Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paperdoll Question
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Modder's Workshop
Sir_Carnifex
I've seen other topics which say that these are not able to be edited (or if so, it is very difficult), but...

Is it possible to import a paperdoll shield from BG1? I dislike the look of the new shields and would like to have one that looks like the old black/gold tower shield from BG1. In DLTCEP, I can only find one small shield with the old look, but it uses the same paperdoll effect as the BG2-style small shields.

If it's not possible, it's no big deal.

Thanks!
Sir-Kill
you can use the images from bg1 but I do not think you can just import them.
1PP might have done it already so you might want to check that out.

yeah I am not a big fan of the 'new' shields either.
Sir_Carnifex
That would work for me, but I was wondering how to get just a single shield to look that way for an NPC mod. As it is, the shield I made looks like the old tower shields but on the paperdoll it looks like something taken out of Star Trek. It's just a technicality that I probably shouldn't even be thinking about right now anyway. I assume that to do what I'm thinking, I would have to package the paperdoll shield with the mod. Sounds like work...

I think I'll be downloading that 1PP mod for myself now. Unfortunately, they don't have the large or medium shields yet. sad.gif
Sir-Kill
She has been at it for a couple of years now, maybe in time there will be more. of coarse she is doing stuff w/avatars too so...

I do not think you should have any problems adding a new one it just takes time.

just to be clear we are talking about the character on the inventory screen right?
Sir_Carnifex
QUOTE(Sir-Kill @ Apr 26 2008, 07:25 PM) *
just to be clear we are talking about the character on the inventory screen right?

Correct. A rectangular tower shield looks like the oval-shaped w/spikes style large shield of BG2 on the paperdoll.
WizWom
The PLT files for shields are fairly clearly defined. The BMP files are, too.
You could do the following:
1. Export the paperdoll for the shield from BG
2. Import it into BG2 with a new component code, after fixing placement on the paperdoll

This should do the job, paperdoll wise. The Avatar would not change, of course, unless you did the appropriate avatar export/import, complete with adding all the extra animations BG2 required.

Generally, Paperdoll is about 30-200x easier than Avatar.
Sir_Carnifex
That sounds like work! I might give it shot sometime when I don't feel like working on anything else, but I'm sure I'd have to do some more reading up to figure WHAT you are talking about. smile.gif
Moongaze
Sounds like a little too much for just one shield... happy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.