Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CTD at baldurs gate
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
Romulas
Hello,

Has anyone had a CTD at the entrance to baldurs gate? Here are some details that lead up to it. I first entered the wyrm bridge and the party moves in slow motion with advances (catch-up), meaning that if I have all party members highlighted and set them to move, they start in slow motion, stop and then catch-up in the formation/location that I had them going. Then when I cross the bridge and try to leave the map (into baldurs gate, the only destination that is reachable within the city at this time), I get a crash to desktop. This happens if I try to enter that map from the friendly arms inn map.

My weidu log will follow: oh, I will be on vaction for 5 days or so and will check for replies when I get back, thanks.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~SETUP-BDTOBV166.TP2~ #0 #0 // MULTI-STRONGHOLD. All the warrior classes (fighters, rangers and paladins) and monks may get the De’Arnise Keep as their stronghold in addition to another stronghold which is accessible according to their class. Also all dual- and multi-classes have no restrictions to the number of strongholds they may obtain.
~SETUP-BDTOBV166.TP2~ #0 #1 // GRAND MASTERY FIX. This fix originally created by James Schumacher you may get from various sources including Baldurdash tweaks and cheats. It fixes the weapon proficiency table for fighters according to the original D&D rules implemented in BG1 and IWD. If you have not installed it yet I would strongly recommend to do so.
~SETUP-BDTOBV166.TP2~ #0 #2 // BONUS MERCHANTS. These are the two bonus merchants from the original BioWare Collector’s Edition CD.
~SETUP-BDTOBV166.TP2~ #0 #3 // IMPROVED COPPER CORONET
~SETUP-BDTOBV166.TP2~ #0 #4 // RESTORED DAK'KON'S BLADE
~SETUP-BDTOBV166.TP2~ #0 #5 // Improved Nymph (Woodland Being) Script by Goeran Rimen
~SETUP-BDTOBV166.TP2~ #0 #6 // Dual Wielding Fix for Rogues by aVENGER
~SETUP-BDTOBV166.TP2~ #0 #7 // Baldurdash Fix Pack for ToB, v1.66 WeiDU
~SETUP-BDTOBV166.TP2~ #0 #8 // Textupdatepack -> Baldurdash English Text Update Pack for ToB, v1.4 WeiDU
~SETUP-BGT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core 1.01
~SETUP-TS.TP2~ #0 #0 // TORTURED SOULS v7.02
~SETUP-TS.TP2~ #0 #3 // AREAS & SOUNDS. This component is required to play the mod.
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #0 // Never Ending Journey Second Edition v6.91
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #1 // Continuous and Custom Kit Imoen
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #2 // New Imoen Portrait
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #3 // Priest of Sylvanus (Druid) Kit and Improved Character Jaheira.
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #4 // New Jaheira Portrait
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #5 // Boo - Familiar of Minsc (This component is not available in BG1!)
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #6 // "Firewalker" Shar-Teel (custom kit and continuous character)
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #7 // Additional content for Part II (beta)
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #8 // Frostbite Animation (Turns a big wyvern into the frost wyvern. You may install and uninstall this component at any moment in the game.)
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #9 // Merchant League Bank (BGT required!)
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #10 // More Items from BG1 (a component from BGT tweaks - BGT required!)
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #11 // Tougher Black Talone Elites (BGT required!)
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #12 // Areas & Sounds (This component is required to play NeJ2!)
~SETUP-NEJ2V694.TP2~ #0 #0 // Never Ending Journey Second Edition v6.94 (Patch)
~SETUP-ITEMUPGRADE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Shadows Of Amn Item Upgrades
~SETUP-ITEMUPGRADE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Throne Of Bhaal Item Upgrades
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Infinite Weapon, Potion and Ring/Amulet Stacking
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #2 // Multi-Class Grand Mastery
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #3 // True Grand Mastery (extra half-attack, etc.) (Baldurdash)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #4 // Shut Up "You Must Gather Your Party Before Venturing Forth"
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #5 // Faster Chapter 1&2 Cut-Scenes and Dreams (Karzak, Blucher) (SEE WARNINGS)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #6 // Wear Magical Armor AND Magic Rings (etc.)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #9 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table, Saving Throws, Grand-Mastery, and Arcane, Divine Spell Progression (Blucher)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #10 // XP Cap Remover
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #11 // Allow Multi-Player Created NPCs to "Wait Here" When Kicked Out
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #12 // Turn Off The Hideous Cloak-of-Mirroring and Spell-Trap Animation
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #13 // Unlimited Bag of Holding (Blucher)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #15 // Bonus Merchants (Baldurdash)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #17 // No Drow Avatars On Party In Underdark
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #18 // Imoen ToB Dialogue Fix
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #20 // Female Edwina
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #21 // Romance: Bug Fixes (required for later components).
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #22 // Romance: PC can romance one NPC (regardless of race/gender).
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #23 // Romance: PC can romance multiple NPCs concurrently, but must say the right things.
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #24 // Romance: PC can romance multiple NPCs concurrently and can say anything without ending a romance.
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #25 // Happy: NPCs won't fight with each other or leave the group.
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #26 // Low Reputation Store Discount (Sabre)
~SETUP-PLANARSPHEREMOD.TP2~ #0 #0 // PSM -> PlanarSphereMod v2.6b: v2.6b
~SETUP-PLANARSPHEREMOD.TP2~ #0 #2 // Planar Sphere Return v2: v2.6b
~SETUP-ROLLES.TP2~ #1 #0 // Rolles Safyer
~SETUP-ROLLES.TP2~ #1 #1 // Bag of Holding in Irenicus Dungeon
~SETUP-TZSHOP01.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Magnificient Magic Shop
~SETUP-EXNEM.TP2~ #0 #0 // Exnem Vault v5, Install Items
~SETUP-EXNEM.TP2~ #0 #1 // Add items to creatures
~SETUP-SCRIPTABLE_SPELLS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Scriptable Spells v1.4
~SETUP-SPSTUFF.TP2~ #0 #0 // Sylvan Mystic Kit, by Polar Bear
~SETUP-SPSTUFF.TP2~ #0 #1 // Blade Master Kit, by Drizzt1180
~SETUP-SPSTUFF.TP2~ #0 #2 // Death Knight Kit, by Drizzt1180
~SETUP-SPSTUFF.TP2~ #0 #4 // Creslyn's BG2 Item Pack
~SETUP-SPSTUFF.TP2~ #0 #5 // Archer of Sylvanus, by Drizzt1180
~SETUP-SPSTUFF.TP2~ #0 #6 // Arcane Fist, by Drizzt1180
~SETUP-DSOTSC.TP2~ #0 #0 // DSotSC for BGT-Weidu v1.95 Mod
~SETUP-NTOTSC.TP2~ #0 #0 // NTotSC for BGT-Weidu v1.55 Mod

Romulas
Sikret
You have not followed Vlad's installation instructions, Romulas!

Nej2 and the mods you have installed before it (according to your WeiDu.log file) seem to be alright; but you should uninstall everything else you have installed after nej2.

It's not just a matter of order of installation; even if you had installed those other mods before Nej2, you would still have needed to uninstall them.

I hope you enjoyed the vacation.
Hoppy
~SETUP-DSOTSC.TP2~ #0 #0 // DSotSC for BGT-Weidu v1.95 Mod
~SETUP-NTOTSC.TP2~ #0 #0 // NTotSC for BGT-Weidu v1.55 Mod

These need the Worldmap mod 6.6.1

I also believe that Baldurdash (WeiDU) is incompatible with the Worldmap

Attention:

BP-BGT_Worldmap v6.6 is not compatible with Baldurdash!!!!!!
from the BP-BGT Worldmap mod readme

So I am sure you will have more problems with traveling unless erebusant proves me wrong. You will have a pretty good game without Dark Side and Northern Tales of the Sword Coast. I am not sure if erebusant's workings with NeJ691 in a megamod (like yours Romulas) is available to be distributed.

Sorry about that. sad.gif
Romulas
thanks for the replies. I guess i did not fully understand the install order and where to put the other stuff, I only found reference to the big mod stuff and its order, it was never clear where to put the rest of the mods, before or after. I will try to uninstall the dark side of the sword coast and the other mod to try and get through it. My goal was to do the never ending journey anyway so this will not be a problem if it works of course.

romulas
Hoppy
Romulas, those versions of DS and NT... need a patch for some some bug fixes. Unfortunately I cannot access SHS forums right now to link you to the downloads.

Also you may check out Big World Project in the downloads section there. I believe they are trying to incorporate NeJ691 as well which required combining G3 fixpack with Baldurdash for major compatibility. I do know for sure that the version of TS will have to be TS-BP 611 for that mega compilation.

Here we go:

BWP
http://www.shsforums.net/index.php?autocom...&showcat=72

Updated versions for DS and NT
http://www.shsforums.net/index.php?autocom...&showcat=41
Romulas
Hoppy,

Thanks for the links, however after doing unintstall of dark side and the other one, I still have the problem, so the damage is irreversable or caused by some other installation foul-up. I guess I have to chock this up as another half finished game (well not exactly half but close). Arrggg.

Romulas
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.