Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: flysoup's art corner including the BG fan Comic
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Modder's Studio of Arts
Pages: 1, 2
flysoup
    The comic is back after years of absence from the artcrafting due to real life scenarios. Head into : http://baldursgatecomic.thecomicseries.com/

All the best to you all that keep the Baldur's Gate saga alive
    Michael H Bhaalspawn
    flysoup
    Jan Jansen in the heat of adventuring. (Updated with some highlights and shadows to make the Jan Jansen burp more juicy wink.gif )

[attachment=3058:jan_jansen_01.jpg]
    flysoup
    Visit http://baldursgatecomic.thecomicseries.com/ my friends!
    melkor_morgoth75
    Cool mate!!

Any chance to have the full comic available?

mm75
    flysoup
    Hi,

The comic is actually under development as we speak, I have scribbled (sketched) page 4 this evening. So I just need to ink it and color it. I have many projects going on at the same time including real life, but I will try to stick to a regular update basis.

Comments and suggestions on the comic content is always welcomed.

Best regards/
    flysoup
    flysoup
    Hi,

Here are some portraits I have made (pencil sketches and color work in photoshop with the mouse.).

Abdel:
    [attachment=2714:Abdel_Char.jpg]

Minsc and Boo:
    [attachment=2715:Minsc_Boo.jpg]

Korgan:
    [attachment=2719:Korgan.jpg]

Cernd:
    [attachment=2723:Cernd.jpg]

Sarevok:
    [attachment=2725:Sarevok.jpg]

Tiax:
    [attachment=2726:Tiax.jpg]
    flysoup
    Hi fellow adventurers,

I am back in the rpg town of the all so addictive Baldur's Gate saga, enjoy my bg fan artwork and comics.

Good speed to you all
    Baronius
    Thank you for all you've done for us. It's a pity you are leaving, but I totally understand your decision. It was a natural decision.

I wish good luck and all the best, flysoup!

Welcome back!
    Moongaze
    Hrrm...bye for good, I suppose.
    Why does everyone think that real life means a complete withdrawal from that which one enjoys?
    It can be combined...'tis just that no one cares to. closedeyes.gif
    goldengirl
    wow! those are very good
    such talent,it is too bad the person has left
    would have loved to see more
    Bereth Darkides
    Sarevok looks to have had to much to smoke, pretty funny!

Great Boo death above too. Hey I guess when they won the battle they must have just "squeaked" by eh!
    spree_hyy
    cool! thanks for sharing!
    flysoup
    Look at the too for the new location of the comic. It feels good to be back in the realm of sword and sorcery.
    Sir-Kill
    welcome back!
    flysoup
    All the best to you all in the virtual adventuring business, Good to be back!
    flysoup
    QUOTE(Baronius @ Mar 21 2008, 01:18 AM) *
    Thank you for all you've done for us. It's a pity you are leaving, but I totally understand your decision. It was a natural decision.

I wish good luck and all the best, flysoup!

Thanks!

But now I am back again and will try to update my art when the reality based life
    allows me. I guess I'll only be able to leave the Bg addiction when I am six feet underground.

Many thanks
    Sir_Carnifex
    Great drawings in a great style = great work.

Keep 'em coming!
    flysoup
    QUOTE(Sir_Carnifex @ Jun 17 2008, 03:47 AM) *
    Great drawings in a great style = great work.

Keep 'em coming!

Thank you, I am really glad you like it!

I have just scribbled on page 9 and will ink it tomorrow if real life allows me
    and that I don't give in for my laziness wink.gif

My style is to use simple lines and not overworking on details. I am trying to
    detain a sketchy style since I find it giving more life into the illustrations.
    Stiff straight lines constructed with a ruler can sometiomes give a result
    of a drawing with a feeling of less life in it.

Sorry for the nerdship there , but I just wanted to share some of my ideas and thoughts
    on my way of working.

Good speed to you!
    Sir_Carnifex
    I think too many details sometimes take away from a picture when it's supposed to be a comic. The simple look encourages the reader to look at what is happening and not just at all the minute details. Well, that's my opinion anyway.
    flysoup
    QUOTE(Sir_Carnifex @ Jun 19 2008, 01:02 AM) *
    I think too many details sometimes take away from a picture when it's supposed to be a comic. The simple look encourages the reader to look at what is happening and not just at all the minute details. Well, that's my opinion anyway.

I couldn't agree more!
    flysoup
    Visit http://bhaalspawn.com/ my friends!
    Red Shadow
    thats cool, keep up the good work
    Sir_Carnifex
    I hope that's decaf. Sarevok certainly doesn't need anything to make him more hyper.
    flysoup
    QUOTE(Sir_Carnifex @ Jun 22 2008, 08:02 PM) *
    I hope that's decaf. Sarevok certainly doesn't need anything to make him more hyper.

Hehe you are right about that friend. Above that thank you all for the inspiring comments!
    flysoup
    Hello all rpg nerds (me included) out there, you can also view samples from the baldur's gate comic at youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/bgcomic

Good speed to you all
    flysoup
    In game characters/pinups and npc's Gallery:

[attachment=3085:Bodhi_Irenicus.png] [attachment=3086:xan_ettercaps.jpg] [attachment=3087:janjanse...beholder.jpg]
    [attachment=3084:xzar_neurotica.jpg] [attachment=3083:korgan_bloodaxe.jpg] [attachment=3088:Torgal.jpg] [attachment=3131:minsc_bo...ach_2008.jpg] [attachment=3149:kivan_hunk.jpg] [attachment=3152:jahiera_beach.jpg]
    [attachment=3155:khalid_pinup.jpg] [attachment=3210:aerie_pinup.jpg] [attachment=3214:viconia_pinup.jpg] [attachment=3275:solaufein_pinup.jpg] [attachment=3386:aerie_minsc.jpg] [attachment=3397:boo_minsc.jpg] [attachment=3446:cernd_pinup.jpg] [attachment=3456:yoshimo_pinup.jpg] [attachment=3596:boo_dynaheir_minsc.jpg]
    Sir_Carnifex
    Jan and Xzar are my favorites out of those five. Something just doesn't look quite right about Korgan's face. Maybe it's a little too thin? I can't quite place a finger on it. Other than that, it's great and very much in character. smile.gif
    flysoup
    QUOTE(Sir_Carnifex @ Jul 7 2008, 12:59 AM) *
    Jan and Xzar are my favorites out of those five. Something just doesn't look quite right about Korgan's face. Maybe it's a little too thin? I can't quite place a finger on it. Other than that, it's great and very much in character. smile.gif

Has anything ever been right with Korgan? tongue.gif Anyway you might be right about Korgans face, it looks a bit twisted in a weird way. Thanks for the constructive criticism from wich I can learn and develop from thumb.gif
    flysoup
    To all of you that might have added my comic pages to your computer, I have corrected some typos and other minor text and visual edits on page 3, 10, 11 and 14 so you might want to download those again. The blog will include all the new edited pages.

Peace!
    flysoup
    Sir_Carnifex
    I'm waiting to see how Boo gets shrunk. laugh.gif
    flysoup
    QUOTE(Sir_Carnifex @ Jul 23 2008, 03:35 AM) *
    I'm waiting to see how Boo gets shrunk. laugh.gif

So am I hehe, It might even get revealed in the upcoming page, maybe wink.gif
    Sir_Carnifex
    I'm still following the comics, but I tend to see them at SHS first --- and then I look here to see if this one was updated. laugh.gif

I like Boo's magnificent entrance. It's a good thing he hit Elminster, otherwise there would be no miniature giant space hamster anymore.
    flysoup
    QUOTE(Sir_Carnifex @ Aug 26 2008, 12:52 AM) *
    I'm still following the comics, but I tend to see them at SHS first --- and then I look here to see if this one was updated. laugh.gif

I like Boo's magnificent entrance. It's a good thing he hit Elminster, otherwise there would be no miniature giant space hamster anymore.

Glad you follow it still friend smile.gif I have the comic at several web pages, trying make a worldwide Baldur' Gate revival smile.gif
    Yea Boo would surely have been splatted if it wasn't for Elminster smile.gif
    flysoup
    Sir_Carnifex
    WHAT? No Boo? biggrin.gif
    flysoup
    QUOTE(Sir_Carnifex @ Nov 17 2008, 06:10 AM) *
    WHAT? No Boo? biggrin.gif

Boo will show up in time wink.gif
    flysoup
    The Baldur's Gate Comic is now up on facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/people/Baldurs-Gate-Comic/1697671566

Page 5-6 will be changed in the future: Sarevok will be younger and fleeing the scene when his foster mother gets strangled.

And here is the comic from page 46:

[attachment=3630:bg_comic_46.jpg] [attachment=3638:bg_comic_47.jpg] [attachment=3641:bg_comic_48.jpg] [attachment=3656:bg_comic_49.jpg] [attachment=3670:bg_comic_50.jpg] [attachment=3673:bg_comic_51.jpg]
    [attachment=3674:bg_comic_52.jpg] [attachment=3680:bg_comic_53.jpg]
    Sir_Carnifex
    Oh no! Not Aerie! laugh.gif
    flysoup
    QUOTE(Sir_Carnifex @ Apr 21 2009, 07:49 AM) *
    Oh no! Not Aerie! laugh.gif

Yes Aerie had to play a part to please all the Aerie fans out there. I am more a fan of Viconia smile.gif
    flysoup
    Back into the dark pits of the Underdark as the fate of Viconia continues... I want to share an example on how much the comic improves by prune1 from Spellhold Studios with his text edits. In panel one page 54 I first wrote: "Vicona now wandered the Underdark as a lonely fugitive…" but prune1 massively improved the feeling and the drama with his suggestion: "Exiled, and marked for death, Viconia wandered the Underdark. A fugitive amongst her own kind." So give him some cheering and applauds because with his aid the storyline really improves and also cleans it from my 'Swenglish'. My visual edits and his text edits on page 1-52 will be uploaded on a upcoming webpage for the comic. I also want to thank everyone that has given me constructive criticism on both visuals and story content. I have learned much from that and also adapted many changes based on that. Good speed to you all!

[attachment=3690:bg_comic_54.jpg]
    flysoup
    Update: The saga continues; page 56-57, colored on my laptop so the colors looked weird...hopefully it looks ok on your screen
    whoever you are. I have also started to use a own created font now.

Credit for layout on page 57 goes to prune 1. I first had the middle panel as the last one without text. prune 1 suggested the current layout that in my mind improved the feeling of the page amazingly!

[attachment=3712:bg_comic_55.jpg] [attachment=3724:bg_comic_JPEG_56.jpg] [attachment=3725:bg_comic_JPEG_57.jpg]
    flysoup
    Hi friends!
    The saga continues within the dark pits of the Underdark.
    Prune 1 at Spellhold Studios did rewrite the dialogue in panel 4 and it amazingly improved the feeling and quality of the dialogues. Tons of credit for that! I am going to start crafting some intro pages for the comic that will only be presented on the upcoming BG Comic webpage. So the updates will slow down a bit from now on. I hope you all wont forget the comic though because it will start again on a new webpage with a lot of none published pages. I will update some continious pages on the web though but the main focus will be put into the crafting of the upcoming BG Comic page. The comic will be named the Bhaalspawn. So see you soon in a couple of month's on the brand new webpage smile.gif

[attachment=3727:bg_comic_58_jpeg.jpg]
    Sir_Carnifex
    It's been ages since I last checked here, but I see you've been busy. I'll be sure to take a look when I've got a moment to enjoy it. smile.gif
    flysoup
    QUOTE(Sir_Carnifex @ Oct 12 2009, 08:24 PM) *
    It's been ages since I last checked here, but I see you've been busy. I'll be sure to take a look when I've got a moment to enjoy it. smile.gif

Hi there friend!

The comic is here for you when you feel for it smile.gif I am currently in a visual edit process with some of the pages for the upcoming webpage. Ever since prune 1 joined the script editing I have decided to step up a level in the artwork crafting. I hope that shows in the later pages. All the grammatical corrections will be up on the new webpage.

/peace
    flysoup
    Sir-Kill
    The more buildings looks much better, the shading on Sarevok's nose is better too. I might of just added a bright purple line(s) on the swords blade instead all purple. but that is me.
    flysoup
    QUOTE(Sir-Kill @ Oct 20 2009, 01:09 PM) *
    The more buildings looks much better, the shading on Sarevok's nose is better too. I might of just added a bright purple line(s) on the swords blade instead all purple. but that is me.

You are right about the sword, I will look into it. Thanks for the constructive critique!

Here is another edit sampe from the Bhaalspawn comic:

Visual edits by me and script edits by prune1 at Spellhold Studios. (Edit page to the right).

[attachment=3738:bg_comic_edit04.jpg]

flysoup
    Teaser page of the prologue from the Bhaalspawn comic that will be up on the Bhaalspawn webpage in a near future.
    (artwork by me, script by me and prune1)

[attachment=3743:bhaalspa...logue_02.jpg]
    flysoup
    Hi, long time no hear aye? Well as I have mentioned my old servant computer dated from the early 90's took his/her last breath. But hear this there is a new small computer in my home now, though I had to connect it with a large monitor. So I can once again start the Bhaalspawn comic together with prune 1 at SHS. Since there has been a massive delay in the website crafting I owe you another teaser page.

[attachment=3797:prologue01.jpg]
    This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
    Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.