.org/main.html#weidu
Of course I don't know whether that's a good or a bad thing for TS.
If it is good (or at least won't mess up your install), you could try unpacking TS into your BG2 folder, then copy the WeiDU.exe file into your BG2 directory. Rename the WeiDU.exe file to the exact same name as the TS setup installer (I can't remember what it's called, also an .exe file), and delete the old TS setup installer. As far as I know, this will install the mod with the latest WeiDU version.

Though as I said, I don't know if TS will work with newer versions of WeiDU, so it's at your own risk until Vlad or someone else visits and tells you to do it, or smack me for giving bad advice.
Vlad
My mods install on WeiDU 185. You should install them first in order to prevent automatic updating them to newer versions of WeiDU and as a result running in numerous errors and warnings during installation.
Sikret
As far as I remember, the order of installation doesn't matter. Even if he has one other mod with a newer version of WeiDu sitting in his BG2 folder, it will automatically upgrade all other WeiDu installers during their installation even if he chooses to install the older ones before that one which has the higher version.

The way to solve the problem is this:

1- Copy and paste TS-Setup.ExE (newly downloaded to make sure that it is v185) to a temporary folder somewhere on your computer.

2- Look inside your BG2 folder and find all other similar exe files. for each of them, rename the file in your temporary folder to that new name and copy and paste it into your main BG2 folder to overwrite the existent file there.

3- After doing this for all weiDi installer exe files, delete your temporary folder.

As for the question of how to see the version of WeiDu, it is shown at the top of the console window when you try to install a mod.
Vlad
The order does matter. The Setup EXE in TS, NeJ2 and BD-WeiDU - all v185. If you install them when there is some EXE of another mod with higher version has been sitting in your BG2 folder already, all my mods' EXEs will be updated at once to that higher version, which would lead to installation problems. That is one of the reasons I recommend to install BD-WeiDU, TS, NeJ2 first before any other mod, in order to prevent that automatic update.
Sikret
The automatic update will happen regardless of the order of installation if the player has any other mod with higher WeiDu version sitting in his BG2 folder (and you will have all those error messages despite installing the mods before the other ones which have newer versions of WeiDu).
Vlad
The automatic update will happen regardless of the order of installation if the player has any other mod with higher WeiDu version sitting in his BG2 folder
It is the same that I said in my previous post:

If you install them when there is some EXE of another mod with higher version has been sitting in your BG2 folder already, all my mods' EXEs will be updated at once to that higher version

That is to say the order does matter. If you install BD + TS + NeJ2 first, means before any other mod *is sitting* in the BG2 folder, you are on the safe side.

smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.