Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: using I_C_T
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Modder's Workshop
jastey
Hi everyone,

for using I_C_T to put in a remark of my NPC in an existing dialogue, I have to check whether the action triggers (if there are any) in the original dialogue will allow this. So it's obvious that I can't I_C_T if there is an
CODE
IF ~~ THEN Enemy()

because then *my* NPC will turn hostile - whereas the character in game remains standing. This example was quite obvious, but how about other action triggers?

"TakePartyGold(100)" for example leads to the person actually *having* these 100 gp (after killing, for example).
So, can I I_C_T here, or will it be my NPC (i.e. the group..) getting the money then? And what about TakePartyItem etc. ?

Anyone knowing more action triggers for which it's no good idea to I_C_T?

Thanks! smile.gif
CamDawg
In WeiDU v163, Wes added INTERJECT_COPY_TRANS2 which works exactly as I_C_T but leaves the actions with the original speaker; i.e. you can use it safely in a state with an Enemy() action without it being transferred to the person interjecting.
jastey
linkeek.gif Now THAT is.. Wow! Thank you for this information, I feel like a dream came true. happy2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.