Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weird bug in chapter transition to Dorn's Deep
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
Stilkyz0r
When Larrel teleported me to dorn's deep and the new chapter was introduced by the narrator, I encountered a weird bug. The voice of the narrator was played in fast forward, making his voice quite comical and weird. Any idea why this is?
Vlad
First of all, it's not a bug but your game settings. It happens sometimes when you leave Irenicus' dungeon in the unmodded game. I have no idea which parameter controls the rate of narration, but it seems to be hard-coded.
Stilkyz0r
Hm.. ok. Thanks for the quick answer. One other thing, there are two kinds of skeleton warriors in NeJ, one are the "ordinary" kind, which yields 1975 XP or something like that, the other one is different and has 4000 XP. The 4000 XP one doesn't attack my party.. they just run around as if frightened or something... is this how it's supposed to be, or is something wrong...?
Also, couple of problems in Wyrm's Tooth:
1: the game keeps CTD'ing both after I reload and on random places. The game usually runs until I start a battle, then it crashes.
2: In Joril's cave all the frost giants look like giant bugs. This how it's supposed to be?
Hoppy
Sounds like a script error in the skeletons and an animation conflict with the ANIMATE.IDS. Probably fixable with NI but sometimes it isn't.

What version is this? I never had these problems with 691 but if you have other mods that use similar animation schemes, then you can run into those mixups.
Bereth Darkides
Maybe he was high on ',,,,,,,,Bone Meal..(funny white powder for the undead).

balleye.gif
Vlad
In Joril's cave all the frost giants look like giant bugs. This how it's supposed to be?

Stilkyz0r, I ask you kindly to stop posting such issues in this forum. I have already mentioned 1000 times that I don't support mixed installations. Giant Bugs animation has never been introduced in NeJ2. I simply had no slots for this. If you have other mods installed then your questions should go to the SHS forum boards.

Thank you for your understanding.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.