Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is there a Kill All Gab mod?
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > The Gathering Hall
Sir-Kill
What I would like is a mod that kills all banters, romances, and environment comments. "Jaheira I would plug your mouth if I had the power!"

I usually play a multi play because those things annoy me so much.

so if not a mod is there something I can easily do to kill them?

I would like to go on any quests that an npc (bioware and/or mod) would have.
Moongaze
I don't think there's a mod for that yet.
Sir-Kill
yeah I know, wish there was.

I usually play a thief and when I am sneaking around in a dungeon some npc thinks it is just fine to comment on what an awful place we are in.
"thanks for giving away our position a**hole!"

now I know it doesn't really have an effect on the actual game but but for RP it really breaks the mod.

got an idea. if you want to talk why not do it on the 20 hour journey it takes from one place to another.

any other time I am running around doing 2-5 quests.
"I really do not have the time to romance you Jaheira....BTW didn't I tell you to stow it already, take the hint" clingy rolleyes.gif

ok say we are in a tavern and we just got done killing a dragon and I am buying the drinks, that there might be a good time to chat about fallen comrades, my sparkling personalty, or what might happen in the future.

"barkeep I'll have a brown spider ale" tongue.gif
igi
BanterBlockFlag action?
Sir-Kill
nope that does not seem to do the trick, thanks tho
Jarno Mikkola
unsure.gif Well, there should be a JCompton's banter accelerator, which code probably could be used for this, by changing the time variable just a little past the eternity. biggrin.gif Here is a link for the mod that gives the original to you.
Sir-Kill
hmm interesting. Now if i knew how to mod I'd be all set biggrin.gif
The Bigg
Adapted from BG2 tweaks. It could still have rough edges (haven't tested at all), and should kill everything in sight (including interjections, and possibly quests). OTOH, weirdly coded stuff might still fire. Don't install with BG2 Tweaks - More Interjections component.
CODE
COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~^.+\.dlg$~ ~override~
  DECOMPILE_DLG_TO_D
    REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~I[fs]ValidForPartyDialog\(ue\)?[^ ]* ~
                      ~False() ~
    REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~I[fs]ValidForPartyDialog\(ue\)?[^ ]*$~
                      ~False() ~
  COMPILE_D_TO_DLG
  IF ~ValidForPartyDialog~
  BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~^.+\.bcs$~ ~override~
  DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF
    REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~I[fs]ValidForPartyDialog\(ue\)?.*$~
                      ~False()~
  COMPILE_BAF_TO_BCS
  IF ~16552~
  BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

... but then you might just be better off with a Multiplayer-style party closedeyes.gif
Sir-Kill
Don't install with BG2 Tweaks - More Interjections component.

hahah! no I would not be doing that

the code could have been in Chinese since I am 'graphics only' guy, but thanks

well if it killed the quests that would suck. and if 'weirdly coded stuff' might still fire that would be the exception no the rule... I could deal with that.

*lightning storm shuts down comp
The Bigg
QUOTE(Sir-Kill @ Mar 31 2008, 02:42 PM) *
the code could have been in Chinese since I am 'graphics only' guy, but thanks

As much as I hate being condescending to people who have been modding longer than me, if you can't use what I posted without further instructions I wouldn't try it (as I can't even guarantee that it works). I'll secretly hope somebody else is going to guide you through creating a tp2 with that code (I'm an elitist and not-so-secretly dislike explaining beginner stuff stuff) wink.gif
Sir-Kill
hmm I have no problem answering beginner 3ds questions.
I could have learned coding/scripting when I started but since the community has a serious lack of 3ders I dedicated all this time to do graphics

but I guess I could find someone to help. It is not even a huge deal since I am lvl 19 have not played in years and probably will not play again for some time.

frankly if I learn code I would not do it with the IE
Moongaze
QUOTE(The Bigg @ Mar 31 2008, 11:19 PM) *
(I'm an elitist and not-so-secretly dislike explaining beginner stuff stuff) wink.gif

Beginners aren't worth your time?
Quite arrogant, that... and makes for a lousy tutor as well.
Please keep that elitist attitude limited to your elitist forums (PPG, G3, SHS, whatever), and away from here.

Jab
Moongaze: There are some really good modding tutorials on these "elitist forums". So I think it's not arrogant to say: "I'm an elitist and not-so-secretly dislike explaining beginner stuff". Moreover it was evidently meant to be funny. ;-)

Baronius
On a side note, it's not particularly a big deal to learn some WeiDU programming or regular expressions (unlike graphics, which is much harder), just a matter of time, SirKill could do it too if he wanted to. But I agree that there is a bigger need for experts who know graphics than for another TP2 "ninja" with WeiDU-specific skills. But this is all off-topic, so no need to discuss it further.

Now, please let's stay on topic, everyone.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.