Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cant install
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Tower of Deception
Dr_Moreau
Can't install. I copy the ToD setup to my main game folder and run it, but it cant find the dialog.tlk. I Have installed the following in this order:
BG2
ToB
patch
Ascension
BG2 Fixpack
Solaufein
Kivan
Kelsey
Amber
Saerlith
Banterpack
Crossmod banterpack
Unfinished business
Quest pack
Dungeon crawl
Tower of Deception -> error cant find dialog.tlk
Lvl 1 NPC
Tweak pack
SCS II

What could be wrong?

Razfallow
OK, are you sure that you properly extracted download file? You should have folder Tod and file Setup-TOD.exe in your game directory, please check it.
Dr_Moreau
Haven't extracted anything. The download is just one file named ToD-setup, not a rar file.
Razfallow
But it's still an archive, you need to extract it.
Dr_Moreau
Well ok its an selfextracting archive in that case I guess, but he thing is when I doubleclick it it starts to extract files and then it automaticly brings up the black installbox that looks like DOS and then it says it cant find the dialog.tlk file.
EDIT: OK, extracted it using winrar and now it installs ok. But it must bes omething wrong since it should work like any other selfextracting archives?
Razfallow
But during the extraction (using doubleclick) you can choose destination folder, right? There is preset destination folder (C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA), and if you've installed game somewhere else you have to change it, then it should work OK.
Dr_Moreau
No, I can't choose the destination folder. It just starts extracting. Weird. Well it works now. Thanks for the help!
Valiant
It canĀ“t be weird. After downloading the proper file (TOD-Setup.exe) double click it and read the installation text. There is a sentence about selecting the destination folder, which should be the main BG2 TOB folder. I just tried it and it work flawlessly...smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.