Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Updated Install Order; My new plan
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Vlad's Compilation > Tortured Souls
Bereth Darkides
Wow, I can't wait to give it a go.
Here is the plan

SoA + ToB + ToB official patch + Baldurdash-WeiDU v1.66 + TS v7.02 + NeJ2 v6.91 + NeJ2 patch v6.94

+

Tower of Deception

Now, when Sikret's New IA comes out, in which order would I place it, before or after TS?

Other than this I'm ready to go!
Bereth Darkides
OK, I thought I should note this here as well: IN Regards to Tower of Deception

QUOTE:
Changes in v3:

- Lightning Machine frequency has been toned down as requested
- Some treasure and loot has been removed
- Many scripts have been revisited
- Dialogs have been rewritten
- All monsters and battles have been improved
- One new addition - encounter has been added - strongly recommend to have IA installed
END QUOTE

Now if I seem to recall IA still isn't compatible with TSv7.02 until Sikret has finished his new version. So I would naturally assume not to install this (Tower of Deception) until his new IA version is released....Correct?
Sikret
QUOTE(Bereth Darkides @ Apr 6 2008, 10:54 AM) *
OK, I thought I should note this here as well: IN Regards to Tower of Deception

QUOTE:
Changes in v3:

- Lightning Machine frequency has been toned down as requested
- Some treasure and loot has been removed
- Many scripts have been revisited
- Dialogs have been rewritten
- All monsters and battles have been improved
- One new addition - encounter has been added - strongly recommend to have IA installed
END QUOTE

Now if I seem to recall IA still isn't compatible with TSv7.02 until Sikret has finished his new version. So I would naturally assume not to install this (Tower of Deception) until his new IA version is released....Correct?

First of all, the compatibility of TS and IA will be acquired by releasing an entirely new mod: A TS-IA compatibility patch! (not by releasing a new version of IA).

Second, If you want to play TS with ToD (without IA), you still can install ToD's last component. The fact that IA is strongly recommended for playing that component of ToD does NOT mean that it *requires* IA to work. It will work even without IA. Having IA installed makes ToD's last component more challenging and more interesting, but it will work seamlessly even without IA installed.
Bereth Darkides
Right,, I new that..um.. er.

Do you have an expected timeline regarding the release of A TS-IA compatibility patch,,,, (he asks Eagerly)?
groucho.gif
Ymarsakar
Bereth, if you are so interested, you might want to to PM Sikret to test out the TS-IA comp patch in a beta format.

You won't be able to install Nej as part of the beta test, but you will be able to speed play through the new IA and if you have a second install of BG2, you can try out Nej, TS, IA on that install.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.