Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BG2 Herbs - weird think happened
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Small mods, tweaks and fixes
melkor_morgoth75
Hello Baronius,

i'm enjoing a new Mega install, please u may find my weidu log here:

http://www.shsforums.net/index.php?showtop...mp;#entry373299

Actually i encountered something REALLY weird. I got a stutter bug in Nashkel area (Bg1 part of the game) and i had to face a weakened vampire there! I noticed the cre file (it's bw02cre4.cre) comes from your mods but i don't have a clue why it has been added to that area (the vampire as soon as i enter the area fights against a couple of amnish soldier near Minsc's encounter).

May be, looking at my Weidu log, u can smell what happened, if there could be some conflict? (i don't see anything who can conflict there). Moreover, looking at some scripts added by BG2 Herbs, i don't see WHERE the bw02cre4.cre is added eventually in BG2 part of the game ... i've just noticed the cre is added by tp2 to override but no area script creates the creture,

many thanks in advance,

mm75

Baronius
Herbs and Potions uses the same prefix for the files of the BG2 version as for the BG1 version, because I thought they wouldn't be installed together (mutex). I didn't take the Megainstall option into consideration.

So both TP2 scripts install the same files, and in your configuration, the BG2 files override (overwrite) their BG1 versions. In the BG1 edition, the thief never transforms into a vampire essence.

The BG2 herbalist offers the same herbs and potions, so I think it's pointless to install both mods. In the light of the new fact (I should've known, but forgot about it) i.e. that the same identifier prefix is used, they shouldn't be installed to the same mod configuration.
melkor_morgoth75
QUOTE(Baronius @ Jan 24 2008, 08:24 PM) *
Herbs and Potions uses the same prefix for the files of the BG2 version as for the BG1 version, because I thought they wouldn't be installed together (mutex). I didn't take the Megainstall option into consideration.

So both TP2 scripts install the same files, and in your configuration, the BG2 files override (overwrite) their BG1 versions. In the BG1 edition, the thief never transforms into a vampire essence.

The BG2 herbalist offers the same herbs and potions, so I think it's pointless to install both mods. In the light of the new fact (I should've known, but forgot about it) i.e. that the same identifier prefix is used, they shouldn't be installed to the same mod configuration.

Thanks Baronius for your feedback, but i don't think it's pointless to install both. In a BGT game u know, i'd need both installed if i want the erbalist in BG1 and BG2, anyway i got your point ... do u think that the "only" issue i have it's the vampire? The erbalist will be the "very same" as normal in Bg1 (and later in Bg2)?

mm75
Baronius
In a BGT game u know, i'd need both installed if i want the erbalist in BG1 and BG2
I see. In BGT I suppose you can't return to Nashkel in the BG2 part of the game (it sounds logical indeed).

do u think that the "only" issue i have it's the vampire? The erbalist will be the "very same" as normal in Bg1 (and later in Bg2)?

As the BG2 files have completely overwritten the BG1 versions, the Baldur's Gate II edition should work properly. As far as the BG1 edition is concerned, it now uses all resources of the BG2 edition, and I suppose it won't cause serious problems, but some anomalies are possible (and the replaced dialogues might sounds strange I guess). I'm not sure, because I don't remember the exact differences between the BG1 and BG2 versions of resources. Hopefully they are just minor or negligible issues.

Please keep us informed here about what you experience.
melkor_morgoth75
QUOTE(Baronius @ Jan 25 2008, 03:24 PM) *
Please keep us informed here about what you experience.

I will,

thanks again,

mm75
melkor_morgoth75
It seems that the mod works just as it should even with "BG2 references" installed. I still have to try "everything" with the erbalist in Nashkel but ... so far so good. I also think that the "stutter" bug is ABSOLUTELY NOT due to this conflict. I encountered another little stutter in the area west of Nashkel, so definitely it should be something different that is causing it,

will keep updated if i find something strange with items/potions :-)

mm75
Baronius
Thanks very much, mm75!

What exactly do you mean by "stutter bug"? Irrelevant, wrong text in a creature's dialogue?
melkor_morgoth75
QUOTE(Baronius @ Jan 28 2008, 04:06 PM) *
Thanks very much, mm75!

What exactly do you mean by "stutter bug"? Irrelevant, wrong text in a creature's dialogue?

I mean ... your party moves stuttering. (ex: i select the party to move ... the frames stop, the image on screen freezes then u see your party has moved somewhere, then freeze again and so on ...). I hope i was able to explain myself, sorry i'm not a native english speaker :-)

mm75
Baronius
Thanks, it was clear. smile.gif I also doubt it has anything to do with the subject of the present discussion about Herbs mods.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.