Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trying to find the right files
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
ClefairyTorii
So i pretty much plan to follow this path:

SoA + ToB + ToB patch + Baldurdash-WeiDU v1.64 + Improved Anvil + BGT v1.01 + BGT Tweaks + TS v6.11 + NeJ2 v6.9.1 + BGT Songs

However, I don't know where to find BGT v1.01

I followed the link to BGT v1.01 but I can only seem to find 1.05b on SHS forums. There is also an NEJ2 compatibility file that isn't mentioned here. Is that necessary?

Another question I have is whether or not it is ok to add in custom weapons to the install. I am not sure if adding those in using IEE will mess up the install.

I used to have all the files, my portraits, saved games all sorts of stuff in a BG2 file that got lost in a HD format. I'm very sad I cannot remember where I found them, etc. Any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated.
Sikret
Improved Anvil will not work properly in such an installation. I don't know the answers to your particualr questions regarding BGT. Wait for Vlad's reply.
ClefairyTorii
Improved Anvil will not work properly in such an installation.

My installation path is a direct copy/paste from the sticky above. If there have been any changes that have not been posted I would greatly appreciate any updated installation path. smile.gif
Sikret
Yes, the installation paths in the pinned topic in NEJ2 forum (which contain Improved Anvil) are rather outdated.

A player is currently playing Improved Anvil with NEJ2 and we are trying to resolve his problems. We should wait for his updated reports. Check this thread. Improved Anvil has to be installed *after* NEJ2 for having any compatibility chance and it seems that you need to skip installing any component of NEJ2 which relates to Imoen. You should also skip BGT.

As for the compatibility of TS and Improved Anvil. They currently have problems and won't work properly together. We are working on releasing a separate compatibility patch which should be installed after those two mods to resolve their compatibility issues.
Vlad
SoA + ToB + ToB patch + Baldurdash-WeiDU v1.66 + BGT v1.01 + TS v7.02 + NeJ2 v6.9.1 + NeJ2 v6.9.4 + BGT Songs

Please, ask Ascension64 for this version of BGT 1.01. Also, the v1.66 of BD-WeiDU and v7.02 of TS will be available this week.
ClefairyTorii
Thanks for the response guys. I'll wait for the new Baldurdash and take a trip to SHS and see if I can get BGT 1.01. I'm so sad I lost all my files...
Ymarsakar
Sorcerer's place has some sounds/portraits.

http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&...+gate+portraits

For a basic google search but couldn't find the source that had thousands of BG2 pics that I used.

http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/index_portraits.php

I think I found those thousand picture archives from a link off of G3, not sure. And I can't find any google matches just by using the filename of one of the images I downloaded from there either.

F0005L was what the nomenclature for the files were.

F3108S was the last female file I downloaded. Female 3108 small size. You can see why I said "thousands".

RFemPorts.zip 150 pics from Sorcerer's place had some good portraits, though. I was using a lot of those until I found the thousands of pictures site and downloaded all the best male and female pics I could find.

If any of the stuff I have is what you are looking, I can upload it to rapidshare or megashare.
Baronius
Aren't you searching for our portraitcity.blackwyrmlair.net? smile.gif
ClefairyTorii
Oh man, thanks for the replies. I'm going to go through those links as soon as I can.

Portrait City was good, but sadly it did not have all the files I was looking for. So... that lead to the 3 week google search of madness. In the end, I could not find all of them.

The big problem is some of the portraits I used were not fantasy art... some were ripped from other games. I actually still remember the name of the site I found them all those years ago: Divine Treasures. Sadly the site is long gone I guess.

Ymarsakar
No wonder I couldn't find it via search, Baronius, you got it hidden in the lair.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.