Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TOD-Setup.exe
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Tower of Deception
Leomar
Thanks for including of the german translation.

One suggestion, can you add the version-number in your packed TOD-setup.exe? Sometime we have problems to see is that the right version of your packed mod. Three weeks after your release, we have seen the new version only by unpacking and reading the ReadMe.

What do you think about TODv3.1-setup.exe or something else?

Greetings Leomar
Baronius
I don't understand, the latest release is always the one you can download (and its version number can be found both on the forums and on ToD's website). The filenames don't include version numbers because (each time a new mod version is released) it would be a little extra work for me to update the mod's entry in the DragonsHoard System due to the changed direct URL. tongue.gif

Edit: Oh I see, Valiant hasn't updated the website yet, probably due to the fact v3.1 isn't a crucial release. However, there is a forum thread about it.
Chev
Baronius,

Sometime long ago you let me know that the version of a Black Wyrm mod I was using was out of date. I commonly check to see if the version I have on my hard drive is the latest, before a new install, by seeing if the name matches the current one to download. I now know that I have to check the readme to see if I have the latest version. If it is going to add to your work load I understand fully.
Baronius
I commonly check to see if the version I have on my hard drive is the latest, before a new install, by seeing if the name matches the current one to download.

Unless it's a huge file to extract, you can just view the readme inside the file in your harddisk (this is fast, because it's on your local disk), and compare the version number with the one on the mod's website or forum. tongue.gif

Nonetheless, you and Leomar are right, it's good practice to include version numbers in filenames so I will support it and update DragonsHoard when needed.
Leomar
QUOTE(Baronius @ Jun 22 2008, 08:47 AM) *
I commonly check to see if the version I have on my hard drive is the latest, before a new install, by seeing if the name matches the current one to download.

Unless it's a huge file to extract, you can just view the readme inside the file in your harddisk (this is fast, because it's on your local disk), and compare the version number with the one on the mod's website or forum. tongue.gif

Nonetheless, you and Leomar are right, it's good practice to include version numbers in filenames so I will support it and update DragonsHoard when needed.

Thank you very much, Baronius.

Greetings Leomar
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.