Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ezekiel silent
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
Polecat
Hi there,
My first post on Blackwyrm Lair for my favourite mod-NEJ!:)
Anyway, I think I have just completed Ezekiel test (have also made Ring of might and some other tests), but he won't speak to me when I go back to his room with Kalinor...did I do something wrong?
SPOILER
I killed shadows, then went into crypt. Killed the doom guards and detrapped and unlocked tombs. then I used invisible thief (not on first attempt!), to take items and kalinor and was able to leave the crypt. Returned to stairs, killed gibberlings and then returned to Ezekiel, but now he won't talk:(
END SPOILER
Any suggestions?
Senka
Please write your installation order. Have you any mods installed?
Polecat
SOA
TOB
Patch
WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name
~SETUP-BDTOBV16.TP2~ #0 #0 // MULTI-STRONGHOLD. All the warrior classes (fighters, rangers and paladins) and monks may get the De’Arnise Keep as their stronghold in addition to another stronghold which is accessible according to their class. Also all dual- and multi-classes have no restrictions to the number of strongholds they may obtain.
~SETUP-BDTOBV16.TP2~ #0 #1 // RESTORED TWISTED RUNE QUEST
~SETUP-BDTOBV16.TP2~ #0 #2 // GRAND MASTERY FIX. This fix originally created by James Schumacher you may get from various sources including Baldurdash tweaks and cheats. It fixes the weapon proficiency table for fighters according to the original D&D rules implemented in BG1 and IWD. If you have not installed it yet I would strongly recommend to do so.
~SETUP-BDTOBV16.TP2~ #0 #3 // BONUS MERCHANTS. These are the two bonus merchants from the original BioWare Collector’s Edition CD.
~SETUP-BDTOBV16.TP2~ #0 #4 // Improved Nymph (Woodland Being) Script by Goeran Rimen
~SETUP-BDTOBV16.TP2~ #0 #5 // Dual Wielding Fix for Rogues by aVENGER
~SETUP-BDTOBV16.TP2~ #0 #6 // Baldurdash Fix Pack for ToB, v1.6 WeiDU
~SETUP-BDTOBV16.TP2~ #0 #7 // Textupdatepack -> Baldurdash English Text Update Pack for ToB, v1.4 WeiDU
~BW_HERBS_BG2/SETUP-BW_HERBS_BG2.TP2~ #0 #0 // Herbs and Potions Add-in for BG2 by Baronius, v1.0.3
~SETUP-AMDK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Auramaster druid kit
~VIC.TP2~ #0 #1 // Victor's Wizards Know Better(have more Lore)
~VIC.TP2~ #0 #2 // Faithful Rogue Kit for BGII
~VIC.TP2~ #0 #11 // Improved Irenicus Dungeon(Not as difficult as Improved Ilyich)
~VIC.TP2~ #0 #12 // Grandpa's Shield quest
~TOD/SETUP-TOD.TP2~ #0 #0 // Tower Of Deception Mod (Requires Throne Of Bhaal)
~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ascension v1.41 (requires ToB)
~SETUP-IMPROVEDANVIL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Improved Anvil for SOA & TOB
~SETUP-TS.TP2~ #0 #0 // TORTURED SOULS v6.11
~SETUP-TS.TP2~ #0 #3 // AREAS & SOUNDS. This component is required to play the mod.
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #0 // Never Ending Journey Second Edition v6.91
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #1 // Continuous and Custom Kit Imoen
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #3 // Priest of Sylvanus (Druid) Kit and Improved Character Jaheira.
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #5 // Boo - Familiar of Minsc (This component is not available in BG1!)
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #6 // "Firewalker" Shar-Teel (custom kit and continuous character)
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #7 // Additional content for Part II (beta)
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #12 // Areas & Sounds (This component is required to play NeJ2!)
~SETUP-NEJ2V693.TP2~ #0 #0 // Never Ending Journey Second Edition v6.93 (Patch)

I think this is what you mean? Only Blackwyrm lair mods I think? Just to clarify, I get the message: "Ezekiel has nothing to say to you".
Sikret
QUOTE(Polecat @ Jan 13 2008, 05:45 AM) *
~SETUP-AMDK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Auramaster druid kit
~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ascension v1.41 (requires ToB)
~SETUP-IMPROVEDANVIL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Improved Anvil for SOA & TOB

If you have version 5 of Improved Anvil, it's not compatible with AMDK and Ascension. IA wouldn't even properly install after Ascension. However, the particular problem of "Ezekiel has nothing to say to you" is hardly caused by this.

You can keep Improved Anvil, but you need to uninstall those two mods.
Senka
~VIC.TP2~ #0 #1 // Victor's Wizards Know Better(have more Lore)
~VIC.TP2~ #0 #2 // Faithful Rogue Kit for BGII
~VIC.TP2~ #0 #11 // Improved Irenicus Dungeon(Not as difficult as Improved Ilyich)
~VIC.TP2~ #0 #12 // Grandpa's Shield quest
~TOD/SETUP-TOD.TP2~ #0 #0 // Tower Of Deception Mod (Requires Throne Of Bhaal)

I'm not sure this mods compatible with NEJ. Please read installation order by Vlad and readme carefully
Baronius
Those are two BWL mods, but at the moment I also don't remember if they have been tested together with NEJ or examined technically. Though Polecat's installation configuration (mods & their order) seems to be okay, only the mods that haven't been examined in this configuration may cause the problem.
Valiant
So far I don´t see an incompatibility with TOD, as it is modifying only two original gamefiles, one of them is STATE.IDS. All the rest is made separately, creatures don´t use game scripts but their own, and all areas are also made custom... really can´t imagine what can cause that problem...
Golden Thief
Polcat, something you might try because it would appear either Exekiel is not reconginzing that you have the body or the trigger that says you did finish the quest didn't get set. So first try and talk to Ezekiel with the person that has Kalinor's body, so if your thief has the body but you talk with him he does not recognize the body because it is not in your personal inventory, so put it into your personal inventory and then talk to him.
If that doesn't work then will have to check the global that was to be set.
Polecat
Thanks for suggestions. I tried golden thief idea, but it didn't register, so then I checked Global using Shadow keeper- VP_NECRO_TEST had a value of 1. I changed this to 2 and then Ezekiel talked:)
Now I have completed Halruaa and returned to Ulcaster ruins and eagerly await next part of NEJ!!!
Oh, and I am still using IA v4(.2?) and only 1st section of Ascension (as per compatibility doc). IA5 maybe in next install!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.