Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: .tp2 question
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Modder's Workshop
Moongaze
I have a question in regard to the TP2 file.

Currently, among other things, it contains this:

CODE
COPY ~WikaedeR\Creatures\MGWIKA.CRE~ ~override~
     ~WikaedeR\Creatures\MGWIKA25.CRE~ ~override~
SAY NAME1 ~Wikaede~
SAY NAME2 ~Wikaede~
SAY INITIAL_MEETING ~Greetings. I am Sir Wikaede.~
SAY MORALE [All of the voice files...]
SAY BIO [The Bio...]
COPY ~WikaedeR\Creatures\MGWIKHAR.CRE~ ~override~
SAY NAME1 ~Dawnmistress Harah~
SAY NAME2 ~Dawnmistress Harah~

This bit installed correctly like this, but I'm unsure whether this is the correct method. (Wikaede is meant to join the party, whereas Dawnmistress Harah is a non-joinable character that eventually gives Wikaede a quest.)
I've never tried having other characters of the same mod spawn and interact with the party.
If this method of copying and naming additional NPC's is wrong, please let me know and please explain the correct method to me.

The bottom bit of the .tp2 confuses me.
Currently it contains this:

CODE
APPEND ~pdialog.2da~
~Wikaede MGWIKAP MGWIKAJ MGWIKAD MGWIKA MGWIK25P MGWIK25J MGWIK25D MGWIK25~
UNLESS ~Wikaede~

APPEND ~interdia.2da~
~Wikaede BMGWIKA BMGWIK25~
UNLESS ~Wikaede~

This seems to work. I wonder if I'm meant to place the new non-joinable NPC and her dialogue files here as well, if I place it here at all.

CODE
APPEND ~pdialog.2da~
~Wikaede MGWIKAP MGWIKAJ MGWIKAD MGWIKA MGWIK25P MGWIK25J MGWIK25D MGWIK25~   <--- in this section?
UNLESS ~Wikaede~   <--- in this section?

APPEND ~interdia.2da~
~Wikaede BMGWIKA BMGWIK25~   <--- in this section?
UNLESS ~Wikaede~    <--- in this section?
igi
You can set the name for any creature (party-joinable or not) via SAY, and this is probably 'correct' behaviour.

Only creatures that can join the party need to have their dialog appended to pdialog.2da or interdia.2da.
Moongaze
Perfect.
Thank you very much.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.