Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wikaede new dialogue problem
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Modder's Workshop
Moongaze
I'm currently working on new content for Wikaede Revisited.
It adds a new character to the temple of Lathander, who can be talked to. She kind of brushes the party aside if Wikaede is not present. However, if Wikaede -is- present, she will react to him and eventually offer him a quest. She does not join the party.

Now here is where I'm stuck. I have a new dialogue file for the character called MGWIKHAR.d
Currently it looks like this:

CODE
BEGIN MGWIKHAR

IF ~!InParty("Wikaede")~ THEN BEGIN MGMeetHarahWithoutWikaede
SAY ~Kind <PRO_SIRLADY>, please excuse me. I am very busy with my chores. If you have any questions, you may ask one of the others.~
IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~InParty("Wikaede")
See("Wikaede")
!StateCheck("Wikaede",STATE_SLEEPING)
Global("MGWikaHarahQuestStart","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN BEGIN MGMeetHarahWithWikaede
SAY ~Oh! Wikaede... It has been some time. It is good to see you again.~

== MGWIKAJ    (<---- Parse Error)

~Indeed it has been. I have missed you. Have you been well?~
== MGWIKHAR
~Yes, everything has been fine. No need to worry. However, I do have a small task that needs to be completed, which I currently cannot do, due to my schedule.~
== MGWIKAJ
~Which would be...?
== MGWIKHAR
~A gnomish alchemist by the name of Bunyan requested a certain type of potion. We have managed to create it, and it needs to be delivered. Would you be interested in taking on such a task?~
== MGWIKAJ
~Of course. It is but a small task and shall not harm our greater plans. I will pass it to this alchemist when I see him.~
== MGWIKHAR
~Thank you very much, Wikaede. He can usually be found beside his stand at Waukeen's Promenade.~
== MGWIKAJ
~I understand. In that case, I shall be off. Do take care, would you?~
== MGWIKHAR
~Yes. And you as well. Until we meet again.~
IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("MGWikaHarahQuestStart","GLOBAL",1)~
END

Obviously the MGWIKAJ interjection doesn't work. It gives a parse error at the bit I seperated. I'm puzzled as to how I can have Wikaede react to a new dialogue file in installed with the same mod, that only happens when he is in the party. I have tried looking at MGWIKAJ.d as a file...

CODE
INTERJECT_COPY_TRANS GAAL 4 MGWikaGaalBeholder
== MGWIKAJ IF ~InParty("Wikaede")~ THEN
~An eyeless beholder? I wonder how such an abomination could maintain it's great strength.~
== GAAL
~Be careful with your words, faithless one. The One God is far from an abomination. He is perfect.~
END

Interject Copy Trans requires a certain number (line number. In this case 4) to function...yet with a new dialogue file... egh, I don't know. Maybe it's not even meant to be an interjection, but it beats me. Any assistance on this would be appreciated.
Miss Sakaki
In this situation, where a non-party NPC talks to a party NPC, it's easiest to use CHAIN, because it means you can switch back and forth between the NPCs (and put in Bioware interjections, if you want) all in one block. It would go like this:

CODE
CHAIN IF ~InParty("Wikaede")
See("Wikaede")
!StateCheck("Wikaede",STATE_SLEEPING)
Global("MGWikaHarahQuestStart","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN MGWIKHAR MGMeetHarahWithWikaede
~Oh! Wikaede... It has been some time. It is good to see you again.~
DO ~SetGlobal("MGWikaHarahQuestStart","GLOBAL",1)
== MGWIKAJ
~Indeed it has been. I have missed you. Have you been well?~
== MGWIKHAR
~Yes, everything has been fine. No need to worry. However, I do have a small task that needs to be completed, which I currently cannot do, due to my schedule.~
[Rest of conversation, in the same syntax as a normal banter]
EXIT

Hope that helps. You may also want to change the non-Wikaede NPC's dialogue to something seven letters long, but eight is OK in some cases - I can't remember whether this is one of them.
Moongaze
Right. Chain between MGWIKHAR and MGWIKAJ.
Thanks, it does help. A lot. happy.gif

You may also want to change the non-Wikaede NPC's dialogue to something seven letters long, but eight is OK in some cases - I can't remember whether this is one of them.

Oh? I thought eight was okay in any case.
I'll test it this way, see if it works. Shouldn't be too much work to change if it fails.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.