Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Some questions about walkthrough
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
rpmaster
First of all i'd like to thank Vlad and other authors for this mod. New interesting quests, new areas, full sounds for main NPCs... It's all very tasty and thanks a lot.

However after finishing this mod for the third time i decided to clarify several things:
(i've used right install order from http://forums.blackwyrmlair.net/index.php?showtopic=2541)

1) If Hrothgar is permanently killed, am i stuck in Icewind Dale forever? Or i will be able to use portal in the druid's house anyway?

2) Store in the Severed Hand - i found prices there to be VERY player-friendly. It should be so or it will be fixed in the future?

3) I found this moment a bit annoying - as I understand, when i decide to where teleport from Severed Hand, i have 3 options - back to Irenicus dungeon, to the Dorns keep and to the city. But when i played without component "Additional content for part2..." i spent much time trying to find what caused CTD's when i tried to go to Dorn's keep. Maybe it should be clarified in the Readme or maybe it's possible to simply remove this dialog option if only core component is installed?

4) Trouble in the Five Flagons - i accept quest, go upstairs, grab items and when i go back to the main floor i've got a strange "dialog" about me dont's having someone in the party and my character was killed. Please clarify this moment.

5) Melora, Leina, Taffic - are they somehow connected to the main NEJ quest? (Maybe because i prefered Melora and Leina to be optional as they were in older versions... )

6) In Halruaa i found such item as Rithelium Mace... With it i finished the game with my sorcerer almost solo - constant improved alacrity in combination with robe of vecna, amulet of power etc allows to kill many creatures (even dragons) in 1 turn. Again, should it be so or it is an exploit and this item will be nerfed?

7) And strange bug - when i try to play WITHOUT "Boo - Minsc's familiar", Minsc cant move - he does several steps and stops... (I tried several times with CLEAN INSTALL, tob patch, baldurdash and so on. And this bug was encountered all these times) But using this optional component fixes it.

Thank's for your time!
Vlad
First, you are welcome.

1. I would suggest reload in case Hrothgar is killed. You cannot continue without Hrothgar as all NeJ2 quests are connected to him. If Hrothgar is not in your party, then the second part won't be triggered and it means you don't need to have NeJ2 installed.

2. It should be so. I mean become a millionaire. smile.gif

3. Nobody said that *Additional Content for Part 2* is optional. I left it as a separate component for debugging but I have never mentioned that it might be skipped.

4. *Someone* is Hrothgar, of course (see 1.)

5. None of the NPCs except Hrothgar are connected to the main quest. You probably cannot skip them in your installation but you can skip them in your game.

6. One of the quest we consider is about Rithelium (a piece of metal you found in SH and the weapons from Halruaa). If we decide on omitting this quest, I'll downgrade the Mace.

7. I consider to either move this component back to TS or to make it an integral part of NeJ2. In any case, it won't be optional.

Good luck!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.