Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dual Wielding fix code
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Vlad's Compilation > Baldurdash-WeiDU
aVENGER
Hi Vlad,

I noticed that Baldurdash-WeiDU uses an outdated version of my Dual Wield fix which allows Thieves and Bards to put up to three stars into Two Weapon Style. The code which you are using comes from an old version of Rogue Rebalancing (v3.11) which was released back in 2003 and may cause some issues with newer mods as it clumsily and unnecessarily tries to re-format WEAPPROF.2DA after making the changes. Here are the problematic lines:

CODE
REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~NAME_REF~                 ~ID NAME_REF~
REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~
ID~ ~
   ~ // ~enter\ID~ ~enter\2 spaces~

IIRC, back in 2003 when WeiDU was still in version 135 (which I had used for RR v3.11) it used to slightly garble the 2DA after patching it and the two REPLACE_TEXTUALLY snippets were added to remedy that. Nowadays, WeiDU no longer does that, so the lines are unnecessary and may in fact cause potential problems by needlessly reformatting WEAPPROF.2DA. I've excluded the REPLACE_TEXTUALLY bits from my code back when I released RR v3.5 and I'd advise that you do the same for BD-WeiDU.

Cheers!
Vlad
Thank you.
Vlad
What is the WeiDU version you used in RR v3.5?
Azazello
QUOTE(Vlad @ Aug 26 2008, 01:37 PM) *
What is the WeiDU version you used in RR v3.5?

WeiDU (version 199: "INCLUDE is beefier")
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.